Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Front End User Login Plugin (XML Or Database - ver: 3.0)
Tested 3.1 locally and it seems to be working.
Ty for this mikeh.

A few things:
I noticed that when I log in, log in forms are still showing
Also when I register, the forms are still there. Any suggestions around this?
On line 88 of Feul.php, the close </style> tag has no ';
I found a little bug in your script on line 143 and 144.
Replace:
Quote:$sql = "SELECT * FROM ".$this->DB_Table_Name;
foreach ($this->dbh->query($sql) as $row)
With:
Quote:$sql = "SELECT * FROM ".$Feul->DB_Table_Name;
foreach ($Feul->dbh->query($sql) as $row)

Futhermore I'm getting the following problem if I want to send a mail to selected users:
Quote:( ! ) Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 501 5.1.7 Invalid email address in C:\wamp\www\Wajahasia\plugins\user-login\class\Feul.php on line 744
If I search the internet it says that it can be a wrong email address or missing "\r\n" at the end of the line. The strange thing is that the mail will send if I select the "Send to all"-box, but not if I select users by hand.

Maybe you have a clue why it isn't working? Thanks in advance!
How can i protect a component (php script) which i include with the user login code?

I want a check if a user logged in before the user can access the php page.
Hi mikeh,
i think that there is a little bug in: function user_login_register().

line +-724:
Code:
if($addUser == true)
                {

$Feul->checkLogin(true, $_POST['email'], $_POST['password']);

these line i think must to be: $Feul->checkLogin(true, $_POST['username'], $_POST['password']);

Regards.
Hi,

Thank you for devolping such a great plugin! Just wanted to ask how you make users able to logout?

Thanks
A modification is needed to have the good display in backend to editing page :

In user_login.php :
In function user_login_edit() :
replace :
Code:
<div class="leftopt" style="margin-top:20px;">
            <p class="inline">
                <label for="member-only">Members Only:</label>
                <input type="checkbox" value="yes" name="member-only" style="" <?php echo $member_checkbox; ?> />
            </p>
        </div>
by
Code:
            <p class="inline">
                <input type="checkbox" value="yes" name="member-only" style="width:20px;" <?php echo $member_checkbox; ?> />
            </p>
        </div>
        <div class="clear"></div>

And a suggestion :

Make possible to select a specific member to view specific page and not just all members.
The best will be to select all members that can view a specific page.
I don't know if it's possible, but it will be interesting.

Thanks for this plugin Wink
Hi,
I have a question:
I'm migrating from GS3.0/Feul2.5 to GS3.1/Feul3.1 and like for roy_b8te I get the welcome message but the login form is still displayed.
Can anyone help me?
Mike, thanks for your good work.
hmm can you add account active toggling and a default option ?
So we can manually activate accounts after registration.

Also add some kind of hook after registration ( or activation ) so we can send auto emails or perform other actions, like create user directories or components.

Also allow custom fields for users, like nickname, date of birth, other profile related stuff we might want added. send me newsletters, deals, etc.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Hey all,

I am trying to use this plugin with wordpress and when I activate it I get the below message please can you help me!

Quote:Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function register_plugin() in /home3/deangar1/public_html/elvisitservicesco/wp-content/plugins/user_login.php on line 14
this isnt wordpress dude
Thanks for your quick reply!

Can I not use this with wordpress then?

If I can, can you please tell me how to fix the error!

Many thanks
dean_garnham Wrote:Thanks for your quick reply!

Can I not use this with wordpress then?

If I can, can you please tell me how to fix the error!

Many thanks
There is nothing you could do to get this to work with wordpress. It was not written for wordpress.
This website revolves around a completely different CMS (GetSimple).
didou038 Wrote:A modification is needed to have the good display in backend to editing page :

In user_login.php :
In function user_login_edit() :
replace :
Code:
            <p class="inline">
                <input type="checkbox" value="yes" name="member-only" style="" <?php echo $member_checkbox; ?> />
            </p>
        </div>
by
Code:
            <p class="inline">
                <input type="checkbox" value="yes" name="member-only" style="width:20px;" <?php echo $member_checkbox; ?> />
            </p>
        </div>
        <div class="clear"></div>

And a suggestion :

Make possible to select a specific member to view specific page and not just all members.
The best will be to select all members that can view a specific page.
I don't know if it's possible, but it will be interesting.

Thanks for this plugin Wink

Does this fix the checkbox messing up the editor pages and pushing the editor over ?
shawn_a Wrote:Does this fix the checkbox messing up the editor pages and pushing the editor over ?

Yes, it does.

GS Community Edition with php8.x compatibility, new features and much more!  Support Me

steviez Wrote:Just wanted to ask how you make users able to logout?

By adding the
Code:
<?php echo welcome_message_login(); ?>
tag to your template.
After they log in, they will see a greeting as well as a logout link.

GS Community Edition with php8.x compatibility, new features and much more!  Support Me

Please consider moving the text for this plugin to lang files.
It would be very much appreciated.

