Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
local install with AMPPS -- permission problem
I downloaded GetSimpleCMS, and changed the permissions of the folder and all enclosed files to 777.

Then I created a new local host with AMPPS, using the get simple folder as root. All this is routine for me; I set up lots of testing and development servers this way.

I can get to the root of my get simple folder. It gives me a "This page is temporarily unavailable" message.

But if I go to /admin I get a 403 error.

I did check AMPPS' php.ini file to see it safe mode is on: safe mode is off.
hmm do you have any security mods running? sometimes 777 files can be blocked by mod_sec or suoshin
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2014-10-11, 02:38:29)shawn_a Wrote: hmm do you have any security mods running? sometimes 777 files can be blocked by mod_sec or suoshin

AMPPS' installation of Apache does not have a mod_sec. I checked the httpd.conf. Where would I look for suoshin?
Just drop perms for index to 755 or 644 and see if you get a different response
Shawn, the only difference is that with 644 I get a 403 error at the root of the domain, not just the admin.

For what its worth, I was able to set up Get Simple on a hosted server I use. But I would like to work locally for development.
Its your wamp that causing the 403 somehow, maybe you put your webroot in a protected area like program files.
Make sure the files are not read only?

I have no idea, i use easyphp and have no issues on windows 7