Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
p01-contact : simply add contact forms in your pages
Quote:A visual form builder crossed my head, but there is a lot (lot) of work to do to reach my goal, before even starting to thinking to that. Maybe for v.20.0 ? Smile
(But you give me the idea to add a method who return a tag, to simply share)

I thought it's just the simplest method to offer a visual form builder, and current functionality.
Otherwise you'd have to develop a method to connect created form with existing page.
And just by storing created form as a tag in xml file, you can rebuild the form on the fly.

Going further with this solution, it would be awesome to provide a form tag with a dedicated ID, so every changes made to the form wouldn't force the user to change the tag on page(s) containing this form.

Quote:Some news :
These directions are so different that it will probably require a new name, documentation, topic... (For now I call it FormSimple Wink This is not even presentable for now, but if some of you are interested to testing it when it will, it will be with pleasure.
Simple Form Builder ?
Ohhh those are definitely good news Smile

If you provide a working alpha I'd like to try it out, as I'm designing currently a new website, and contact form is on todo list Smile
And I'd be happy to see form's output code, and maybe give you some hints or ideas.

First question is about validation: what method will you choose ?
1. jquery alert window
2. containers with allerts added to right or left of certain input window
3. cumulative container with all alerts generated above form inputs
edit: 4. change colours of labels (or input border) to for example red, but users would have to get a message to correct fields marked with red

Second goes to captcha:
Besides P01's 3 captcha solution ( img based, fieldcaptcha, and password) I'd like to ask you to consider an simple math (twentyone + 3 is: ) or organic, question based captcha solution.
There could be as well an user defined words array (minimum 10), and it would work the same as password solution (rewrite randomly chosen word in input field), or even better:
rewrite [randomly chosen number]'st/nd/rd/th (or last one?) word you wrote in 1st textfield <- basing on minimum allowed words

Quote:And so the current state of p01-contact will not be developed, if you see no objections.
If there were no problems or bugs with latest version - not to leave users on the ice - I see no contraindications to develop a more powerful form plugin.

Although allow creation of basic contact plugin as simple as possible.

Lookin forward for v2 Wink
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad

Messages In This Thread
askcopy syntax Not Working - by celextel - 2019-05-24, 01:54:40
RE: askcopy syntax Not Working - by celextel - 2019-05-28, 01:51:47
p01-contact : simply add contact forms in your pages - by yojoe - 2011-04-21, 13:38:47