Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Crowdsourcing language translations
"If you author a lang file and want us to add it, let us know."

The point of github is anyone can click edit and fix up or add missing translations, or click new file and add a new language and copy the default in and start translating it, it can be done a little at a time, by anyone that wants to ( thats what crowdsource means ), and it has full revision history so admins can revert or merge and keep track of changes and things that need adding.

There is no download, hosting, local editor hassle. Its all right there all the time.

You don't have to do anything. But I would like to get some languages in there, if anyone wants to donate theirs, we will stick their attribution in the file so they get credit, and then people can keep it updated for new releases.

This will also let us track authors and if we want to add more default languages to core, we can credit them.

If anyone want to argue over the semantics of a string , they can create an issue and discuss it until there is a consensus, then the fix can be tied to the discussion.

Just trying to get language source controlled like code is, for the betterment of everyone.

Maybe someone can create a guide.

I can add in requested languages also, into a new branch and then when its done move it into a stable branch, so in progress files are kept seperate.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix

Messages In This Thread
Crowdsourcing language translations - by shawn_a - 2013-01-18, 07:19:49
RE: Crowdsourcing language translations - by shawn_a - 2013-04-30, 23:23:35