Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3.4.0 wish list
If you just want the pubDate field to be fixed and editable and don't need to edit I18N's creDate field, you can use pubDateFix that also has a date/time-picker.
Thank you, both of you!!! I looked through the plugins for something like these but nothing ever came up. I guess I wasn't using the right search terms.
Hello Mr SHAWN A,

1 - Can you confirm that with the V3.4, one will be able to select multiple pages at once, and then delete serie?

2 - Can you say when the polish is getting done ?

thx and have a nice day
no there is no checkbox selections, a plugin could add this though fairly easily,

I have been unable to work on this for a while now, I am having some long term medical problems.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2017-04-16, 00:46:00)shawn_a Wrote: no there is no checkbox selections, a plugin could add this though fairly easily,

I have been unable to work on this for a while now, I am having some long term medical problems.

Oh i am sorry for you, about medical problems, i wish you to be healthy and the best recovery...
Meanwhile...
...why don't you share the baby (delegate) on the forum?

cheers
Theres not many contributing users I only have 2 moderators.
(2017-04-16, 00:46:00)shawn_a Wrote: no there is no checkbox selections, a plugin could add this though fairly easily,

Just came across this post... Sorry to hear that, I hope your medical problems get resolved. You are so prolific, it's hard to imagine anything getting in your way...
Thank you for your efforts, GetSimple is a great tool and this is a great forum.
I do not like to ask for help unless I have tried and failed a few times, but every time I have, this forum has saved me.
Thank you.
Hello Shawn, hope you are getting well ...

Do you think you can come up with this release during summer ? , or after ?

cheers
yeah still not doing great, still no diagnosis, but I am trying to finish up 3.4, I have been active in github.
(2017-07-03, 23:11:57)shawn_a Wrote: yeah still not doing great, still no diagnosis, but I am trying to finish up 3.4, I have been active in github.

Sad shit, bad to hear you're not doing fine. so, thanx about beiing always active, even with trouble...
hope the doctor will find solution to the trouble experienced..., you deserve to be fine
with all the posible good things in life. Best feelings from France
Hi Shawn,
Firstly, I hope your "Medical Issue" is resolving and not a euphemism for something nasty.

Don't see it requested, but Two Factor Authentication would be a good thing to include these days. The user hooks exist, to setup a code, but I can see nothing in the login process which allows rejecting the login. (Not sure a hook can give feedback, but  I expect something could be worked out.)

Thanks for GS,
Brian
https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpl...ssues/1235

DONE
(2017-07-11, 05:17:24)shawn_a Wrote: https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpl...ssues/1235

DONE

Fantastic. I'll have to see if I have time put a plugin together, unless someones else is planning one.
Yeah those are untested so that would be great, the only problem with how i did it, is it still requires user and password AND filter to be true, so you cannot override those other conditions, I could maybe modify this or add a new override in the future, but I do not think its needed. You can only reject login, not override or bypass it, i figured this was safer for now.

Single sign on would be sweet, so i might add bypass in the future some other way

Two factor also great, support duo , or google auth with qr code generator maybe.
(2017-07-17, 00:56:32)shawn_a Wrote: Yeah those are untested so that would be great, the only problem with how i did it, is it still requires user and password AND filter to be true, so you cannot override those other conditions, I could maybe modify this or add a new override in the future, but I do not think its needed. You can only reject login, not override or bypass it, i figured this was safer for now.

Single sign on would be sweet, so i might add bypass in the future some other way

Two factor also great,  support duo , or google auth with qr code generator maybe.

Sounds exactly right.

Sorry for the delay responding, other stuff has taken priority for me. Hopefully, I can shortly install 3.4, migrate a site and see how she runs. There's plenty of sample code around for two factor, so a plugin shouldn't be too difficult. I've not published any of my plugins, previously, as i'm not prepared for the support load, but we'll see.

Again, i hope your health issues are being resolved. Take care.
Hi there!

- It would be great to have some kind of custom field possibility inside page_content. For example, custom fields tab and then you could add them where ever you want in editor - like theme - Edit components. But with html editor.

