Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Analytics Plugin
I tried this and it did not work. I added manually the code to all pages and it started working instantly.

What is that <?php get_header(); ?> tag about?
(2013-11-05, 03:10:37)plazma Wrote: I tried this and it did not work. I added manually the code to all pages and it started working instantly.

It's a template tag that must (or may) be in the <header> of your template. It is required by some plugins (like this) to insert their code or scripts there.
(2013-11-05, 06:49:44)Carlos Wrote:
(2013-11-05, 03:10:37)plazma Wrote: I tried this and it did not work. I added manually the code to all pages and it started working instantly.

It's a template tag that must (or may) be in the <header> of your template. It is required by some plugins (like this) to insert their code or scripts there.

So I have to place the code:
<header><?php get_header(); ?></header>
into every page?
(2013-11-24, 23:22:57)plazma Wrote: So I have to place the code:
<header><?php get_header(); ?></header>
into every page?

You have to insert <?php get_header(); ?> (or <?php get_header(false); ?> if you don't want the meta canonical tag) in your template, between <head> and </head>, preferably after the <title> tag.
Anyone familiar with 404 tracking with this, I do not seem to see 404s in my google analytics.

I figured it out, It only lets you filter by page title for these, so you have to filter by your page title which does not contain `404` try oops instead.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2015-07-09, 19:52:26)dcistudiosltd Wrote: Hi, I have entered and saved my tracking id correctly, however the markup shows only

<!-- Google Analytics plugin -->
<!-- Admin cookie detected; Google Analytics tracking disabled. -->
and not the complete js code.

Any ideas why?

Thanks

I'd assume that it means that you are logged in as the administrator of GetSimple and it is not displaying the code because usually you don't want to track your own clicks and such when you are working on the site.

TL;DR: You're logged in as admin and therefore it's not displaying the tracking code, try logging out and check again.
Web Developer
Plugins: GS Plugin Installer | Referrer Blocker | Password Protect
(2011-09-07, 01:56:03)filupn Wrote: Here is my first plugin for GetSimple: Google Analytics 0.1. The purpose of this plugin is to provide an easy way to add Google Analytics tracking code to your GetSimple site, without tracking logged in admin users. When an admin cookie is detected, the plugin will remove the tracking code so that site admins will not influence Google Analytics visitor statistics.

How to use: Go to Theme->Google Analytics, and enter your Google Analytics property ID.

This is a relatively simple plugin, but I'm releasing it here for testing before I upload it to extend. Success reports, constructive criticism, and suggestions for improvement are all welcome.

I've tested this plugin on 3.0 and 3.1B r533.  I have not done any testing for compatibility with multi-user plugins.

Todo:
  • Possible integration with multi-user plugins, with options not to track users besides the admin
  • Maybe an option to disable tracking on an admin's machine even when they are no longer logged into GS
  • Add better documentation on how a user can find their site's Google Analytics property ID
  • Integration with the extend API to automatically check for and notify about updates

*** Update: New version available. See the end of this thread. ***

Hi,

I have uploaded the files to the plugin directory and plugin shows up in the installed plugin list, but it will not activate. Did I miss something?

-Nakevia
FYI

Google has renewed its GA code (see below). New rules on GDPR (AVG) will be introduced in May this year. If you do not ask your users consent to use Google Analytics on your site it is advisable to anonymize the IP addresses. Add the following to your GA script ...

, { 'anonymize_ip': true } 

Code:
<!-- Global site tag (gtag.js) - Google Analytics -->
<script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=UA-xxxxxxxx-1"></script>
<script>
  window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || [];
  function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);}
  gtag('js', new Date());
  gtag('config', 'UA-xxxxxxxx-1', {'anonymize_ip': true});
</script>