Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
News Manager (updated)
I can see on Oleg's site now.
The only thing that could be better about it is to actually show the prev/next page "<" and ">" symbols even though there isn't any next page. Just give it a special class like "disabled" so people can style it into a grey colour or simply hide it with display: none. Or, maybe, there could be an extra settings that would allow/disallow this feature.
Tomáš Janeček - Multilingual personal website powered by GetSimple
» The little I did for GetSimple
@Oleg06 Thanks for testing, as always.

@TeeJay I'll add a setting to enable showing always prev/next (I don't like that as default)
I just added support for a new custom setting navPrevNext to the development version:

navPrevNext 0 to disable Previous/Next page links (numbered navigation only)

navPrevNext a (or "navPrevNext always") to make both always visible, even in first and last page (with class "disabled" and no link)

If anyone wants to test this, overwrite beta 23's inc/site.php file with:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cnb/Ne...c/site.php
Simply great, thank you.
Yes, it works Smile
News Manager version 3.0 released - Download (Extend)

BIG THANKS (for contributing / suggesting / testing / translating / ...) TO:
blazejs, bokor.pavol, Connie, D.O., emanwebdev, GBP61, Kiriakos, m[e]s, mvlcek, roog, shawn_a, Oleg06, szrudi, TeeJay
(sorry if I forgot anyone)

News Manager 2.x users, see upgrade notes

What's new in 3.0:
See List of changes, new features and options
See documentation for new settings and advanced options
Thanks for the hard work, Carlos, and I congratulate you and all the users with the release of this wonderful plugin!!! Smile
Amazing Smile

So I finally updated from beta 16, used most of the new features and it's all great.

I'm just having issues with pagination on tag pages. Where do I set how many posts to show per page (on the tag page view)? I tried enabling tagpagination d and also tagpagination f, but in both cases, I got all my posts with the selected tag listed so there was no pagination needed. But I want to show less posts per page, how do I do that?

In my administration, I have set 6 posts per page but still, all 10 in listed on the tag page without any pagination. I guess the administration settings does not apply for tag pages not even with tagpagination on.

Sorry if you mentioned this in some of your previous posts already. Thanks in advance.
@TeeJay

With tag pagination enabled, tag pages use the same number of posts per page as the main news page ("Number of posts on News Page" in settings)

I imagine that you're having this issue because you're using another GS page (instead of the newspage) and nm_show_tag. This function shows all posts with a given tag. In 3.0 there's a new internal function nm_show_tag_page for paginated tag pages. Just replacing it should work, however you'll still have another issue: the page navigation will link to the standard tag pages (newspage).
Hello,

hopefully this is the right place to ask. I want to add an input-field, which should indicate the language, the article is written in, in the backend post options. Therefore I added the following code to the edit_post.php:

Code:
<label for="post-lang"><?php i18n('news_manager/POST_SLUG'); ?>:</label>
<input class="text short" id="post-lang" name="post-lang" type="text" value="<?php echo $lang; ?>" />

Additionally I added
Code:
$posts[$time]['lang'] = strval($data->lang);
to the nm_get_cache_data function in the cache.php

and
Code:
$elem = $item->addChild('lang');
$elem->addCData($post['lang']);
to the nm_cache_to_xml function in the cache.php.

When I am trying to set the data in the post options it shows me the error:
Quote:Undefined variable: lang
and more. Where are the variables defined? I couldnt find such a file. How could I change it to work well?

background: If the variable $lang is set to 'en' for example i am setting the tags to 'en' and only show posts with the 'en' tag on my site.
I suppose you'd also have to use your variable in functions nm_edit_post and nm_save_post (inc/posts.php)

Something similar might be accomplished without patching the plugin, by using hidden tags like _fr, _de, ... (prefixed with underscore, since NM 3.0)

Anyway, IMHO currently the best solution for multiple languages or several (simple) blog/news instances in GS is using I18N Search (with custom rendering) and/or I18N Special Pages.
is it possible to display the date in this code?
Code:
<?php nm_custom_display_recent('
   <div class="my_recent_post">
      <h4><a href="{{ post_link }}">{{ post_title }}</a></h4>
      <div class="my_image">{{ post_image }}</div>
      <span class="my_excerpt">{{ post_excerpt }}</span>
   </div>
'); ?>
(2014-06-29, 07:59:38)Oleg06 Wrote: is it possible to display the date in this code?

Yes. I'll reply in the support thread for the News Manager Addons plugin.
( http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...1#pid46311 )
Hi.

I'd like to manually add Disqus to News Manager (updated). Where should I put the Disqus Universal code so that it displays the comment form only on the individual post (not on the posts page, where everu post is listed)? In which file should I put the code?

