Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I18N Special Pages
Great Plugin!

I just tested this on my everlasting quest to realize accurate and flexible design in a lightweight CMS.
(Homepages with individually styled "sections/rows", some content in 2 column-layout etc.)

My question:
Is it possible to add a CSS class or id to the backend item "Create New Special Page" navigation.
(Similar to the i18n functions: <li id="sb_i18n_base" class="plugin_sb"> )

The idea is to hide this function for non-Admins in some projects - quick and dirty with a primitive "display: none" in backend-CSS or similar.
(In my experience it's necessary to prevent clients from adding "creative ideas" to a site - it was always a desaster when I allowed them to do it.)

I searched within the plugin php-files but didn't find the position to add a class, a hint would be very appreciated!

Thanks and best regards!
hi there. For some reason, the pic browser doesn't display new uploaded images anymore.
older ones still work. does anyone an idea to solve the problem ?

https://www.sc-ing.de/cms/plugins/i18n_s...wp_400.jpg

https://www.sc-ing.de/cms/data/uploads/p...wp_400.jpg

thanx for support. christian
Hello.
In the doc it says 
Quote:
  • define directly, how the page should be displayed, instead of using a template

• customize, how the page shall be displayed as search result

As of search result its really easy to customize. I go to Plugins, Configure special pages, choose my type and on Edit Special Page Type page there is a tab Search there is a textarea field for my custom php, plus there is an example of the default code so its all very easy here.

But when it comes to page view edit, I am stuck. I believe there is View tab for this on thesame settings page. There I have 2 fields: header and content. But no examples here!
When I put something to header it adds it to header, adds, but not replaces. Ok, I dont need header, I just want to edit page content.
So when I put anything to the content field, nothing happens! Yes, I see there are languages, I put in all of them. I even tried to put whole default template code there and finally gotten some result, but strange to the bone: all it did is took page title and put it under meta description and the rest was untouched.
Totally wierd.
Would be very glad to get any hints on how can I customize special page view without creating custom template.
Thanks
Try to watch this topic. It uses this plugin. Perhaps she will help you understand how to work with him.
http://get-simple.info/extend/theme/christmas/880/
Guys, is it possible to put <?php get_special_field('MYFIELD'); ?> to another PHP section?

I need that for this code:

<?php
if(isset($_POST["MYFIELD"])){
$fot = fopen("com4", "r+");
sleep(1);
fwrite($fot, A);
fwrite($fot, MYFIELD);
fwrite($fot, 'B');
fwrite($fot, '23');
fwrite($fot, 'C');
}
?>

Or at least how can I set <?php get_special_field('MYFIELD'); ?> as $MYFILED?
Can someone help? php 7.2
Code:
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in W:\domains\...\plugins\i18n_specialpages.php on line 143
Dirty Fix, for non countable objects 
Code:
count((array) $data)
line 143
Code:
if (count($fields) > 0) foreach ($fields as $field) {
Code:
if (count((array)$fields) > 0) foreach ($fields as $field) {
Thanks, it helped.
what is the correct way to display content of the "WYSIWYG Editor" custom field in Special Pages?
I tried:
Code:
<?php get_special_field('description','',false); ?>
But I get html code displayed in quotes:
Code:
"
<p><strong>Type:</strong> something</p>

<p><strong>Used for:</strong></p>

<ul>
    <li>asdf</li>
    <li>asdfsda</li>
</ul>

</p>
"
replace false with true
(2019-10-10, 16:47:19)Oleg06 Wrote: replace false with true

