Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Verifying site
After the installation of getsimple cms i've tried to verify site on the main page and appear this :

GetSimple Version
GetSimple Version Verify not executable. Your version is 2.03.1
Download
Server configuration
PHP Version 5.2.12 - OK
cURL Module not installed - warning

Why i can not verify my version ? i've downloade and installed the last.
And for the cURL Module what i do to install it and at what does it need ?
thank
I'm newbie and i search to understand this great cms.
Excuse to all if i ask every time stupid questions .
THX
dangerin Wrote:After the installation of getsimple cms i've tried to verify site on the main page and appear this :

GetSimple Version
GetSimple Version Verify not executable. Your version is 2.03.1
Download
Server configuration
PHP Version 5.2.12 - OK
cURL Module not installed - warning

Why i can not verify my version ? i've downloade and installed the last.
And for the cURL Module what i do to install it and at what does it need ?
thank

If the cURL module is not installed, GetSimple cannot check for newer versions. You have to check get-simple.info manually.
Other than that, everything will work (as far as I know).
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
thank you.. do you know how can i install this cURL module ?
manually verify do you mean that i must go to the site and see qht version is and verify what verison i've installed remembering in tha past what was the pack taht i downloaded ?
THX
dangerin Wrote:thank you.. do you know how can i install this cURL module ?

http://www.php.net/manual/en/curl.setup.php

dangerin Wrote:manually verify do you mean that i must go to the site and see qht version is and verify what verison i've installed remembering in tha past what was the pack taht i downloaded ?

Yes - but you don't have to remember, you can look into your GetSimple installation ;-)
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
thank you for link but i see that the instructions are about a local installation..
i must install on my linux pc that you have linked ?
i thought that the parameters were related to the server web ..
excuse me if i do not understand but i'm new on this web world ! ! ( but i like it ! ! )
THX
dangerin Wrote:thank you for link but i see that the instructions are about a local installation..
i must install on my linux pc that you have linked ?
i thought that the parameters were related to the server web ..
excuse me if i do not understand but i'm new on this web world ! ! ( but i like it ! ! )

You or your hosting provider must install it on the web server. But it is not important to do it, just ignore the warning in GetSimple.
Thank you for answer,
I can not install it on my webserver and also the hosting do not do this operation.
They say that hosting is mades in that configuration and in that configuration it must stay.
If i can ignore it i'll do .. thank you
Bye
THX
Correct, curl isn't needed to use gs. Check the wiki module requirements page for more details
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!