I've been adding the Disqus code manually to every new post, I there should be a place to put the code so that it displays automatically on every post page.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Profesor de guitarra en Angel's Guitar
Hello angelsguitar,
you have to create a layout block (component) and load it in News Manager settings for single posts only. Here is some information about it.

Practical example - in your administration, go to template (or theme), choose Edit blocks and create a new one called "disqus". Paste your disqus code there and don't forget to save it. Then go to the News Manager settings and in the "custom settings" textarea, write down
Code:
single componentbottompost disqus
and it will appear on every single post (just the individual posts) in the bottom part.

I do it the same way for social buttons on my website Smile
(2014-07-08, 16:00:49)TeeJay Wrote: Hello angelsguitar,
you have to create a layout block (component) and load it in News Manager settings for single posts only. Here is some information about it.

Practical example - in your administration, go to template (or theme), choose Edit blocks and create a new one called "disqus". Paste your disqus code there and don't forget to save it. Then go to the News Manager settings and in the "custom settings" textarea, write down
Code:
single componentbottompost disqus
and it will appear on every single post (just the individual posts) in the bottom part.

I do it the same way for social buttons on my website Smile

Thank you very much for the information.

I actually had created a Disqus component previously and tried to load it with the
Code:
componentbottompost
option. However, it didn't work as I expected because I was missing the
Code:
single
option. Now it works perfectly.

Thanks again.
Hi. I'm back! Big Grin

I'm trying to configure the post images on one of my sites, but ran into a little problem. When I click on the "Select File" button on the Edit post page, I get a popup window that says "Oops! Page not found! We are sorry, but the page you are looking for does not exist.".

I already specified the image directory on the gsconfig.php file, and manually created the directory in the "uploads" folder.

Maybe I'm missing something, or doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Make sure you have uploaded the full contents of the plugin zipfile. Inside plugins/news_manager you should have a browser folder with 3 files (.htaccess, filebrowser.php and pic.php)
(2014-07-14, 04:42:29)Carlos Wrote: Make sure you have uploaded the full contents of the plugin zipfile. Inside plugins/news_manager you should have a browser folder with 3 files (.htaccess, filebrowser.php and pic.php)

Thanks Carlos. The .htaccess from the news_manager folder was missing. Seems that the configuration files were hidden when I transfered the files by FTP and it didn't get coppied. Transfering all the plugin's files again (this time including the hidden configuration files) solved the problem.

Thank you very much for pointing that out. BTW, this is a really nice and useful plugin!
(replying to http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...6#pid46596 )
(2014-07-15, 17:37:02)ak40u Wrote: Hi. When I open a news list page, some random pictures are in error 500.
What can I do?
[Image: a3f3074bfb1868d9855f8ec436f53e3b3165aee4.jpg]

I have stock news manager v3.

Probably an "out of memory" error. Your host may have a RAM usage limit and some of your images might be too big to be processed.
How can I set displaying my username at posts? I have that function working at script, also I set my username in Settings of GetSimple but still I can't see "Author: XYZ" in my posts.
Glowczynski.pl - webmaster, graphic designer, translator.
For any job offers contact me via artur@glowczynski.pl.
(2014-07-18, 18:10:47)Artur Wrote: How can I set displaying my username at posts? I have that function working at script, also I set my username in Settings of GetSimple but still I can't see "Author: XYZ" in my posts.

Enable Custom settings and enter:
Code:
showAuthor 1

If you had entered posts before inserting the gsconfig setting to enable authors, they will not have an author. So either edit and save them again, or define a default author in Custom settings:
Code:
defaultAuthor your-user-name
(reply to http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...7#pid46657 )
(2014-07-19, 00:03:42)c0mp0ser Wrote: Hello! News Manager is cool! Huge thanks for this excellent plugin! I have a problem. I want to use one layout of a template for the news list and different one for a single post. How to do that? My website is based on "Elegance" template. This is the demo page for Elegance with all three layouts shown. Sorry for my english. Blush

You can enable Custom Settings and enter:
Code:
single templateFile temp-post.php
(change temp-post.php by your template's file name)
@Carlos - thanks, man. I thought that this field is for CSS settings.
Glowczynski.pl - webmaster, graphic designer, translator.
For any job offers contact me via artur@glowczynski.pl.
(2014-07-19, 00:25:17)Carlos Wrote: (reply to http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...7#pid46657 )
(2014-07-19, 00:03:42)c0mp0ser Wrote: Hello! News Manager is cool! Huge thanks for this excellent plugin! I have a problem. I want to use one layout of a template for the news list and different one for a single post. How to do that? My website is based on "Elegance" template. This is the demo page for Elegance with all three layouts shown. Sorry for my english. Blush

You can enable Custom Settings and enter:
Code:
single templateFile temp-post.php
(change temp-post.php by your template's file name)

Hi Carlos, is there a way/function to get post_content and/or post_date and use it in my own post template? Something like nm_post_content, nm_post_date?