- Possibility to scale images to right size and lossless compression

- HTML-editor: possibility to add divisions

There are some ideas Smile

Great CMS thou!
Dear Shawn,

I read in the prerelease notes 3.4.0.9 on Github that plugins relying on codemirror or ckeditor may have issues or conflicts. What plugins or functionality do you think would be affected?
Maybe time for a wakeup call to plugin developers to make sure they have attended to the problem by the time workable or even production releases of 3.4 come out?
It is a formidable task to scan and read all forum topics, so I am sorry if I missed any messages on this topic.
Although my developer skills are insufficient to help with GS 3.4, at least I will be testing 3.4.0.9 (loaded with my current web site(s) and the plugins I use, on a MAMP site), and I hope to be able to report further suggestions.
Hoping that you will get more help from others, and keep up the good work, electronics and GS alike. (I am an EE myselfSmile)
Most of the i18n use these, but have been tested ok, but alot of others will break and are no longer updated. Also jquery updates break some stuff, I am about to cut a beta so yeah time for all new plugins
Hi!

I wasn't able to find this in the forum but may have been already mentioned or solved, sorry if that's the case.

I'd like if the built-in ckeditor would be able to show the existing url links in the Edit Link window if I click on an existing link (anchor) in the text. Now it shows empty as if I'm about to enter a new url.

Another function I'd like (though probably will not be liked by those of a more security-oriented mindset) is when linking and browsing on the local server, to be able to access folders outside of the data/upload. This would make it easier for example to migrate from the previous CMS system - I wouldn't have to move all files on the server to a new location (which is also problematic because I don't have a terminal access to it, only one-sided ftp.)

Also, I found the I18N plugin to be very useful  both for the language support and the hierarchical menus. I think it would make a nice addition to the base package. I like websites with a menu system on the left sidebar, where clicking on an item will show its sub-menu-items. This and similar capabilities are sadly missing from the base package (also in many other cms engines). (I still had to edit the php of the theme even with i18n).

Otherwise, thanks for the nice product! In my university, they put the SQL server on a machine that's frequently dying so I have to move on from Drupal to something that doesn't use SQL. This xml method also lets me save and re-install the whole website much easier, without needing access to a database server (which I also didn't have). I also like solutions that are simplistic, have a small source and no fancy stuff. Thanks again!
Another thing. 

I see that menu items are marked by html/css CLASSes.

While it doesn't matter too much but I think that ID would be better suited for this purpose (not technically but semantically).

CLASS should be used when more than one element shares some stylistic property, while ID is a unique identifier of an element, such as in this case the menu name.
And menu items should have unique names after all (and if two share it we can still give their ID numbered endings).

This would also help because this way it would decrease the chance of a menu item class name coinciding with a class name that I create in a template.
problem is we only have slug as ID, and just sticking a slug that could be anything is not really practical , we would have to generate a hash or start adding index ids to pages. If you need that much control you would just write your own menu generator and tag it however you want
hoemaco , there is a lengthly github issue on that, and I tried for many hours to fix that, and it turns out it was not possible atm because there was nothing in the select object to parse out to get the link. Maybe cke has fixed it by now.
(2019-02-10, 00:57:06)shawn_a Wrote: hoemaco , there is a lengthly github issue on that, and I tried for many hours to fix that, and it turns out it was not possible atm because there was nothing in the select object to parse out to get the link. Maybe cke has fixed it by now.

Hi, thanks for the answer.
I have used a version of Ckeditor in Drupal in older times and I think it worked there. But in my current version I can't even start it :Big Grin But my actual Drupal has an editor called Wysiwyg (yeah very unique name...) and it knows the edit url feature..

Also, another thing I noticed.
In admin->settings, user profile->display name, it doesn't allow uppercase letters. I type my name with them, but upon saving, they revert to lowercase....
- Update: in the xml files I saw that the name is correctly written, it's just not displayed correctly in the admin page. I don't know however, of other places, I don't have any content on the webpage which would display a user name. So anyway it's not so important for me yet..
Hi!

Would be nice to be able to update the cms from admin so we wouldnt need to manually update the cms for every version.
Is this something that will or could be implemented?
-- Sorry Just saw that this was already mentioned.
I have an experimental plugin that updates from github, Therenis also an updater plugin that works well but needs some maintence