Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GS Dimension
Another html5up template made ready for GetSimple.

I think this is a really neat theme for a small business, a personal homepage, a resume, or a 'web presence' . I haven't tested it with plugins but I presume it will take a gallery. The contact form works just as it is with formspree. Really nice transitions and totally good for phones and tablets.

The html is structured as a single page site although it doesn't function like one. I used the famous Carlos Code so that it works without a plugin but you do have to just change the custom permalink in Settings to #%slug% and remember the index page has no content of its own and needs to be taken out of the menu. The site won't be working properly until you have done that and made at least one new page. the background image is theme/Dimension/images/bg.jpg .

My demo is here
http://www.gs.cyberpress.biz/dimension/

Uploaded to Extend:
http://get-simple.info/extend/theme/gs-dimension/1086/
How to add a feedback form to this template?
How to add a news display in this template?
Thanks!
A feedback form? Since the html and css for an email form is all in the theme I don't see how that could be hard.
A news display? like a blog? Dunno. Have you tried it?
A beautiful template! But you can not get the menu buttons to work (navigate the site)! Can explain how to do this?
(2017-05-18, 07:10:38)Konstantin Wrote: A beautiful template! But you can not get the menu buttons to work (navigate the site)! Can explain how to do this?

Did you change the custom permalink in Settings to #%slug% and take the index page out of the menu?
I have translated thanks for the answer! The menu works! But question: I create the page, without a conclusion in the general menu! I put the reference to her and the page doesn't open!
And the most important question is why the page with your template is not indexed by search engines?
The template is created by html5up.net , not by me. The structure of the html is that the whole site is included in a single file, index.html , just like a single page site, although it doesn't look like one. One way to manage a single page site in GS is to use the code Carlos wrote so each GS page is inserted into index.html with a named anchor for navigation, but index.html doesn't actually have its own content and isn't included in the menu. that is how it should be.

As for search engines - I don't know. I haven't looked at that. I presumed google is clever enough to understand, but in any case i was only taking the template and adapting it for GS.
Page "contact" - does not open the form, does not send letters! . What I did: copy the code "contact" from index.html. . Created the component and pasted the code from the index.ntml page. And how?
(2017-05-30, 02:53:09)Konstantin Wrote: Page "contact" - does not open the form, does not send letters! . What I did: copy the code "contact" from index.html. . Created the component and pasted the code from the index.ntml page. And how?

It is for you to choose. You can use a plugin from extend and style the form to match. You can use some other code you might find or write. For my sites I use https://formspree.io/ because it is totally easy, simple and reliable.
Cool themes you made! fabulous! I will make some themes as well!
I'm trying to add a single page (not in the menu) that would be accessible via link in text of another single page (this one loads, because is on menu).

any suggestions?
(2017-08-20, 06:46:42)andrej.jerman Wrote: I'm trying to add a single page (not in the menu) that would be accessible via link in text of another single page (this one loads, because is on menu).

any suggestions?

I don't know andrej, and I can't look right now. Could you do it with css so that the last <li> of the menu is not displayed? Let me know and I will look when I can.
(2017-08-22, 02:01:45)Timbow Wrote:
(2017-08-20, 06:46:42)andrej.jerman Wrote: I'm trying to add a single page (not in the menu) that would be accessible via link in text of another single page (this one loads, because is on menu).

any suggestions?

I don't know andrej, and I can't look right now. Could you do it with css so that the last <li> of the menu is not displayed? Let me know and I will look when I can.

Thank's ... still havent found a way to get around the problem - I'm not an expert by any means, so no suprises thereSmile

The biggest problem I have is that I don't want all the (sub)sites to load at the beginning when web page loads ... Is there a simple way to change this? That "sub" pages would load after accessing it via menu?

The second problem I have is that I just can't get News Manager to work - it workes fine with other templates but no luck with this one - it opens as a blank page - the page seems to be unable to call actual "posts" managed by this plugin.

I hope I make senseSmile