Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getsimple 3.1 Final call for Issues.
Hi Everyone,

Were on our final push to get 3.1 out the door and were looking for any outstanding or new issues you may have that are not logged in the issue tracker on Google code.

If you have something we may have forgotten please log it on the tracker at:

http://code.google.com/p/get-simple-cms/issues/list

Thanks, Mike...
My Github Repos: Github
FYI: I will update the 3.1 Beta download link tonight with the latest of what's on the SVN.

If anyone has any issues that they are not sure are true "issues", please post about them here first so we can all discuss. Thanks!
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I just posted the latest SVN zip file.
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Hi back!

I will check that version (didn't for a long time), and I will check especially, how CKEditor is integrated
and maybe what gimmicks we could add to that editor-instance ;=)

cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
1)
I still feel problematic with the thumbnail generation of uploaded files. I just can't find out WHEN the thumbs are created.
I uploaded a file, click on "Images" in the dropdown, nothing happens, I have to click on the "File-"rider in order to get the thumb shown, or to leave the "file"-management and come back
that doesn't seem logic to me

2)
I will check the language file so that there will be a german version at hand when you release

3)
why not have a installation- and "first steps"-list in the readme.txt?

I suggest to hint to these settings in the gsconfig.php as well:

a) # Set email from address
#define('GSFROMEMAIL', 'noreply@get-simple.info');

b) # Set PHP locale
# http://php.net/manual/en/function.setlocale.php
setlocale(LC_ALL, 'de_DE');

and is this setting still necessary?
# Data saving method. Default is XML
#define('GSSTORAGE', 'xml');

in my eyes it is only causing misunderstandings

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
The header of lang file should be updated
Code:
/**
* English Language File
* Date:                16 Oct 2010
* Revision:        Feb 2011
* Version:            GetSimple 3.0
* Traductors:     Chris Cagle
* @package GetSimple
* @subpackage Language
*/
|--

Sorry, but I am just testing and writing down my points.

Is it necessary to insist on "CHMOD 777" for data and backups? We had a lot of trouble with DEBIAN in the last time and 755 should be sufficient, but the lang-file still demands 777
|--

I still think that the meaning of 2 strings in the language files is mixed:

Quote:"TOTAL_PAGES" => "total pages",
"ALL_PAGES" => "Pages",

with this, I get the output:

"21 total pages" which makes no sense for me, in the german language file (see attached), I turned it to

Quote:"TOTAL_PAGES" => "pages",
"ALL_PAGES" => "All Pages",

The ZIP contains the german language file for GS, a language file for CKEditor is not needed
|--

Connie... thanks for all this! My responses...

Connie Wrote:3)
There is already a link to the installation guide. I feel that we should update that wiki page if there are more "first steps", and not the readme file. I dont want to have to maintain two versions. The replyemail isn't necessary at all to set...

Connie Wrote:Is it necessary to insist on "CHMOD 777" for data and backups? We had a lot of trouble with DEBIAN in the last time and 755 should be sufficient, but the lang-file still demands 777
I updated the text to say 755 or 777. You are right...

Connie Wrote:The header of lang file should be updated
Done! great catch...

Connie Wrote:"21 total pages" which makes no sense for me
It says "total" because the pages can be filtered and I didn't want anyone to mistake that number for the number of "filtered pages" because it's the total number...

Connie Wrote:I still feel problematic with the thumbnail generation of uploaded files. I just can't find out WHEN the thumbs are created.
I uploaded a file, click on "Images" in the dropdown, nothing happens, I have to click on the "File-"rider in order to get the thumb shown, or to leave the "file"-management and come back
Not following... can you explain more? (just to be clear, I really hate the current image handling procedure too)
- Chris

FYI: I updated the latest beta download again...
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:
Connie Wrote:3)
There is already a link to the installation guide. I feel that we should update that wiki page if there are more "first steps", and not the readme file. I dont want to have to maintain two versions. The replyemail isn't necessary at all to set...
ok, so we should update that, maybe: installation steps GS 3.0 and installation steps: GS 3.1?
Until GS 3.1 is so common that nobody will install GS 3.0 anymore..

