Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with page editing and saving
Hello!

I'm currently working on getting a website to work on my hosting provider. The website worked on localhost on my computer, but I've experienced several problems on this host.

1. After installing GetSimple, when trying to edit a page the CKE editor and the textarea do not show up, neither does the 'Save Changes' buttons. This I managed to solve by disabling the I18N Navigation plugin, although this problem does not appear on my localhost.

2. MAIN PROBLEM: When installing GetSimple on my webhost, if I try to edit a page on my clean install the sidebar does not show up (the 'Save Changes' button on the right as well as the menu'). The sidebar on all other admin pages does show up, and it shows up on my localhost version. There is a save changes button on the bottom of the page, and it works on my clean install. BUT, on my install with files copied from localhost, I can save changes made in the text, but if I try to edit the menu text the change does not appear on the website (although it shows the changed text next time I try to edit it).

So, say I open my page "Index", and change the menu text to "Indexx" and change the content from "Hi" to "Hi!", when I refresh the page the change in the content has taken place, but the menu text is still the same. If I try to edit the page again, it says "Indexx" as the menu text. I use the get_i18n_navigation() for the menu, so it could be due to that somehow.

I've tried disabling all plugins, but as I said, the sidebar doesn't even show up on a clean install. And enabling the I18N Navigation plugin does not make the menu text change. I've tried clean installs of the I18N plugin, but I just can' figure out why it's not working.

The page can be seen on http://www.hitisroddklubb.fi/ny

Messages In This Thread
Problem with page editing and saving - by Tazavoo - 2011-05-15, 01:41:26
Problem with page editing and saving - by mvlcek - 2011-05-15, 02:25:37
Problem with page editing and saving - by Tazavoo - 2011-05-15, 03:21:13
Problem with page editing and saving - by Connie - 2011-05-15, 03:25:32
Problem with page editing and saving - by Tazavoo - 2011-05-15, 03:48:05
Problem with page editing and saving - by mvlcek - 2011-05-15, 04:06:59
Problem with page editing and saving - by Tazavoo - 2011-05-15, 04:11:50
Problem with page editing and saving - by Tazavoo - 2011-05-16, 17:30:50
Problem with page editing and saving - by Connie - 2011-05-16, 18:47:05