Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please add this feature!
OWS_Matthew Wrote:Within the page options all a person to say what type of a page this is, for say: I am creating a calendar page, then I would click a drop down and select calendar; then I would be able to finish setting the options. Also, when I have selected a page type it should display the settings for that plug-in instead of the CKEditor.
Well, plugins could write a checkbox to the edit page so you could activate them per page? Or you could use the custom fields plugin by Mike to create a dropdown box for your clients, or you could create an extra template that can already be selected on a page-per-page basis in a vanilla GetSimple installation by clients.

Maybe I’m missing something but I feel like there are lots of possibilities already?

OWS_Matthew Wrote:Once again a plug-in system is a great feature to add to this CMS but what good does it do if you can not install new plug-ins without an FTP program, clients should be able to add plug-ins the same as a developers.
I don’t know whether GetSimple should have this built-in to be fair, as we’re all about simple. But a plugin that does exactly this shouldn’t be hard to write. Guess you would like a remove button as well?

Some great ideas you have there, either for plugins or even for the core! Thanks~
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!

Messages In This Thread
Please add this feature! - by JWH_Matthew - 2010-02-22, 06:39:45
Please add this feature! - by Zegnåt - 2010-02-22, 08:21:34
Please add this feature! - by JWH_Matthew - 2010-02-22, 12:41:21
Please add this feature! - by ccagle8 - 2010-02-22, 13:05:56
Please add this feature! - by JWH_Matthew - 2010-02-22, 13:30:34