Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION Simple but not easy
It took me a while to understand, how easy getSimple seems to be, but ended in a mess. Unusually does work in many different ways on different hosters. So I got a note for my hoster, but did not work out.

Changing every single folder to full permission worked out and all test with server site testing showed up green lights.

I don´t how easy it is, but when I create a new page which is not found on the server and do not get any note what is going on - - I don´t know.
Plugin activation? Not responding, no idea how easy but does not make sense to spend time when it comes to easy makes trouble... Help files are out there, but did not find a hint.Huh
Those are all host permissions issues it sounds like.
Most people do not have these problems.

It might some down to how you uploaded it, ftp? extract on server?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
extracted local and uploaded with FTP - then changed permissions... all folderl 777
odd that you need 777
755 should suffice, host might have safe mode on, in which case it checks owners of files must match php.

We might have to detect this in the future.

Ideally you can chown your files to ensure this. But some hosts are just a pita.
care to post which host?
we have a wiki section on host gotchas.
Your wiki is showing some hint for my hoster

AddHandler php[php54]-cgi .php

Now i am confused as temp.htaccess in the first try of installation i was forced to rename to .htaccess - this time not

Error code just not able to copy - here is a screenshot:
http://prntscr.com/4henvi

I get this error on saving anything, but can´t work - no plug and no page is showing up.

(2014-08-29, 02:55:35)shawn_a Wrote: care to post which host?
we have a wiki section on host gotchas.
Thats warning not a fatal error, unless you have some strict error reporting on its benign, you should have no error reporting on , on a production server. But that error should not stop anything.
Found out that given temp.htaccess is the reason - after deleting every things works, but not fine
It seems that newest Version 3.3 is not stable - or not for public
Many plugins don´t work saying a newer version available, which is not true, it is always the same, even i put a new one (by the way, why plugs downloads don´t have version Info?)
TinyMCE does not fit on canvas and has no function to place icons, just to fit into the template width
TinyMCE does not find a server for uploading - and do not connect to getsimple upload foldersystem.
Every picture does size down to a thumbnail in frontend and does not show the pixel size given in editor.
Huh

(2014-08-29, 05:53:22)shawn_a Wrote: Thats warning not a fatal error, unless you have some strict error reporting on its benign, you should have no error reporting on , on a production server. But that error should not stop anything.
Can you list the plugins you are using?
Also what does Healh Check say?
Afaik mce plugin has not been supported since 3.2
anant, all of what you are describing seems to me like a bad/unfriendly server configuration. I run multiple sites on different hosters, free and paid, using both apache and nginx without any problems. The only times I ran into problems was on a free host, which was injecting its questionable code into my pages. There's also the problematic server at my workplace, which is managed by a guy who doesn't really seem to comprehend *nix. Resolving issues in such circumstances is often impossible. Try a different host, or even a LAMP/XAMPP locally before saying that the software is not stable.

I've seen crappy software being released to public. Not looking too far, the latest 0.8 release of this 'doglike animal CMS' tries to use libraries from files which don't exist, which results in a crippled app; and it's no beta - this is something those guys really released as working software.

I can assure you GS is nothing of that sort.