Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
p01-contact : simply add contact forms in your pages
Hi all,

Thanks Carlos, p01-contact was already translated in spanish, but there will work to do for FormSimple Smile

yojoe Wrote:First question is about validation: what method will you choose ?
1. jquery alert window
2. containers with allerts added to right or left of certain input window
3. cumulative container with all alerts generated above form inputs
edit: 4. change colours of labels (or input border) to for example red, but users would have to get a message to correct fields marked with red
Like for p01-contact (the core is the same), i use hand-made php validation. I wan't use any external library, to be free and simple as possible.
About display, like p01-contact, a red star indicates what fields are required, and a small red sentence is displayed next to the field label to indicate what error happened (field empty and required or content not valid).
There is more html5 supports : if you use a modern browser it will ask you to fill the required fields.

But over all, I repeat than p01-contact or FormSimple create only the html structure. The styling is left to the user.

yojoe Wrote:Besides P01's 3 captcha solution ( img based, fieldcaptcha, and password) I'd like to ask you to consider an simple math (twentyone + 3 is: ) or organic, question based captcha solution.
There could be as well an user defined words array (minimum 10), and it would work the same as password solution (rewrite randomly chosen word in input field), or even better:
rewrite [randomly chosen number]'st/nd/rd/th (or last one?) word you wrote in 1st textfield <- basing on minimum allowed words
I agree. With the actual system, any developer can create this field and share it to the community.
The goal for official release is to have sufficient internal captchas and delete securimage from FormSimple bundle.

yojoe Wrote:Although allow creation of basic contact plugin as simple as possible.
Actually, the minimal tag to create a form who send a mail to targets defined in settings is :

Code:
(% sendmail form %)

Not too complex? Smile

FormSimple alpha :

As promised, here it is.
It's slightly bigger than p01-contact (actually it's more than 9000 lines, around of 1700 lines without configurations and translations files), but I hope as simple as it to use.

This alpha is only for beta testing and is not ready for deployment. There is probably a mountain of bugs and errors, and some (small, i think) functionalities are not implemented yet.

I have not had the time to explain the news (but the code is of course commented) or the orientations, so it's exploration time for now.
Later there will be phpdoc, code description and documentation.

Feel free to ask and report anything.

Good evening!

Messages In This Thread
askcopy syntax Not Working - by celextel - 2019-05-24, 01:54:40
RE: askcopy syntax Not Working - by celextel - 2019-05-28, 01:51:47
p01-contact : simply add contact forms in your pages - by p01 - 2011-04-27, 05:13:43