ccagle8 Wrote:
Connie Wrote:"21 total pages" which makes no sense for me
It says "total" because the pages can be filtered and I didn't want anyone to mistake that number for the number of "filtered pages" because it's the total number...
Ok, so I will correct the german language file in that way, too

ccagle8 Wrote:
Connie Wrote:I still feel problematic with the thumbnail generation of uploaded files. I just can't find out WHEN the thumbs are created.
Not following... can you explain more? (just to be clear, I really hate the current image handling procedure too)

OK:
I upload an image with the uploader
=> I see the list of files
=> I switch from "SHow all" to "images"
=> now I see only the list of image files, but no thumbnails
=> I move to the "Pages" rider
=> I move back to the "Files" rider
=> I switch from "Show All" to "images" => Boing! Now I see the thumbnails

this made me ponder about the creation of thumbs, in my opinion it is irritating, one step too much

I added the corrected german language file

PS: I miss Google+ in "share" for the footer ;=)
|--

Connie Wrote:PS: I miss Google+ in "share" for the footer ;=)
Im seeing google + there... you dont?
- Chris

I see it like this from the admin area:

[Image: share.jpg]

It's on a local webserver, version from this morning (not your latest svn version, the one before)
|--

I'm seeing , Facebook, G+, Twitter & linkedIn

Mike.
funny, I'm only in G+ and see only FB and twitter, will test tomorrow with a test on a host, not local
|--

It would be great to offer multi-level navigation capability to the menu organizer!
This way a plugin would not be needed.

Also, I have a hints & Tips plugin I use for the majority of my clients that could be a plugin in extend if one simple plugin hook was available.

I named the hook 'header-body' and launched it right after the header wrapper.. that way I can place absolute positioned content in various places throughout the CMS. A screenshot is below.

Code:
<body <?php filename_id(); ?> >    
    <div class="header">
    <div class="wrapper">        
    <?php exec_action('header-body'); ?>

[Image: hints_tips.jpg]
Added that hook for you mike.

WOuld love to see that plugin, looks great....

Were working on the multi level menu manager
n00dles101 Wrote:Added that hook for you mike.

WOuld love to see that plugin, looks great....

Thanks, I will add it to extend asap.

EDIT:
Also n00doles101, please take a look at the following thread:
http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/2983/...gin-hooks/

If those hooks are not suppose to work the way I think they are, could there be some functionality allowing that.. For my multiuser plugin and some other plugins of mine, the settings page form overwrites the permissions, thus creating a big problem for users.
@Mike, already saw that and updated the SVN, they were missing and they do work the way you expected them to.
some ponderings on gsconfig.php:

1)
please keep the constants for SALT together:

Code:
/*****************************************************************************/
/** Below are constants that you can use to customize how GetSimple operates */

# Extra salt to secure your password with. Default is empty for backwards compatibility.
#define('GSLOGINSALT', 'your_unique_phrase');

# Turn off auto-generation of SALT and use a custom value. Used for cookies & upload security.
#define('GSUSECUSTOMSALT', 'your_new_salt_value_here');

now these settings are at two different positions, that makes it difficult

2)

Code:
# Turn off CSRF protection. Not reccomended
#define('GSNOCSRF', TRUE);

I would suggest a better text, as this Turnoff is highly recommended when you run into these problems where nobody has an explanation...
CSRF happens so often at my DEBIAN installations, and I will use this settings for sure

why not:
Code:
# Turn off CSRF protection. Use it in case you receive the error message "CSRF error detected..."

4)
Code:
# Set override CHMOD mode
#define('GSCHMOD', 0777);

please set to
Code:
#define('GSCHMOD', 0755);

if set is not enough for some really rare environments, users can set it to 0777, but sufficient
is 0755

5)
# Data saving method. Default is XML
#define('GSSTORAGE', 'xml');
this constant is not used anywhere, so take it off please

Cheers, Connie
|--

love it Connie... pushing these to the SVN now...
- Chris

latest SVN zip file updated...
- Chris

"Save & close" text (edit.php) is not included in language file for translation.
Thanks Joshas, fixed.
I feel like we are getting close. Have any plugin developers successfully tested their plugins? Which ones have we verified working? I would love to be able to test all the popular ones... News Manager, p01-Contact, all I18N plugins, MikeH's plugins...

Can people post here when they verify some of these are working OK in 3.1B? Thanks!
- Chris