Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Get simple 3.3.16 support for php 8.0
(2023-01-06, 04:35:09)jlyon1515 Wrote: My host is going to be forcing users to adopt PHP 8 ... where we can't stay on PHP 7 even if we want to.

This only happens when you are using cheap charlie hosting companies

I pay 90 dollar per year for my hosting company and I can choose any php 5.x / 6.x / 7.x and 8.x
any php.ini / any mysql / any mod security / any what ever I need
(2023-01-06, 07:16:03)Felix Wrote:
(2023-01-06, 04:35:09)jlyon1515 Wrote: My host is going to be forcing users to adopt PHP 8 ... where we can't stay on PHP 7 even if we want to.

This only happens when you are using cheap charlie hosting companies

I pay 90 dollar per year for my hosting company and I can choose any php 5.x / 6.x / 7.x and 8.x
any php.ini / any mysql / any mod security / any what ever I need

OR you are hosting at a university that is forcing the change. ;)
PHP 8.1
Found today (could not find whether this is already fixed):

/plugins/i18n_base/frontend.class.php on line 24:
explode(): Passing null to parameter #2 ($string) of type string is deprecated

This occurs in function getLanguages().
Fix:
$httplanguages = explode(",", @$_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE']??'');

(still dont know how $_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE'] can be null as I used a standard browser, but thats not the point here.)
(2023-01-09, 01:00:20)Knobbles Wrote: PHP 8.1
Found today (could not find whether this is already fixed):

/plugins/i18n_base/frontend.class.php on line 24:
explode(): Passing null to parameter #2 ($string) of type string is deprecated

This occurs in function getLanguages().
Fix:
$httplanguages = explode(",", @$_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE']??'');

(still dont know how $_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE'] can be null as I used a standard browser, but thats not the point here.)

Thanks Knobbles, no I dont think this has come up yet. Will add to the new repo asap.
Are you using English with this plugin or other?

GS Community Edition with php8.x compatibility, new features and much more!  Support Me

Yes I am using English as well as some other languages with i18n plugin.
Never had any problem. I found the issue above by accident in the GetSimple error log, even though I had GSDEBUG activited.

Will have a look there more often, as apparently not every warning or error makes it up to to frontend.
(2023-01-10, 03:24:32)Knobbles Wrote: Yes I am using English as well as some other languages with i18n plugin.
Never had any problem. I found the issue above by accident in the GetSimple error log, even though I had GSDEBUG activited.

Will have a look there more often, as apparently not every warning or error makes it up to to frontend.

Islander fixed your suggestion and put to the repo. Thanks for yours info!
Are we ever going to see an "official" release with all these community patches worked in?

And if so, when? Or is "official" GetSimple dead?
(2023-01-10, 06:37:30)sremick Wrote: Are we ever going to see an "official" release with all these community patches worked in?

And if so, when? Or is "official" GetSimple dead?

Dont think of it as dead, just in coma. ?

Directly from Shawns mouth (12/08/2022):
Quote:I am releasing it very very soon
( yes i have been saying that for 5 years )

So, in the meantime, you are more than welcome to visit the official Unofficial version, with all fixes included and a growing list of plugins...

GS Community Edition with php8.x compatibility, new features and much more!  Support Me

Multi User plugin
After not clicking on the Update Plugin button, the following warnings appear.
Code:
Deprecated: Function zip_open() is deprecated in C:\OSPanel\domains\gsphp8.ia\plugins\user-managment.php on line 501

Deprecated: Function zip_read() is deprecated in C:\OSPanel\domains\gsphp8.ia\plugins\user-managment.php on line 512

Deprecated: Function zip_entry_name() is deprecated in C:\OSPanel\domains\gsphp8.ia\plugins\user-managment.php on line 517

Deprecated: Function zip_entry_open() is deprecated in C:\OSPanel\domains\gsphp8.ia\plugins\user-managment.php on line 525

