Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It)
** Updated: 3/14/2011 **

Latest Stable Version: 2.5.3
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/gsg...allery/85/

Google Code Project Page:
http://code.google.com/p/gsgallery/

ISSUES?
Please when posting a new issue here, make sure:
  • You review previous posts by others, sometimes the solutions have been posted by other users
  • The issue is not listed in the google code page http://code.google.com/p/gsgallery/issues/list/
  • You put the version number of the plugin
  • You put the version number of the Get Simple CMS
Feel free to create a new issue in the google code page, but it might be a good idea to also drop a message here and link it to the actual issue. Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Be sure once you download the plugin file to read the change log to see what has changed.

I will be creating some sort of help document as soon I have some extra time. In the mean time, let me give you a quick reference:

To install:
- Unzip and upload the content of the plugin file into the "plugins" directory inside of GetSimple.
- Once uploaded make sure that you have the correct permissions. I would set all the contents inside the plugin to 755 or higher.

To use:
- Upload some images to get simple using the file uploader tab
- then go to the Image Gallery Tab and create a new gallery.
- select the images you want to display in the gallery and put the corresponding captions
- save the gallery and once in the list view, select the "CODE" and copy it.
- now go to the page you want to see the gallery and edit it (Pages Tab)
- paste the code you copied and save the page and you should be all set up.
- go the the front end and double check everything is working as expected

2.5 Beta Features (How To)

The new display function.

Code:
squareit_gallery($gallery_id, $return);

With the new version of GSgallery 2.5 you will be able to use this display function to include galleries within your template, component, or if you are using the exec_php plugin.

Params:
  • $gallery_id => The ID of the gallery (without the squareit_gallery) so if the code is "squareit_gallery_4bdafa5d584f6" you only need "4bdafa5d584f6"
  • $return => Boolean (true/false) - This if set true, insead of the function echoing the output, it will return the output.
- Julian

My GetSimple Plugins: Simple Image Gallery | TweetMeme reTweet Button
This does not work as it should.
As soon as i installed the plugin all the body content text does not show up.
If i delete the plugin the bodytext is showing, whats wrong?

//Maxpop

juliancc Wrote:**Decided to open a new forum topic since the other one was too big **

Version 2.0 of the image gallery plugin has just been released

Latest Stable Version: 2.0
http://www.smooka.com/blog/2010/05/19/ge...-released/

I will be creating some sort of help document as soon I have some extra time. In the mean time, let me give you a quick reference:

To install:
- Unzip and upload the content of the plugin file into the "plugins" directory inside of GetSimple.
- Once uploaded make sure that you have the correct permissions. I would set all the contents inside the plugin to 755 or higher.

To use:
- select the images you want to display in the gallery and put the corresponding captions
I was not able to reproduce the error that maxpop has, though I have my own small issue :-)

My gallery page is a child node ( 'company' page is parent of 'reference letters' gallery page ) - in such case urls for CSS, JS and images are invalid ( parent page address added in url ) - for a quick fix I've added leading '/' before each path echoes in squareit-gallery.php - but maybe you'll come up with something more flexible.

apart from that - great plugin, thanks for sharing :-)
tormac Wrote:I was not able to reproduce the error that maxpop has, though I have my own small issue :-)

My gallery page is a child node ( 'company' page is parent of 'reference letters' gallery page ) - in such case urls for CSS, JS and images are invalid ( parent page address added in url ) - for a quick fix I've added leading '/' before each path echoes in squareit-gallery.php - but maybe you'll come up with something more flexible.

I second Tormac's request. I had to go through making all of the URLs absolute as I have Fancy URLs enabled so the relative paths point to the wrong place. Not a tough bug to fix but might stump some users. Cheers.
samrayner Wrote:I second Tormac's request. I had to go through making all of the URLs absolute as I have Fancy URLs enabled so the relative paths point to the wrong place. Not a tough bug to fix but might stump some users. Cheers.

Code:
$main_settings = getXML(GSDATAOTHERPATH .'website.xml');
    $SITEURL = (string)$main_settings->SITEURL;

these two lines allow getting site URL from config. I've put that variable ($SITEURL) on the beginning of each path related line and it works on each of my custom installations. Hope that will do the trick for you too
Most of the time $SITEURL is already defined and you shouldn’t have to read the XML-file again, that will only slow the script down. Instead of the two lines you posted use this:
Code:
global $SITEURL;
Now you should be able to use $SITEURL in the path strings as well.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
hahaha I knew I would make a fool of myself ... Well if that would only be covered in plugin dev documentation ... ;-) but hey, for me that was like 2 lessons learned - how to read the config file ;-) and that I don;t need to do it ;-)
Hi again..

Did a clean GetSimple install, installed plugin, still wrong with the page content not showing up!!!!!

What am i doing wrong here?

maxpop Wrote:This does not work as it should.

