Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iGetSimple iPhone version (Beta version available)
OK, did some testing on my own (as far as this goes without an actual iPhone). I have attached the image I’m basing my comments on to this post.

The first iPhone shows the page as it is rendered by a WebKit browser on the size of an iPhone. This also illustrates what I meant in my previous reply by horizontal scroll. Normally you wouldn’t expect a scrollbar on the bottom their.

At the second iPhone I turned on zooming, here it adapts the width of the page to match the width of the iPhone screen. As this forces the whole page to zoom and not just collapse the images in the header get fuzzy.

I think to fix this the page should be styled to take up 100% of the width of the device.

The third iPhone shows what apparently is the horizontal view? Is this a mistake of the program I am using or does it really only render a website this small on the iPhone? Because I can’t imagine that to be a good idea.

The same holds true for your other iPhone theme:
[Image: iphone2.png]

Now that I have this testing program I’ll take a go at this myself.

For those wondering, all snapshots have been taken with Marketcircle’s iPhoney.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!

Messages In This Thread
iGetSimple iPhone version (Beta version available) - by Zegnåt - 2009-10-30, 01:59:07