Deprecated: Function zip_entry_name() is deprecated in C:\OSPanel\domains\gsphp8.ia\plugins\user-managment.php on line 529

Deprecated: Function zip_entry_filesize() is deprecated in C:\OSPanel\domains\gsphp8.ia\plugins\user-managment.php on line 535

Deprecated: Function zip_entry_read() is deprecated in C:\OSPanel\domains\gsphp8.ia\plugins\user-managment.php on line 535

Deprecated: Function zip_entry_close() is deprecated in C:\OSPanel\domains\gsphp8.ia\plugins\user-managment.php on line 543

Deprecated: Function zip_read() is deprecated in C:\OSPanel\domains\gsphp8.ia\plugins\user-managment.php on line 512

Deprecated: Function zip_entry_name() is deprecated in C:\OSPanel\domains\gsphp8.ia\plugins\user-managment.php on line 517

Deprecated: Function zip_entry_name() is deprecated in C:\OSPanel\domains\gsphp8.ia\plugins\user-managment.php on line 521

Deprecated: Function zip_entry_open() is deprecated in C:\OSPanel\domains\gsphp8.ia\plugins\user-managment.php on line 525

Deprecated: Function zip_entry_name() is deprecated in C:\OSPanel\domains\gsphp8.ia\plugins\user-managment.php on line 529

Deprecated: Function zip_entry_filesize() is deprecated in C:\OSPanel\domains\gsphp8.ia\plugins\user-managment.php on line 535

Deprecated: Function zip_entry_read() is deprecated in C:\OSPanel\domains\gsphp8.ia\plugins\user-managment.php on line 535

Warning: file_put_contents(../plugins/user-managment/): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\OSPanel\domains\gsphp8.ia\plugins\user-managment.php on line 537

Deprecated: Function zip_entry_close() is deprecated in C:\OSPanel\domains\gsphp8.ia\plugins\user-managment.php on line 543

Deprecated: Function zip_entry_name() is deprecated in C:\OSPanel\domains\gsphp8.ia\plugins\user-managment.php on line 521

Warning: file_put_contents(../plugins/user-managment/lang/): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\OSPanel\domains\gsphp8.ia\plugins\user-managment.php on line 537

Deprecated: Function zip_close() is deprecated in C:\OSPanel\domains\gsphp8.ia\plugins\user-managment.php on line 547
This is the reason why I am not anymore so enthusiastic about php programming as I once was.
Meanwhile, it feels like wading against the current through quicksand.

You use standard functions, like these zip or the heavily used null-accepting string functions, and you believe that you built something solid and stable.
And then some arrogant PHP jerks come along and think that all programmers have as much time to tinker with their software as they do. And they needlessly kill proven and much-used functionality so that many thousands of programmers have to touch and repair their work continuously.

</offtopic>
(2023-01-12, 21:12:39)Oleg06 Wrote: Multi User plugin
Code:
Deprecated: Function zip_open() is deprecated ...

Hello Oleg. My guess is that there are two problems. First, trying to upgrade to a plugin that is outdated for your version of php. And second, the update method to unzip files is deprecated. My guess is that it is the second one throwing the error.
Not sure if that plugin works on newer php or not though.

(2023-01-13, 04:01:29)islander Wrote:
Code:

Hello Oleg. My guess is that there are two problems. First, trying to upgrade to a plugin that is outdated for your version of php. And second, the update method to unzip files is deprecated. My guess is that it is the second one throwing the error.

I downloaded the plugin here https://getsimplecms-ce-plugins.github.io/
Quote:This is the reason why I am not anymore so enthusiastic about php programming as I once was.
Meanwhile, it feels like wading against the current through quicksand.

I know exactly what you mean.
A solution would be to find a way to export a GS website to a Static html website

We all know the advantages of a static html website, no need to mention that here,
just Google for it (speed, more secure, google drive hosting .... etc. etc. etc.)

But the point here is that when a GS website is converted to a static html website
hosting php upgrades would not matter anymore ...

