Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you (or your clients) pay for a plugin?
This is a question I’ve been pondering over then last couple of days.

I’m currently playing around with different options I need GetSimple to have for my site to work the way I want it to work. I’m pushing all of these into one big plugin. Obviously this takes quite some time to work out and I’m therefore thinking about possible sale possibilities.

Today I’ve been working on rendering the admin section (screenshot) for my plugin. I have to say, when you want to build something big you start to notice how hard it is to add pages to the back-end of the system without changing the core. I’ve still been able to keep myself restricted to the plugins folder only though.

The features I’m working on are news, RSS, contact form(s) and a guestbook. I’ve been thinking about comments, but I don’t know whether that’s plausible (yet).

Would you consider buying a massive plugin with an admin section that has been well thought about?
Or would you rather wait for individual plugins to become available for free and put those all in?
If you’re making a site for a client who doesn’t know the first thing about coding, would you throw a big all-handling plugin in there?

Of course the price range will not be near that of a whole site. Probably somewhere around €10 per site, maybe less if I actually find several buyers. And if it’s for a client you can just add that to the bill I guess.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!

Messages In This Thread
Would you (or your clients) pay for a plugin? - by Zegnåt - 2010-05-25, 06:47:06