//Maxpop

juliancc Wrote:**Decided to open a new forum topic since the other one was too big **

Version 2.0 of the image gallery plugin has just been released

Latest Stable Version: 2.0
http://www.smooka.com/blog/2010/05/19/ge...-released/

To install:

To use:
maxpop Wrote:Hi again..

Did a clean GetSimple install, installed plugin, still wrong with the page content not showing up!!!!!

What am i doing wrong here?

maxpop Wrote:This does not work as it should.

//Maxpop

Sounds like the same issue described & fixed here, turn on debugging and see if you get the same error message Wink
tormac Wrote:I was not able to reproduce the error that maxpop has, though I have my own small issue :-)

Sorry for the late response. I've been slammed with work!

Surprised no one found this issue before in the beta/rc releases. Thanks for finding it and I will try to implement the fix ASAP.
I wish I had the time to write the documentation. I try to use the spare time to improve and fix the plugin. If anyone there wants to contribute and help me write an initial document it would greatly help.

@maxpop can you enable debug mode and post any errors that get displayed in the page if any. That could help us find more infomation in your problem. Like james_so mentioned, it might be the issue with the call_user_func_array() function. That is if you are only using PHP 5.3.*
- Julian

this solved it, thx :

admin\inc\plugin_functions.php on line 139:

$data = call_user_func_array($filter['function'], array($data));

//Maxpop

juliancc Wrote:

Sorry for the late response. I've been slammed with work!

Surprised no one found this issue before in the beta/rc releases. Thanks for finding it and I will try to implement the fix ASAP.
I wish I had the time to write the documentation. I try to use the spare time to improve and fix the plugin. If anyone there wants to contribute and help me write an initial document it would greatly help.

@maxpop can you enable debug mode and post any errors that get displayed in the page if any. That could help us find more infomation in your problem. Like james_so mentioned, it might be the issue with the call_user_func_array() function. That is if you are only using PHP 5.3.*
I've installed the plugin and set up a gallery, but when I try to view it, all the images are missing, any ideas?
"Dynamite's a very tricky sort of operation"
sysse Wrote:I've installed the plugin and set up a gallery, but when I try to view it, all the images are missing, any ideas?

You might be having the same problem as maxpop. Can you check your PHP version and see if it's 5.3.*?
- Julian

My php-version is 5.3.2
sysse Wrote:My php-version is 5.3.2

Follow this link: http://get-simple.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=737

since the problem you are having is related to that issue.
- Julian

acctualy, I did that already, the problem isn't that no content is showing up, its that the path to the images are broken when I try to view it.
sysse Wrote:acctualy, I did that already, the problem isn't that no content is showing up, its that the path to the images are broken when I try to view it.

Can you post a link to your working copy so that I can take a quick look and see what some of the potiential issues.
- Julian

http://sysse.se/getsimple/omoss/bilder

there we go
That’s an URL problem. The gallery seems to be using a relative URL to get to the admin directory. This makes your images being requested from here:
Code:
http://sysse.se/getsimple/omoss/admin/inc/thumb.php?src=Aequidens_dorsiger.jpg&dest=../../plugins/squareit-gallery/thumbs/thumbmed.Aequidens_dorsiger.jpg&x=125&y=125&f=1
While it should be:
Code:
http://sysse.se/getsimple/admin/inc/thumb.php?src=Aequidens_dorsiger.jpg&dest=../../plugins/squareit-gallery/thumbs/thumbmed.Aequidens_dorsiger.jpg&x=125&y=125&f=1
The problem was brought up by tormac and Julian will work to get this fixed in the next version of the plugin. The fix is actually mentioned by tormac if you scroll up.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Thanks for pointing it out for me, however, I'm having trouble fixing the file, if someone could share their squareit-gallery.php, I'd be really glad Smile
Sysse,

Issue has been resolved and committed to Google Code.

You can find the latest copy of the file here:
http://code.google.com/p/gsgallery/sourc...allery.php

Thanks!
- Julian

I have uploaded the new version of the plugin and changed the permissions to 755 for the new files. But when I go to the plugins tab in the admin section, I do not see the gallery link.

Ideas?
modulok30 Wrote:I have uploaded the new version of the plugin and changed the permissions to 755 for the new files. But when I go to the plugins tab in the admin section, I do not see the gallery link.

Ideas?

Could you enable debug mode? Also if 755 does not work, try 777. I've seen that in some hosts 755 is not enough.
- Julian

sysse Wrote:Thanks for pointing it out for me, however, I'm having trouble fixing the file, if someone could share their squareit-gallery.php, I'd be really glad Smile

sysse, Yesterday I released version 2.01 of GSGallery. Be sure to download that version and let me know if it did solve your problems.
- Julian

new bugs:

1)delete "paginate" class in squareit-gallery.php (other way you can see only only 15 albums in list)

2)error in facybox

i've fixed styles in "a" tag in lines 288 290 568 570.
and changed for normal work 'rel=".."' to 'class="gsgimage"' + $("a.gsgimage").fancybox();

stabile version... Big Grin alpha only