Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROBLEM Upgraded to 3.3.8 CKEditor Won't Display HTML Editor
Howdy,
After upgrading to 3.3.8 when I try to load pages the HTML editor area is blank.
I can see the content there if I look at the source of the browser window. Additionally if I disable HTML Editor in Settings and return to page editor the content displays fine.
I've Overwritten the update files as well to see if a file didn't write correctly first time around - no luck.
Any ideas?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Check browsers js console, there will most definitely be an error, and you can expand the stack and maybe see where it comes from.
Do you have any plugins that have their own editors ?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2016-03-15, 22:05:29)markread172 Wrote: After upgrading to 3.3.8

Which version have you upgraded from to 3.3.8?
I upgraded from version 3.3.8 to 3.3.9 today
using the short way: overwriting /admin and index.php
clearing the browser cache

and bam: the editor is not visible, cannot enter text.

I have no plugins with "own editors",  and the editor is defined like this in gsconfig.php:

"# WYSIWYG toolbars (advanced, basic or [custom config])
# define('GSEDITORTOOL', 'advanced');
define('GSEDITORTOOL',"['Source','-','Cut','Copy','Paste','PasteText','PasteFromWord','-','Undo','Redo','Find','Replace','-','SelectAll','RemoveFormat'],
'/',
['Bold','Italic','Underline','Strike','-','Subscript','Superscript','-','JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyFull'],
['TextColor','BGColor','-','Rule','PageBreak'],['NumberedList','BulletedList','-','Outdent','Indent'],
'/',
['Blockquote','-','Smiley'],['Link','Unlink','Anchor'],
['Image','Flash','video','fileicon','Table','HorizontalRule','SpecialChar'],
      '/',
['Styles','Format','Font','FontSize'],['ShowBlocks'],['Templates']
");

# WYSIWYG editor language (default en)
define('GSEDITORLANG', 'de');

# WYSIWYG Editor Options
# define('GSEDITOROPTIONS', 'advanced');
define('GSEDITOROPTIONS', "entities : false,forceSimpleAmpersand:true,customConfig : '../../../../theme/gs.js',skin: 'v2'");"
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Browser-Console tells me this:

sbfixed not enabled or scrolltofixed not loaded jquery.getsimple.js:26:3
TypeError: config.toolbar_Full is undefined

CKEDITOR.editorConfig()
l()
l/<()
CKEDITOR.scriptLoader</<.queue</</<.callback()
CKEDITOR.scriptLoader</<.load/f()
CKEDITOR.scriptLoader</<.load/x()
CKEDITOR.scriptLoader</<.load/A()
CKEDITOR.scriptLoader</<.load/u/g.$.onload/<()

what to do?????

"define('GSEDITOROPTIONS', 'advanced');" <= brings error, "advanced" not supported
"define('GSEDITOROPTIONS', "entities : false,forceSimpleAmpersand:true,customConfig : '../../../../theme/gs.js',skin: 'v2'");" <= brings error, " config.toolbar_Full is undefined "

did you test the "new" editor with the documentated options from the wiki?
I saw no info about that, no warning, and I run into the problem...

so my solution for the moment: everybody who does NOT use the editor out of the box but defined some options in gsconfig.php SHOULD NOT UPDATE... or deactivate all options
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
hmm well
"define('GSEDITOROPTIONS', 'advanced');" <= brings error, "advanced" not supported

is wrong should be
define('GSEDITORTOOL', 'advanced');

"define('GSEDITOROPTIONS', "entities : false,forceSimpleAmpersand:true,customConfig : '../../../../theme/gs.js',skin: 'v2'");" <= brings error, " config.toolbar_Full is undefined "

You will have to remove skin:'v2' I do not think this skin exists or is compatible with this version, unless there is an updated version to it available from ckeditor.

You also will probably have to update your custom config with changes to the default config.js
Shawn,

I did not see this hint when I updated GS 3.3.8 to 3.3.9

"This is a major ckeditor upgrade, existing editoroptions and customconfigs may need to be updated or removed, check ckeditor/config.js for updates

#1137 update ckeditor to latest (4.5.7), also adds codesnippet and autogrow cke plugins"

When was this added?

I always read the informations in the WIKI, "Upgrading to the Latest Version of GetSimple", in case there are some news which should be taken into consideration
there is no info on this topic in the WIKI, only information: "After uploading open yoursite.com/admin to complete the upgrade. "

So this is not enought!!!

the info from http://get-simple.info/changelog/ should be added to the WIKI !!!!

Let me see:

1)
I checked "my old" gsconfig.php and it says:

# WYSIWYG toolbars (advanced, basic or [custom config])
#define('GSEDITORTOOL', 'advanced');

so my above posting was wrong, but my configuration was right ;=)

2)
the problem with the missing skin in "define('GSEDITOROPTIONS', " derives therefrom that the skin seems to be incompatible,
I have 4 different skins in the folder /admin/template/js/ckeditor/skins

So what is the conclusion?

As always: Lacking documentation.
The information "This is a major ckeditor upgrade, existing editoroptions and customconfigs may need to be updated or removed" is not satisfying at all as I can't remember to have seen it when upgrading

a major ckeditor upgrade is more than a version step from 3.3.8 to version 3.3.9
I would expect a switch to version 3.4 in such a case

And  I would expect to have information in the documentation / changelog (which is not included in the install package) / forum announcements.

I think no one tested an advanced configuration with the new version, and the expression "may need to be updated or removed"" is  a reinsurance in case something goes wrong....

it went wrong
|--

It was tested this is based on cke patch which has been available for a year.
Beta testing lasted over a month.

I added that after your report. As with any update custom configs should be tested first.

I dont maintain the wiki I write code.
The wiki has been updated, and linked from the changelog
(2016-04-22, 22:14:24)shawn_a Wrote: It was tested this is based on cke patch which has been available for a year.
Beta testing lasted over a month.

I added that after your report. As with any update custom configs should be tested first.

I dont maintain the wiki I write code.

Shawn, thanks for that.
I was quite angry because this update broke my very narrow time schedule.

Let me suggest some points:

1. give more information about the update and what has to be regarded in connection with the update
  2. use a more definitive version number to tell the importance of the update
  3. as I know from "my time" with GS and CKEDITOR, users are not "into CKEDITOR" so they are not aware of all implications of an editor upgrade.
  4. I am sure these problems which arose are known CKEDITOR Update tasks, so it would have been helpful to
    to add a link to a CKEDITOR page with CKEDITOR Information about Upgrades  like Changes Between CKEditor 3 and 4 so that users are aware of the changes 

I am sure next time update will be smoother ;=)
|--