Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Integrating PayPal's shopping cart with GetSimple
I think I understand you a little bit better now. Yes, the forms are in fact clearly visible in the HTML Source Code. That's why PayPal advises you to review orders before accepting funds (Your PayPal account should be set to Authorization, rather than Sale).

hameau Wrote:The alternatives are to either create the buttons using PayPal's tools (the link that you included in your post) or...

The link I included in my post to create buttons using PayPal produces the same exact output as that which is in the tutorial/guide. PayPal actually gives out the plain HTML code to publish on your site. This information is not encrypted, or encoded -- simply plain HTML.

There is in fact a way of producing buttons that are encoded. However this is not something which can be listed in a tutorial here, as the individual will have to actually "Save" the buttons they create to their PayPal account. (If you see step 8, the html form will not need encoding as the fields for the price, etc., will not be listed (thus they won't be able to be modified).

Here is how you can do that:
https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_...8A3I0O02UI

Unfortunately, the person has to create this themselves in their account.

Either way, the method I employed in the tutorial is the exact method that is given by PayPal's own button generator, as you will see in that link I provided:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr..._type=cart

Quote:Unprotected and non-encrypted buttons that are not saved in your PayPal account are in plain text in the source view of your webpages. The HTML button code for your payment buttons can be viewed by anyone. A malicious third party could copy a page, change button HTML variables such as price, and make fraudulent payments.

IMPORTANT: Merchants with significant payment volume are required to take precautions on securing PayPal Payment Standard buttons.

Messages In This Thread
Integrating PayPal's shopping cart with GetSimple - by jyoz22 - 2012-04-16, 17:34:07