Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
News Manager (updated)
finally i rather use a slug of my choice and just clone, without news manager.
it is just fine.
I haven't been able to get a sitemap from News Manager. 
Does anybody know how to make it work?

I even installed News Manager 3.7 beta version, have tried all the versions I could get and none of them seems to trigger the sitemap generation.
My news written with news manager 3.6 are not added to sitemap.xml. Why not? Where can i start to look for the reason?

Alex
Do you also have the I18N plugin?
(2020-10-08, 05:58:59)Carlos Wrote: Do you also have the I18N plugin?

Yes.
That plugin works in a way that doesn't let News Manager insert its posts in the Sitemap.
A possible patch here:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...5#pid47765
(2020-10-09, 05:25:40)Carlos Wrote: That plugin works in a way that doesn't let News Manager insert its posts in the Sitemap.
A possible patch here:

THX for the hint.
Hi Carlos,

some days ago I found a problem with my sitemap.xml: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...0#pid70260

Now I remembered these things you recommended to bring newsmanager posts into the sitemap:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...4#pid47934
and

This works fine now, but perhaps there is a context with my new problem: not actualizing the lastmod date.
Perhaps you can help me with the sitemap problem? I cannot remember if there always was a problem with the lastmod date, in normal pages and news manager pages.

My plugin versions are (the newest, I suppose)
I18N Base an I18N: Version 3.3.1
News Manager (updated): Version 3.6

News Manager Addons: Version 0.9.5

Changes in normal pages result in a new lastmod date, when I delete the sitemap file and create a new one.
Changes in news manager post pages do not.

Thank you very much.

Hypertexter
lastmod is not currently supported in News Manager posts. Still in the to-do list (#43)
OK thats a good reason for no lastmod in news manager pages.

Do you have an idea what could be the reason for my problem with normal pages? Why I have to delete sitemap file to get the lastmod date updated?

Thank you,

Hypertexter
Hi and thanks for this amazing plugin Smile

I have 2 little problems:

1) Site has 2 blogs. I use news manager clones. I also use Grid Me BS4 plugin. For some reason grid me bs4 editor styles won't work on news manager editor. Any ideas where I could change styles for news manager editor?

2) Since I have 2 blogs, the non-clone version of news manager works fine with Responsive file manager. Clone doesn't. Is there some place I could activate it for clone also?

Then one thing: Can I create clone from news manager myself somehow?

Thanks Smile
(2020-10-16, 21:55:31)acenda Wrote: Hi and thanks for this amazing plugin Smile

1) Site has 2 blogs. I use news manager clones. I also use Grid Me BS4 plugin. For some reason grid me bs4 editor styles won't work on news manager editor. Any ideas where I could change styles for news manager editor?

2) Since I have 2 blogs, the non-clone version of news manager works fine with Responsive file manager. Clone doesn't. Is there some place I could activate it for clone also?

Thanks Smile

Since you are using New Manager clones, I have a question: are your posts for NM clones setup like this and working?
<?php nmclone1_post_image_url(500,375,1); ?>
<?php nmclone1_set_custom_offset(0);?>
<?php nmclone1_set_custom_maxposts(1)?>
<?php nmclone1_set_custom_excerpt(70); ?>
<?php nmclone1_custom_display_recent(' ','Tag');?>

the only function that is working for me on the clones of News Manageer is nmclone1_list_recent() when used alone. 
The other ones don't work.
News Manager does not work on a server with php 8.

Some error warnings

PHP Code:
DeprecatedRequired parameter $archive follows optional parameter $tag in C:\htdocs\testsite\plugins\news_manager\inc\site.php on line 73

Fatal error
Uncaught TypeErrorarray_slice(): Argument #3 ($length) must be of type ?int, SimpleXMLExtended given in C:\htdocs\testsite\plugins\news_manager\inc\sidebar.php:18 Stack trace: #0 C:\htdocs\testsite\plugins\news_manager\inc\sidebar.php(18): array_slice(Array, 0, Object(SimpleXMLExtended), true) #1

Fatal errorUncaught TypeErrormb_strrpos(): Argument #3 ($offset) must be of type int, string given in C:\htdocs\testsite\plugins\news_manager\inc\functions.php:423 Stack trace: #0 C:\htdocs\testsite\plugins\news_manager\inc\functions.php(423): mb_strrpos 
I would like to know the php code on this site "https://fritzsalzmann.com/blog/".

