Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GS Steps theme
richardpd Wrote:Thanks yojoe

I'm pleased to hear you are confident about GetSimple security.
Blog/website security is so important & critical.
I'm using this CMS for almost 2 yrs. If it wasn't good enough, I wouldn't Wink
From other pov don't forget GS main purpose: simplicity.
This is a nosql, flat file driven CMS for small<>mid weight(if somebody got skills) websites.
And there's not many things to secure. Mostly user data, and page files - not to find out one day, a huge "enlarge your penis" link on your homepage Wink

Quote:My blog at www.richard-dickinson.com is a subdomain itself so I'm not sure how your suggestions would work for me but it is good to know the setup you use to demo sites.
It can't be a subdomain since you host the same content under richard-dickinson.com (with and without www prefix).
gs.richard-dickinson.com would be a subdomain.
As it goes for demo purposes, it's just that I hold mine template in a subdirectory.
I'm planning to develop at least one more theme, and the subdomain address will hold a small splashscreen with links to those templates.

It's just a matter of taste. Some users offer demo sites under theme.domain.tld, but I need to keep order in my web_attic, and it's full of wierd things Wink

Quote:What screen size & resolution are you using? The background wood image looks fine to me on my desktop monitor (I have 17" monitor and 1280 x1024 res). I hoped my color scheme was complimentary and with good contrast for the text areas (seems clearly readable to me!). Probably I should stick to one font face (sans serif).
There are 3 some kind of borders counting from woodden background till page content.
Those "borders" have different width, and their size isn't decreaseing the nearer the content they are.
That distracts a bit.
But! Those are my personal feelings Wink

btw. did you notice that sidebar's left border is shorter than on the right side ?
Is this intentional ?

Quote:The header and footer areas are customisable by the user (including the user editing Sliderman.js slider or even using another slider!). I should probably post the ReadMe.txt here somewhere to help users.
Try with placing slider above page's content (same width), opposite to its current placement and width of sidebar.This way user can set up a page's excerpt above the sidebar, and whole main page structure (slideshow + page content) will stay in one column.

Quote:Glad you liked the header! Thank you very much for your constructive criticism. As I said earlier I found the whole exercise of designing & developing this theme fun & interesting & challenging and it all adds to my design and development experience and gives a different type of theme to GetSimple repository!
I've also learned couple things while developing a theme.
And as you said, every constructive criticism shreds new light on things we do.
Of course only if we want to listen Wink
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad

Messages In This Thread
GS Steps theme - by richardpd - 2012-04-15, 00:01:30
GS Steps theme - by yojoe - 2012-04-15, 00:46:55
GS Steps theme - by m1k3y - 2012-04-15, 02:12:34
GS Steps theme - by richardpd - 2012-04-15, 03:37:52
GS Steps theme - by yojoe - 2012-04-15, 09:21:03
GS Steps theme - by richardpd - 2012-04-15, 19:05:43
GS Steps theme - by richardpd - 2012-04-15, 21:56:22
GS Steps theme - by richardpd - 2012-04-16, 03:16:54
GS Steps theme - by yojoe - 2012-04-16, 05:27:38