Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sidebar Customization per Page (Wanted)
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to edit a sidebar for per-page results. I'd like each page to have a second, unique area in the sidebar, in addition to components/modules. It'd be great if that sidebar could be edited with the page or on a separate tab. Does anybody have anything in this regard?

I've scoured the plugins and this forum, but I'll keep searching. I may have to code it myself, which could get super messy...

Thanks!
benrusso Wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to edit a sidebar for per-page results. I'd like each page to have a second, unique area in the sidebar, in addition to components/modules. It'd be great if that sidebar could be edited with the page or on a separate tab. Does anybody have anything in this regard?

I've scoured the plugins and this forum, but I'll keep searching. I may have to code it myself, which could get super messy...

Thanks!

Install I18N Custom Fields, create a new custom field sidebar of type WYSIWYG field in Plugins/Configure Custom Fields and add get_custom_field('sidebar') to your template or sidebar component.
You can then edit the sidebar content on the Edit Page view.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Thank you, mvlcek! This is exactly what I was looking for, but much better. I guess I was just looking for the wrong wording.

I'm already using some of your I18N plugins. They're all extremely helpful. Thanks for releasing all of them for us to use.
(2012-01-26, 04:58:03)mvlcek Wrote:
benrusso Wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to edit a sidebar for per-page results.  I'd like each page to have a second, unique area in the sidebar, in addition to components/modules.  It'd be great if that sidebar could be edited with the page or on a separate tab.  Does anybody have anything in this regard?

I've scoured the plugins and this forum, but I'll keep searching.  I may have to code it myself, which could get super messy...

Thanks!

Install I18N Custom Fields, create a new custom field sidebar of type WYSIWYG field in Plugins/Configure Custom Fields and add get_custom_field('sidebar') to your template or sidebar component.
You can then edit the sidebar content on the Edit Page view.
...ok, I have installed the I18N..., created WYSIWYG field "sidebar", inserted "get_custom_field('sidebar') " to the template,.... and now what???
It displays nothing on my web page !!!
where can I edit contents of "new custom field"??