Did you figure out the php code?
(2021-02-04, 01:02:44)krlllo Wrote:
(2020-10-16, 21:55:31)acenda Wrote: Hi and thanks for this amazing plugin Smile

Thanks Smile

Since you are using New Manager clones, I have a question: are your posts for NM clones setup like this and working?
<?php nmclone1_post_image_url(500,375,1); ?>
<?php nmclone1_set_custom_offset(0);?>
<?php nmclone1_set_custom_maxposts(1)?>
<?php nmclone1_set_custom_excerpt(70); ?>
<?php nmclone1_custom_display_recent(' ','Tag');?>

the only function that is working for me on the clones of News Manageer is nmclone1_list_recent() when used alone. 
The other ones don't work.

Sorry for late answer. No its not working properly. If i change settings in one clone, it changes settings of another. I made it as basic as possible and "got it working" somehow.
Has anyone already made a fixed version for PHP 8? Would be very great.

For me it was only necessary to remove "&& count($translit>0)" in news_manager/inc/functions.php and to change $posts = array_slice($posts, 0, $NMRECENTPOSTS, true); in news_manager/inc/sidebar.php:18 to $posts = array_slice($posts, 0, (int)$NMRECENTPOSTS, true);
is there a conditional snippet if normal regular GS page (not news page) do this?. Smile
(2022-04-25, 02:04:09)orangejuicebiscuits Wrote: Has anyone already made a fixed version for PHP 8? Would be very great.

Especially since PHP 7.4 reaches EOL this November.

The entire GetSimple CMS package is desperately in need of its overdue PHP8 compatibility update.
Hi,
I'll see if I can patch NM for php8.
(2022-07-18, 06:34:10)Riianna Wrote: is there a conditional snippet if normal regular GS page (not news page) do this?. Smile

if (!nm_is_site()) ...
should work.
Changed 4 files in folder news_manager/inc (attached)
Replace them and please let me know if it works, or if there's anything else to fix for php8 compatibility.

This is for NM 3.6 - if you are using 3.7 beta let me know (or get it from the github dev repo)

Attached Files
.zip   nm-3.6-patch-php8.zip (Size: 18.58 KB / Downloads: 7)
(2022-10-03, 05:11:49)Carlos Wrote: Changed 4 files in folder news_manager/inc (attached)
Replace them and please let me know if it works, or if there's anything else to fix for php8 compatibility.

This is for NM 3.6 - if you are using 3.7 beta let me know (or get it from the github dev repo)

Hi Carlos,

Hi, I am testing NM with php8.1, with 'nm-3.6-patch-php8'.
I found a bug, namely if in settings 'Posts on News Page are shown as:' set 'Full text' it is Ok, but if active is 'Excerpt' not display any thing. Could you fix it please.

[Image: Untitled-3.png]
(2022-10-26, 23:03:08)tomkow Wrote: Hi, I am testing NM with php8.1, with 'nm-3.6-patch-php8'.
I found a bug, namely if in settings 'Posts on News Page are shown as:' set 'Full text' it is Ok, but if active is 'Excerpt' not display any thing. Could you fix it please.

Try with this patch and let me know if it works.

The only file that has changed since the previous patch is news_manager/inc/functions.php

Attached Files
.zip   nm-3.6-php8-patch2.zip (Size: 18.58 KB / Downloads: 10)
(2022-10-27, 02:53:49)Carlos Wrote:
(2022-10-26, 23:03:08)tomkow Wrote: Hi, I am testing NM with php8.1, with 'nm-3.6-patch-php8'.

Try with this patch and let me know if it works.

The only file that has changed since the previous patch is news_manager/inc/functions.php

Boss! Working very well - thanks!
Thanks a lot! The php8 patch is working fine