Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
News Manager (updated)
Hi,

Try to find out if it is posible to use the News manager with the Responsive FileManager instead off the
standard Ckeditor filebrowser

Maybe in the file news_manager/template/ckeditor.php

filebrowserBrowseUrl ......?
I don't know how that plugin works - I'll check it when I have some time.
Good afternoon. I am newbie. Do not tell me how to make each piece of news output to a frame between the frames and the news was the distance?
(2015-10-14, 18:18:29)vitaliyyakovlev Wrote: Good afternoon. I am newbie. Do not tell me how to make each piece of news output to a frame between the frames and the news was the distance?

Hi Vitaliy and welcome to GetSimple. You will need a better translation of your question. I don't understand it as it is. You can post in your own language if you wish.

Tim w 
(2015-10-14, 22:13:40)Timbow Wrote:
(2015-10-14, 18:18:29)vitaliyyakovlev Wrote: Good afternoon. I am newbie. Do not tell me how to make each piece of news output to a frame between the frames and the news was the distance?

Hi Vitaliy and welcome to GetSimple. You will need a better translation of your question. I don't understand it as it is. You can post in your own language if you wish.

Tim w 

Добрый день. Я новичок. Не подскажите, как сделать, чтобы каждая новость выводилась в рамке и между рамками новостей было расстояние?
I explained to him how to do it on his own language.
http://getsimplecms.ru/plaginy-dlya-gets...2300045238
Hi Carlos,

I have a question. I was able to get the tabs working to switch out the news posts (by tag). Is there a way to just show a certain number of them. I know I'm not using the regular code to show the news page.

Here is what i have. Basically is 3 buttons to filter out the posts by tag. I'm using a bit of JS to show and hide them. At the moment tags like 'Sales' shows all of the post by that tag. Can I limit the number what gets shown or since I'm using a custom snippet here it may not work?

PHP Code:
<ul class="links">

<li class=""><class="sales-btn link" href="#">Sales</a></li>
      <li class=""><class="marketing-btn link" href="#">Marketing</a></li>
      <li class=""><class="public-r-btn link" href="#">Public Relations</a></li>
</
ul>

<?
php 

if (nm_is_home()) {

echo 
'<div class="section pr">';

echo '<h2>Public Relations Insights</h2>';

nm_show_tag('public-relations');
        echo 
'</div>';
        echo 
'<div class="section m">';
        echo 
'<h2>Marketing Insights</h2>';

nm_show_tag('marketing');
        echo 
'</div>';
        echo 
'<div class="section s">';
        echo 
'<h2>Sales Insights</h2>';

nm_show_tag('sales');
        echo 
'</div>';    
    } else {

get_page_content(); 

?>
(2015-09-09, 00:36:43)thangnaodo Wrote:
(2015-09-08, 22:55:38)thangnaodo Wrote: @Carlos:
Thanks for your wonderful plugin, it provides us a blog/news publishing ability from GetSimple CMS.

One question is: I would like to create new custom page (can be an external PHP file or New page feature in AdminCP), for example:
- page1: will display all news/posts having tag "page1"
- pagex: will display all news/posts having tag "pagex"

How to invoke the source code to do so?

Regards,
Tim

Update: I did some tricky lines as below, works like a charm now Big Grin Cool

Step 1: Install this: http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/new...ddons/835/ from the same author.

Step 2: Add following code to external page and add as page template via AdminCP

Code:
<!-- latest posts with tag "yourtaghere" -->

<?php nm_custom_display_recent('
                    <div class="my_recent_{{ post_number }}">
                    <h4><a href="{{ post_link }}">{{ post_title }}</a></h4>
                    <div class="nm_post_image">
                        <a href="{{ post_link }}">{{ post_image }}</a>
                    </div>

<div class="nm_post_content">
                        {{ post_excerpt }}
                    </div>
                    </div>','yourtaghere');
                ?>
        <!-- End posts having tags yourtaghere -->

Rolleyes 

Hmmm....this looks like a better to do this than what i did. i'll have to give it a go. thanks!
With NM Addons you can limit the number of posts shown by its display functions, by inserting this before:
Code:
<?php nm_set_custom_maxposts(3); ?>

Anyway, I have in my to-do list adding an option like this to NM (that could be used with nm_show_tag)
(2015-10-16, 03:17:20)Carlos Wrote: With NM Addons you can limit the number of posts shown by its display functions, by inserting this before:

Code:
<?php nm_set_custom_maxposts(3); ?>

Anyway, I have in my to-do list adding an option like this to NM (that could be used with nm_show_tag)

Thank you very much! As always...great plugin!
If you need to have several separate blog/news instances with News Manager you can use this -kludgey- solution, at least until multi-section is supported by the plugin.

