Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Customizing Navigation Menus
michaellindahl Wrote:Nice. Thanks a lot. I do have a couple of concerns. I'm not going to use any of the languages features of I18N so is there a way of hiding this ability? I don't want to see the language text in the Page Management window.

You might be able to hide these parts with CSS using the Custom Admin CSS plugin.

michaellindahl Wrote:It also would be really great if View All Pages tab and the Edit Navigation Structure tab was the same. The Navigation window is so clean its awesome. It just needs a filter button, which then shows the filter, an edit and remove button, and the Save button show only show up when the navigation structure has been changed.

This would be much too complex, if more than one language is used.

michaellindahl Wrote:Another issue I have found is when I create pages to create links I now have a blank page at the /link/ location. Is there anyway to prevent this? It would be great if navigating to that page would throw a 404 error.

Navigation to this page should redirect to the linked page, but there was an error that prevented it, if the I18N plugin was loaded before the I18N Custom Fields plugin. Download I18N version 3.0.4 and I18N Custom Fields version 1.8.2 - it should work now.

michaellindahl Wrote:Finally I have an additional question. Because I am using images for each of my page links I think it would be best to put them in a sprite. Is there easy way for me to be able to upload the images in the Edit Page area and then have the program add that image to a sprite and remember the location in the sprite when it goes to print the navigation menu? This would be really awesome if it was possible, but I'm thinking this is out of my league.

No, that's not possible now. Of course you could write a plugin... ;-)
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.

Messages In This Thread
Help with Customizing Navigation Menus - by sal - 2012-08-20, 14:10:46
Help with Customizing Navigation Menus - by sal - 2012-08-21, 16:50:33
Help with Customizing Navigation Menus - by sal - 2012-08-21, 16:57:06
Help with Customizing Navigation Menus - by sal - 2012-08-21, 17:09:13
Help with Customizing Navigation Menus - by mvlcek - 2012-08-23, 17:01:08