Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Website URL:
Hi,
I just setup GetSimple and it works great! It took a little while to feel my way through, but now think i have the hang of it.

Here is a problem I am having. I am at work right now and developing on my laptop. The IP I get here is 192.xxx.xxx.200. When I went home last night, my home router issued me an IP address of 10.xxx.xxx.2 and when I tried to hit my local Getsimple site, it took FOREVER to load and it was all jacked up. So then...before I panicked... I was able to go to admin Settings and looked at the Website URL: it told me to change it to 10.xxx.xxx.2 and all would be right. It worked fine! So...this morning when I came back to work all I had to do was change the website URL back to 192.xxx.xxx.200 and it worked fine.

So now i know what the problem looks like and know how to change it, its fine. But then a co worker went home and used a ip that had been port forward to the site. He saw the same issues....and when he went into the Website URL field, it basically told him to change the Website URL to our company's external IP and all would be well. We did not go that far and actually change it....but I am wondering how we can have our GetSimple website visible to both internal and external users????

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Website URL: - by calahanp - 2012-03-02, 08:50:07
Website URL: - by Connie - 2012-03-02, 18:04:24
Website URL: - by calahanp - 2012-03-02, 18:45:21
Website URL: - by hameau - 2012-03-02, 23:17:40
Website URL: - by shawn_a - 2012-03-03, 00:29:28