Has anyone used this to block their entire website ?

I am thinking I will have a hook check for logged in session and redirect to login and then somehow get login to redirect back to the referrer.

Without using page checkboxes at all.

Has anyone figured either of those out.

EDIT:
This is what I am using so far, it seems to be working ok.
probably needs some work, like preserving query strings etc.
Was done using my hook component plugin

Code:
// called from index-pretemplate hook
  GLOBAL $id;
  $login_slug = 'login';
  user_login_check();  
  // not logged in redirect to login form save redirect
  if(empty($_SESSION['LoggedIn']) and $id!=$login_slug) {
      redirect($SITEURL.$login_slug.'?redirect='.$id);
  }
  else if(!empty($_SESSION['LoggedIn'])){
    if(isset($_GET['redirect'])){
      redirect($SITEURL.$_GET['redirect']);    
    }
  }
Ok, I've combed through the wiki and this thread and have had no luck except for modding the
default theme with a login. (not where I need it by a long shot)

What I've been trying to do is either in the CMS, or outside the CMS get the login to work in
its own page.

I've tried the straight php code on page 1, nothing, just errors out. Tried includes w/ php, complains
about line 14 on user_login.php.

Am I missing something? Because I could not even get phpinfo() to give any output on a new page.

Website health check comes up all green (GS 3.1.2, php 5.4.4 etc)...so no output from phpinfo() leaves me to believe something is not right with my method.

HTML editor is off as any php code copied in was made into comments in the "source" mode.

How the heck do i start a new page (or upload one, perhaps) with only the most basic code to get what I see in the sidebar?

Help.
You cannot put code in pages, you have to put it in your template files or a component.
(2012-11-14, 10:21:33)shawn_a Wrote: You cannot put code in pages, you have to put it in your template files or a component.

Bummer, dude.

So, how would I make this a component like the side-bar?

Add component, title "login" and put this code in the dialog box:

<?php if (return_page_slug()=='login') get_component('Front-End User Login'); ?>

So far, I'm six pages in and your post is the only thing that's made sense and is simple and explicit.

I admit I need a walkthru, but now the point is moot if I can't take a page and import them into GetSimple and add components and plugins as needed, nor can I integrate GS and its plugins into those pages/site. Sad

If it was possible to integrate GS/FEULogin into xampp/apache sites (import phplibs, etc) that'd be great, but I've not seen a hint of that.

Dang, stand alone php or .htaccess trickery it is then.

Thanks for the info, though.
Hi,

I have this working great on my development server, but having just uploaded to the main server it is not. ummmm .... I wish to password protect just one page on the site, so using a different template for that site and ticking the 'members only box' in the admin panel. however, when visiting that page the content gets displayed as well as the login boxes (put into the sidebar):

<div id="content" class="span-24 prepend-top append-bottom">
<div class="span-16">
<h1><?php get_page_title(); ?></h1>
<?php get_page_content() ?>
</div>

<div class="span-8 last">
<?php echo welcome_message_login(); echo show_login_box(); ?>
</div>
</div>

I assume this might be because the page content is being called before the sidebar? BUT it works fine on my development server same version of GS being used there) ...

Any ideas??

Cheers
Login Form and register form display at the same time within my ability(lol)

I want to display Login (form) or register form like

Login: name [???] password[???]

or <a href=""> register </a>

Is this easy?
(2012-11-30, 21:04:30)shumphreys Wrote: Hi,

I have this working great on my development server, but having just uploaded to the main server it is not. ummmm .... I wish to password protect just one page on the site, so using a different template for that site and ticking the 'members only box' in the admin panel. however, when visiting that page the content gets displayed as well as the login boxes (put into the sidebar):

<div id="content" class="span-24 prepend-top append-bottom">
<div class="span-16">
<h1><?php get_page_title(); ?></h1>
<?php get_page_content() ?>
</div>

<div class="span-8 last">
<?php echo welcome_message_login(); echo show_login_box(); ?>
</div>
</div>

I assume this might be because the page content is being called before the sidebar? BUT it works fine on my development server same version of GS being used there) ...

Any ideas??

Cheers

Is there anyone using this can give me some pointers to why the same code on my devpt server is not functioning on the production server?
This plugin is pretty limited with regards to what you are doing unless you write your own functions to handle custom form outputting.

Aot of their e problem is the slug is always the slug were you are in a page or a component or get content call.

It's hard to follow exactly what you are trying to do, without a detailed write up of how you plan on engineering it.
I've taken the Plugin and changed it somewhat to met my needs to support enhanced user management for my site. Maybe you will also find it useful. Even if I call this enhanced it is missing the database support because I don't need it. Instead it support additional fields like full name of the user and two groups of users developers and admins. You can change your password if you have forgotten it.

If there is demand I will upload this to extend but first it needs to be tested by someone else. I'm open for suggestions and tips what to do better. But don't ask me to add database support, I won't do it because I want to keep it simple.

front-end-user-login-enhanced.zip