Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attention all developers and forum users
Attention developers,
It has come to my attention that we have had some developers using other developers threads within our forum to promote their own plugins. Based upon a  discussion between our moderators we have decided that this is not allowed, nor is it proper forum manners. If we see these types of posts, the poster will be notified and the post will be deleted or modified.

When developers are discussing their plugin and a fellow developer jumps in and says he will already be implementing such in such feature in his plugin, this discourages the developer and may prevent any feature progress on his plugin.

We encourage all developers to not feel intimidated by fellow developers, the more variety in plugins we have available the more options our users have. As a forum user if you feel a forum post is not appropriate or polite, feel free to report that post directly to a moderator or by the report button provided with each individual post.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to comment below or email me directly at matt@get-simple.info.

Thank you,
Matthew & the GetSimple team
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
I think this is a good policy, except that there may be times when one developer posts about his own plugin in another plugin's thread in way that actually is helpful and constructive to the conversation at hand. If my plugin does the same thing as another developer's plugin, am I allowed to post "My plugin does that too, but in a different way; you might want to try both and see which one works best for your needs?"

I do agree that "My plugin is going to do this in the future, so don't make your own plugin that does this" is not constructive and does not encourage developers continue their own plugin development. A little competition between competing plugins makes for higher-quality solutions which is a good thing for GetSimple users and the community. If there's no competition, there's no incentive to make your plugin better.
Thank you for your response,
This will have to be left up to our moderators. Your welcome to post thing like you described, just don't degrade the current developer. It's always better to encourage!

Thanks,
Matthew
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!