Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plugins NOT showing up in plugins tab
I have recently installed GS and also tried uploading the News Manager (Updated) plugin. This didn't show up in the plugins tab and I have been waiting over a week for a response to a question to Carlos in that plugins thread.

Since there has been no answer yet, I decided to try insdtalling another plugin, GS Blog 2018, and after downloading it, extracting it to a folder on my laptop, I proceeded to upload it to the GS installation plugins folder which is cms/plugins on the site I am trying to get this stuff working on.

The plugin did not appear in the plugins tab. This means there is something preventing plugins from appearing here. I need help with this as this is not covered anywhere that I can find.

The two default plugins that come with GS 3.3.16 do appear there, but not any that are uploaded.

The server is running PHP 7.2 and there are two issues when checking the health of the installation. Here they are:

Directory Permissions

File Name: /data/other/plugins.xml
0755 Writable - OK
/data/pages/
0755 Writable - OK
/data/other/
0755 Writable - OK
/data/other/logs/
0705 Not Writable - Error!
/data/thumbs/
0755 Writable - OK
/data/uploads/
0755 Writable - OK
/data/users/
0755 Writable - OK
/data/cache/
0755 Writable - OK
/backups/zip/
0755 Writable - OK
/backups/pages/
0755 Writable - OK
/backups/other/
0755 Writable - OK
/backups/users/
0705 Not Writable - Error!

When checking the folder permissions via FTP & the back office of the actual account on the server, all folder permissions were correctly set (i.e 0755) yet the script flagged the above.

How do I fix that? And is this the issue that is causing the problem of plugins not appearing in the pugins tab?

Messages In This Thread
Plugins NOT showing up in plugins tab - by judgedredd - 2020-09-01, 02:46:20