Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Plugin Toolkit.
This plugin is a small collection of tools to aid in plugin creation.

[You can find the plugin here]
It is important no note that other plugins can only use your functions after the common hook is called signifying all plugins are loaded.

otherwise they have to explicitly check that your functions exists and manually include a file.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Yeah agreed. Added a little note to the plugin blurb. Smile
I still havent tried this out, looks nice, I have been meaning to make myself a toolkit to whip up addons really quick.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2012-11-26, 04:45:16)shawn_a Wrote: I still havent tried this out, looks nice, I have been meaning to make myself a toolkit to whip up addons really quick.

Go for it, and by all means give me some harsh critique.

Would be nice getting some valuable info from someone that is a programmer by trade. Wink
Found a conflict with this plugin and "p01-contact".

It took a while to narrow it down what was going on here, but finally discovered that it doesnt like "<?php echo $p01contact->parse('(% contact %)'); ?>" that is being used to call the form.

When I try to edit this page, it brings me directly to a broken front-end view with this message: ||#search-items#||{"insert_page_content":[]}||#search-items#||

GS Community Edition with php8.x compatibility, new features and much more!  Support Me

(2012-12-03, 20:40:55)islander Wrote: Found a conflict with this plugin and "p01-contact".

It took a while to narrow it down what was going on here, but finally discovered that it doesnt like "<?php echo $p01contact->parse('(% contact %)'); ?>" that is being used to call the form.

When I try to edit this page, it brings me directly to a broken front-end view with this message: ||#search-items#||{"insert_page_content":[]}||#search-items#||

Hmm... I'll have a look. Smile

Ok quick edit. Still looking into what is causing this, but I have found something that appears wrong with the p01-contact plugin. Seems it's looking for email data that has been moved to a new location for version 3.1 of GS. A temporary bandaid fix for this is the following:

In the file "p01-contact_gs.php" right down at the bottom is this code:

Code:
function admin_email()
{
    $data = getXML(GSDATAOTHERPATH . 'user.xml');
    return $data->EMAIL;
}

if you delete the line beginning with $data and replace $data->EMAIL with your email in quotes it should fix this. Example:

Code:
function admin_email()
{
    return "my_email_address@provider.com";
}

I'll keep checking to see if I can find the problem you're having, but just thought I should point this out. Smile

I might need some more of your code to find the problem. So far the only times I've had an issue like what you describe, is when a function tries to call something that doesn't exist. It may be that the plugin hasn't automatically included a required file.
Ah hah. Ok fixed the problem. Needed to make a carbon copy of globals for plugins that assume them in the template.

1.3!
I've come across a couple of problems with this and other plugins.
Items Manager Plugin - if this is enabled I get the following error:
Cannot redeclare return_page_slug() (previously declared in /plugins/imanager/class/im.model.class.php:994) in /admin/inc/theme_functions.php on line 667

Calendar Plugin
If a page is marked as a calendar then it seems to display the calendar in all tab sections. ie I have a Main and a Sidebar tabs, the page is marked as a Calendar page and the calendar shows up in both the Main body and then again in the sidebar.

GS 3.2.3
(2013-11-14, 10:06:39)thisnthat Wrote: I've come across a couple of problems with this and other plugins.
Items Manager Plugin - if this is enabled I get the following error:
Cannot redeclare return_page_slug() (previously declared in /plugins/imanager/class/im.model.class.php:994) in /admin/inc/theme_functions.php on line 667

Calendar Plugin
If a page is marked as a calendar then it seems to display the calendar in all tab sections. ie I have a Main and a Sidebar tabs, the page is marked as a Calendar page and the calendar shows up in both the Main body and then again in the sidebar.

GS 3.2.3

Hmm that is a pain. Which other plugins have given that redeclare error? I'll look into it. Though might end up being a problem with Items manager.

I'm guessing the Calendar plugin alters the content of the page right before it's displayed. I'll look into it. Smile
Thanks, I've posted on the items manager thread also in case someone there can shed some light.
(2013-11-14, 16:23:07)thisnthat Wrote: Thanks, I've posted on the items manager thread also in case someone there can shed some light.

Oh yes before I forget. Have you tried putting "false" in the template?

http://simpleinputtabs.internetimagery.com/index.html

If you scroll down under "additional functionality" there is an option built in (that I totally forgot about, haha) that might work. The plugin toggle should in theory ensure no other plugins can mess with the content of that tab.

Let me know if it helps! Otherwise I'll get digging to find out what is causing the issues. Smile
From the Item Manager thread I was pointed to Github to get the current version, that seems to have fixed it. They only have an outdated version in the GetSimple Extend catalog - I'm sure there's a reason why they choose to do this, but it's an added complication for us users.
(2013-11-15, 09:35:53)thisnthat Wrote: From the Item Manager thread I was pointed to Github to get the current version, that seems to have fixed it. They only have an outdated version in the GetSimple Extend catalog - I'm sure there's a reason why they choose to do this, but it's an added complication for us users.

Yeah that is a bit odd...

But excellent news! Glad it's working, and thanks for letting me know! Smile