I am going through the possibilities how to export a GS website to a static html website
wget is one of the options:
example:
wget -r -l inf -N -k http://yourwebsite.com

What do you guys think about this solution ?
(2023-01-13, 04:06:26)Oleg06 Wrote:
Code:

I see where the problem is coming from, but cant get it to repeat your problem.
You clicked the "update this plugin" button? or how was it triggered?

(2023-01-13, 07:51:29)islander Wrote:
(2023-01-13, 04:06:26)Oleg06 Wrote:
Code:

I see where the problem is coming from, but cant get it to repeat your problem.
You clicked the "update this plugin" button? or how was it triggered?
Yes. I clicked the "update this plugin" button
https://prnt.sc/8chjMElD_a2l
OK, easy solution then. Dont click it. Wink
Button will be removed.
If this was working, it would replace the 8.x compatible version with previous version.

I am glad to have found other people who still love this software. Can I contribute language (de_DE) files for the plugins > 8.1?
(2023-01-13, 22:07:31)igestalten Wrote: I am glad to have found other people who still love this software. Can I contribute language (de_DE) files for the plugins > 8.1?

That would be great. If you have the time and energy, take a look here:
https://github.com/orgs/GetSimpleCMS-CE-...positories
and
https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS-CE/GS-CE-Langs

If you find a plugin that is missing your lang. or the lang. needs to be updated, please create a Pull-Request, so we can add it as soon as possible.

Thanks for the offer.

(2023-01-13, 19:24:31)islander Wrote: OK, easy solution then. Dont click it. Wink
Button will be removed.
If this was working, it would replace the 8.x compatible version with previous version.

Ok In my working version of this button is not present. Smile
Great to see all this activity to support php 8.x - kudos to all! I also see some of the plugins have been updated too. As far as I can tell these keep all the old functionality but are adjusted for php 8.x Is that correct? Are there any readme/man files?
Thanks
(2023-01-18, 05:56:25)david.matthewson Wrote: Great to see all this activity to support php 8.x - kudos to all! I also see some of the plugins have been updated too. As far as I can tell these keep all the old functionality but are adjusted for php 8.x Is that correct? Are there any readme/man files?
Thanks

These updated plugins have been taken directly from the GS repo, updated where we can find depreciated functions, and added to Git. No new functionality is being added, just trying to make them work with newer versions of php.

(2023-01-18, 06:14:51)islander Wrote: No new functionality is being added, just trying to make them work with newer versions of php.

Thanks for that - good to know - great work.
https://getsimplecms-ce.github.io/

GetSimple CMS CE - 3.3.18.1 - now without some error on php 8.2
I want to add my thanks for this CE upgrade. I appreciate it very much! I have been testing this newest version and do like it a lot.

I have one problem that may or may not be due to the upgrade: Attempting to edit and save a change to one of the Innovation theme PHP files causes an internal server error. The permissions on the directory and the file are 755. I also tried 777 to no avail. This is not a deal-breaker because I can do local editing with FTP uploads, but I do like the admin editing option.

On another note, I had been using the “Download Manager by Mod1fy.net” for letting folks download files from my website and will be attempting to use it with the current CE edition of GetSimple and will certainly let you know its status. I would like to know if anyone has a better download solution.

...lee
(2023-04-10, 03:57:43)leestwise Wrote: I have one problem that may or may not be due to the upgrade: Attempting to edit and save a change to one of the Innovation theme PHP files causes an internal server error. The permissions on the directory and the file are 755. I also tried 777 to no avail. This is not a deal-breaker because I can do local editing with FTP uploads, but I do like the admin editing option.

Hello @leestwise. What type of error? Like a 500? A little more info is needed. Paste what its says so we have a better idea.
Could be .htaccess or modsecurity, or a new problem.
Regarding your plugin problem, maybe turn on debug in gsconfig to see what it says. Could be that the plugin is outdated, or is related to the above problem.