Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
News Manager (updated)
(2018-11-03, 00:10:40)Carlos Wrote: Are you using the same template (Default template = template.php) for the news page as for the other pages, or perhaps you selected Elegance's wide.php or sidebar.php?

Default template = .../theme/elegance/template.php

for all pages.
(2018-11-02, 05:28:41)Carlos Wrote: nm_get_header() should work, unless you call it with parameter false.

Sorry Carlos ,

I ask you again:

where i see if parameter is true or false ???
Forget it... nm_get_header ignores parameters.

(With get_header you can use get_header(false) to remove the canonical tag)

Can you send me the URL of your site by PM?
(2018-11-03, 16:57:05)Carlos Wrote: Forget it...  nm_get_header ignores parameters.

(With get_header you can use get_header(false) to remove the canonical tag)

Can you send me the URL of your site by PM?

PM sent!

Smile
(2018-10-29, 02:33:42)Carlos Wrote:
(2018-10-27, 22:18:28)lesh Wrote: Carlos -
nm_show_tag displays a message "no posts found' if there are no posts with that tag, it would be good to be able to check first so nm_show_tags could be skipped and avoid this message.

Currently you can use a conditional like this:
Code:
<?php
    $tags = nm_get_tags();
    if (count($tags['mytag']) {
        nm_show_tag('mytag');
    }
?>

(I intend to add some other functions to make things better.)

In the meantime, another option is using the News Manager Addons plugin, that lets you filter by a tag, use your custom html layout, etc.
Thanks that does the job.
After checking platinum's site, the canonical meta tag was being rendered correctly in the <head> section - only that it was some lines below, after some code inserted by other plugin.
yes!

it is ok "canonical url (meta tag) ...simply using this info
http://www.cyberiada.org/cnb/news-manager-g

a VERY BIG THANKS to Carlos!

very kind for help!

:-)
Hey Guys, i'm new to get-simple and news manager and want some help.
I have configured everything so that all news articles are displayed in the news section. I additionally want the latest post to be at the front page but found no information about that in the documentation. Can you please help me?
You can use the News Manager Addons plugin.
Thank you, that works pretty well.
Hi Carlos,

i'm Looking for an Option to send the title and a link not only to a rss feed but also to Twitter. Is it possible to get this Option?

TIA, Karsten
Hello, guys! 
By any chance, is there an option within news manager where I can set a date to unpublish a post? Thank you
Is there any possibility to use and install the news manager plugin twice?
I want to use the first one for general news and the second one for events.
(2018-11-15, 16:37:10)krlllo Wrote: Hello, guys! 
By any chance, is there an option within news manager where I can set a date to unpublish a post? Thank you

No, there's no option for that.

Just curious - if this was possible, how would you expect it to work for unpublished posts? Would they just not be listed (but still available if you know the post URL), or would they no longer be available? (like private posts)
(2018-11-21, 04:08:53)Scorpio Wrote: Is there any possibility to use and install the news manager plugin twice?
I want to use the first one for general news and the second one for events.

Long ago I made 3 NM clones. However I've not updated them since then - they're still based on version 3.2.2. When I have the time I'll update them to 3.6.

Another way, would be using tags:
- Label those posts with an events tag (or _events if you want to hide that tag)
- Insert define('NMDEFAULTEXCLUDETAGGED', 'events'); in gsconfig.php (so that these posts are not included in the main posts list, archives, etc.)
- The link to the events list would be like SITE/news/tag/events (or SITE/news/?tag=events, ... depending on your fancy URL settings)
(2018-12-11, 05:51:38)Carlos Wrote:
(2018-11-15, 16:37:10)krlllo Wrote: Hello, guys! 

No, there's no option for that.

Just curious - if this was possible, how would you expect it to work for unpublished posts? Would they just not be listed (but still available if you know the post URL), or would they no longer be available? (like private posts)

Hello, Carlos. Thank you for responding.
I would expect for the post to still available but not listed OR only available on certain pages or go to archive.
I wouldn't care if they would be listed on the news page.
I asked that because I have a website www.forro.nyc with a custom layout based on tags for each day of the month where I post events and I would like them to be deleted or unlisted at the end of the event's date.
I think it has to do more with WYSIWYG Editor than with news manager itself, like a check box where you can choose whether you want this option for the post or not.
(2018-12-11, 06:05:45)Carlos Wrote: Long ago I made 3 NM clones. However I've not updated them since then - they're still based on version 3.2.2. When I have the time I'll update them to 3.6.

How nice, thanks. I will definitely try this out.
Hello! I have an idea of a useful feature which could highly improve SEO of this plugin. It is the ability to add meta description to tag pages. Example of a page site.com/news/tag/sometag
Hello!
Sorry for English.
I have a problem, plugin News Manager (updated) don't show title and content from admin page.
Use nm_post_title()
GetSimple CMS – version 3.3.15
I don't understand.
Is the admin panel not working? Or do you mean that links to posts in the website don't work?
What do you mean about nm_post_title()?
(2018-12-27, 21:18:21)dromanov31 Wrote: Hello! I have an idea of a useful feature which could highly improve SEO of this plugin. It is the ability to add meta description to tag pages. Example of a page site.com/news/tag/sometag

Sorry for the delay.
I'll consider it.

If you need this, I can post some example of template snippet.
(2019-02-24, 03:30:44)Carlos Wrote:
(2018-12-27, 21:18:21)dromanov31 Wrote: Hello! I have an idea of a useful feature which could highly improve SEO of this plugin. It is the ability to add meta description to tag pages. Example of a page site.com/news/tag/sometag

Sorry for the delay.
I'll consider it.

It would be great.
Thanks!
Insert this in your template, before <?php get_header(); ?>

Code:
<?php
$arr =array(
    "tag1" => "This is the meta description for tag1",
    "tag2" => "This is the meta description for tag2",
    "tag3" => "This is the meta description for tag3",
    // etc...
);
if (nm_is_tag()) foreach ($arr as $t=>$m) if (nm_is_tag($t)) {$metad=$m; break;}
?>

(If you prefer to have it in a component or a function, a small change would be required.)
(2019-02-24, 03:30:44)Carlos Wrote:

Sorry for the delay.
I'll consider it.

(2019-02-26, 05:51:41)Carlos Wrote: Insert this in your template, before <?php get_header(); ?>

Code:
<?php
$arr =array(
    "tag1" => "This is the meta description for tag1",
    "tag2" => "This is the meta description for tag2",
    "tag3" => "This is the meta description for tag3",
    // etc...
);
if (nm_is_tag()) foreach ($arr as $t=>$m) if (nm_is_tag($t)) {$metad=$m; break;}
?>

(If you prefer to have it in a component or a function, a small change would be required.)

Thank you very much, Carlos!
I'll try this!
(replying to http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...5#pid63895 )
(2019-03-11, 22:47:15)acenda Wrote: News Manager updated (Great plugin, but little problems with post pictures and social media. Made it work, but picture should be invisible in posts and post list. Only visible in social media og:image)

Enable NM Custom Settings and enter:
Code:
showImages 0