Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get Simple Content
Honestly the biggest adons/ plugins I would like to see become a part of the get simple core are.

1. The ability to add meta descriptions in every page
2. Integrated search that will search every bit of content regardless of plugin even if it was just a script to build search results and it just saved all the content like a sort of search index. The search plugins I have found are extremely limited or just useful for searching the specific plugins content.
3. Complete site map creation including posted content
4. Would really like to see a form of catagory/posting system built in that could be Breadcrumbed, im not talking a full out blogging engine just posting that could be defined as News but be treated roughly like pages, Something like the News manager plugin but could list the Recent posts in the side bar. Something basic and simple that could hold Meta keywords and descriptions for each post. Using plugins for those just makes me feel like the site runs an integrity collapse risk.

If the News Manager dev would fix the Plushed date not showing problem I would probably just try and go with it oppose to the GS blog ive settled on which has errors of its own.

Really if there was a way to take everything sNews does at the core level for pages, posting, search site map, archive and be able to do something similar with Get Simple even if its just some extra template tags that would need to be added to build the pages.

I only mention sNews because of its incredibly small package but it pushes out one of the most seo optimized web sites I have ever worked with. Im actually doing a .com and .net site both colored differently but having the same content one just running Get Simple the other sNews. Going to be somewhat of a comparison for me and my clients.

Side note. I really hate Wordpress because every designer I come across barks about it like its a new incarnation of Jesus himself yet when I see them design they have to take an already built template and push there little modifications in and then they claim it to be there own work and actually charge there own customers hundreds of dollars for it. Plus every training ad I ever seen for it emphasizes no php knowledge required but I have yet to watch any of the videos where they do not use php just as much as html just to get a loop to work.

And the only simple part of Wordpress posting to the blog or making a page any option beyond either of those sparks so many questions from customers it has a tendency to make me regret ever using it.

Messages In This Thread
Get Simple Content - by bhwebco - 2012-12-07, 06:53:19
RE: Get Simple Content - by yojoe - 2012-12-07, 07:35:27
RE: Get Simple Content - by shovenose - 2012-12-07, 14:09:27
RE: Get Simple Content - by bhwebco - 2012-12-07, 16:39:18
RE: Get Simple Content - by shovenose - 2012-12-08, 00:23:41
RE: Get Simple Content - by shawn_a - 2012-12-08, 00:37:52
RE: Get Simple Content - by JWH_Matthew - 2012-12-08, 00:39:23
RE: Get Simple Content - by bhwebco - 2012-12-08, 01:22:23
RE: Get Simple Content - by mvlcek - 2012-12-08, 01:57:18
RE: Get Simple Content - by bhwebco - 2012-12-08, 03:55:37
RE: Get Simple Content - by shawn_a - 2012-12-08, 14:44:54