Vsyo genialnoe - prosto! Spasibo bolshoe! ))
Some weird behavior occured: when a new special page is added it gets saved in the root list of pages, although in the settings I have specified the parent page for it. But when I go to Plugins -> Special Pages -> select my special page settings and save (even without editing any setting), the newly created page appears in the parent page as required. This is irritating a bit.. What could be the solution? Using latest GS and SP plugin. Thank you!
Perhaps you have sorted pages by title.
https://prnt.sc/t7if8o
I would like to use a Special Page Type custom "text field" as a field for multiple tags. For now when INDEX is set "as tag", plugin will treat any value there as a single tag. How would I modify it to detect commas like the "tags & keywords" field and see these values as multiple tags instead of single one?
Glowczynski.pl - webmaster, graphic designer, translator.
For any job offers contact me via artur@glowczynski.pl.
Awesome plugin!
Suggestion: for the special page "blog", adding a date field.
Would be great Smile
You can display the date of the blog entry creation in the special page configuration in View - HTML/PHP code for the display of a page, e.g.:
Code:
<div><?php get_special_field_date('creDate', $dateFormat); ?></div>
<div><?php get_special_field('content'); ?></div>
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
(2023-01-20, 08:16:00)Artur Wrote: I would like to use a Special Page Type custom "text field" as a field for multiple tags. For now when INDEX is set "as tag", plugin will treat any value there as a single tag. How would I modify it to detect commas like the "tags & keywords" field and see these values as multiple tags instead of single one?

Special Pages version 1.4.0
  • supports indexing a field as multiple tags separated by commas
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Hi mvlcek,
Thanks for your stepping in on this issue and a personal thank you
for all your contributed professional plugins for the GS cms
Regards Felix
(2023-01-21, 06:43:38)mvlcek Wrote: Special Pages version 1.4.0
  • supports indexing a field as multiple tags separated by commas
Thank you for the update. Very happy to see you still maintaining GetSimple addons.
Glowczynski.pl - webmaster, graphic designer, translator.
For any job offers contact me via artur@glowczynski.pl.
(2023-01-21, 05:12:17)mvlcek Wrote: You can display the date of the blog entry creation in the special page configuration in View - HTML/PHP code for the display of a page, e.g.:
Code:
<div><?php get_special_field_date('creDate', $dateFormat); ?></div>
<div><?php get_special_field('content'); ?></div>

Hi @mvlcek,

Thanks for your fast answer.
I mean, of there is a date field, so i can planned when the blogpost, is showing in the future.
My blog, https://gewoonsimpel.be/ is build in Bludit, but  doing research if GS is not a better solution. 
I know about the great plugin News Manager, it's an awesome plugin, but missed some options (categories, single Page navigation).
If i can implement all the options i'm used now on my Bludit-blog in GS, then i will GS a try.

Missing things are:
- categories
- single Page navigation (prev+title and next+title)
- tags
- flatfile comments (no external comments service)

Is there a possibility loop through the Special Pages, so can show exerpts on the homepage?

(Sorry for my poor English)
(2023-01-21, 09:31:00)tuxy Wrote: I mean, of there is a date field, so i can planned when the blogpost, is showing in the future.
My blog, https://gewoonsimpel.be/ is build in Bludit, but  doing research if GS is not a better solution. 
I know about the great plugin News Manager, it's an awesome plugin, but missed some options (categories, single Page navigation).
If i can implement all the options i'm used now on my Bludit-blog in GS, then i will GS a try.

Missing things are:
- categories
- tags

Is there a possibility loop through the Special Pages, so can show exerpts on the homepage?
  • Date to delay posting: currently not supported, would be an interesting feature and not too hard to implement in special pages.
  • Categories: just use tags and display the posts based on the search result of i18n-search
  • Single page navigation:  should be possible using a bit of code in a component, also based on i18n-search
  • Tags: standard feature
  • Flatfile comments: there is a pages & comments plugin, but I don't know how/where it stores the comments. It seems to integrate with the frontend-user plugin.
For details of the special pages and my other plugins see http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/get-simple/i18nspecialpages.
(2023-01-21, 20:21:13)mvlcek Wrote:
(2023-01-21, 09:31:00)tuxy Wrote: I mean, of there is a date field, so i can planned when the blogpost, is showing in the future.

Missing things are:
- categories
- tags

• Date to delay posting: currently not supported, would be an interesting feature and not too hard to implement in special pages.
  • Categories: just use tags and display the posts based on the search result of i18n-search
  • Single page navigation:  should be possible using a bit of code in a component, also based on i18n-search
  • Tags: standard feature
  • Flatfile comments: there is a pages & comments plugin, but I don't know how/where it stores the comments. It seems to integrate with the frontend-user plugin.
For details of the special pages and my other plugins see http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/get-simple/i18nspecialpages.

Thanks a lot for all this info, it have me some idea's and inspiration.
I18N Special Pages 1.4.1:
  • compatible with php8