I've made three clones based on NM version 3.2.2. Each one has its own admin panel and settings and has to be be assigned to a different GS page.

Download: news_manager_clones_1-2-3_3.2.2.zip (258K)

Installation: Unzip and upload the clones you need (news_manager_cloneX.php and news_manager_cloneX/* for each one) to the plugins/ folder, and activate-

Notes:
- sidebar/template functions are prefixed by nmclone1_, nmclone2_ or nmclone3_ (instead of nm_) - e.g. nmclone1_list_recent() to list clone1's recent posts.
- gsconfig settings are NMclone1SAVEAUTHOR (instead of NMSAVEAUTHOR), etc.
- css styles, however, are the normal .nm_post, etc.
- each one has its own language file (so you can edit them to change texts like "News Manager clone 1" to something nicer)
- post XML files are stored in /data/nmclone1_posts/ , etc.
Holy COW!!! Thats Awesome thank you Carlos!
Hola Carlos! I am still using your 'News Manager DateTimePicker' and it is superb... it could be a good start for a Calendar
My website made with GetSimple CMS is

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

An indipendent website about Italian Contemporary Visual Arts
I've updated the German translation. One string was missing, some used old spellings, some were inconsistent in their wording.
Request : Is there chance to insert tags in the right title and dropdown link to the category tags like blogger? thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2015-12-11, 01:07:37)bigthanks Wrote: Request : Is there chance to insert tags in the right title and dropdown link to the category tags like blogger? thanks.

Yes I had something like that in mind, it would be great.
(2015-12-05, 19:03:33)Markus00000 Wrote: I've updated the German translation. One string was missing, some used old spellings, some were inconsistent in their wording.

For now I'm using the missing string and the other two changes in error messages. Thanks.
News Manager version 3.2.3 released to Extend.
- fixes small issue with private checkbox
- some text updated in German translation (@Markus00000)
- includes fix (already in 3.2.2) for compatibility with some I18N-based sites (@TeeJay)
(2016-01-02, 02:57:37)Carlos Wrote:
(2015-12-05, 19:03:33)Markus00000 Wrote: I've updated the German translation. One string was missing, some used old spellings, some were inconsistent in their wording.

For now I'm using the missing string and the other two changes in error messages. Thanks.

Just to clarify, by "old spellings" I mean spellings that, as far as I know, haven't been taught in German schools for 20 years (e.g. "muß").

Other spellings in the current file have never been correct (e.g. "Archvierung").

I've uploaded my current translation, then people can decide for themselves which one they prefer.
I intended to ask Connie, as she's the original author of this file.

Anyway there are some changes that I'm not sure about -mainly frontend strings- that would affect existing sites. You removed the PUBLISHED string, changed the date format. Also I'm not convinced about changing "Tags" to "Kategorien" in the backend, as I may add categories at some point.
Hi Carlos just updated my NM and it is working fine as always. Read you soon.
My website made with GetSimple CMS is

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

An indipendent website about Italian Contemporary Visual Arts
(2016-01-04, 02:58:16)Carlos Wrote: I intended to ask Connie, as she's the original author of this file.

Anyway there are some changes that I'm not sure about -mainly frontend strings- that would affect existing sites. You removed the PUBLISHED string, changed the date format. Also I'm not convinced about changing "Tags" to "Kategorien" in the backend, as I may add categories at some point.

I had already fixed the PUBLISHED and TAGS strings in my current translation. I'm not using the "Published on" part and missed it when attaching the file in the forum. Sorry for the confusion.

Regarding the date format. My impression is that most publications use "01.01.2016" (SPIEGEL, FAZ, FOCUS, Bild many others) some use "1. Januar 2016" (SZ). Rarely have I seen "1. Jan 2016" (I didn't find any examples). I think the latter is awkward to read and abbreviating months like "Juni" to "Jun" is rarely an improvement in space or readability.

"01.01.2016" is simple, very common and takes little space. A good default in my opinion.

I'd also ask the original author before changing their work.
Connie has told me your translation is very good and suggests that I use it.
If you don't mind, I'll include it in NM 3.3
(2016-01-07, 02:55:51)Carlos Wrote: Connie has told me your translation is very good and suggests that I use it.
If you don't mind, I'll include it in NM 3.3

Great. Make sure to include the newest one. I'll remove it from the extend repository as soon as you release 3.3.
Hello Carlos. I want to ask you if is possible create "nm_list_archives" with a tag? I have a website with a lot of posts and I would to have one page with yearly archive only with one kind of tag. Thank you