Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOLVED 500 Internal server error on re-install
I've been running GS for some time, and everything was fine.

I then fiddled around with the Grill theme, which installed way too much stuff that I didn't want to have. I probably deleted something that I shouldn't have and messed up my whole GS installation.

I therefore tried to re-install GS today, for several times (before that, I completely wiped all files from my webspace). I've downloaded the latest version from here, but everytime I try to access the admin folder to perform an install, I get a 500 internal server error.

I've checked the Apache access log and all it returns is
Code:
xx.x.xx.xx - - [04/Dec/2014:08:53:30 +0100] "GET /admin/install.php HTTP/1.1" 500 618 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/37.0.2062.120 Safari/537.36" xxx-xxx.com

I've already checked the admin and data folders have correct permissions and CHMODed them recursively as has been suggested. There is no .htaccess file before installation, at least not in the root folder, so I assume it cannot be due to this.

Any ideas what else I could check? I am a bit at a loss what to do. Everything was working fine until yesterday, and I have no idea what is happening.

Messages In This Thread
500 Internal server error on re-install - by sontom - 2014-12-04, 18:24:27