Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FrixelOne Link Color
Hello!
I am the developer of the Frixel One theme and would be more than happy to help you with this.

The theme is based on a responsive framework called Bootstrap. To allow future Bootstrap updates in the future and ensure compatibility with any Bootstrap addons you might want to use in the future, don't edit Bootstrap's files including CSS and javascript.

The CSS file you'll want to edit is css/stylesheet.css

If you wanted to change the color of the header text which is a link (unless you use the logo instead as per header.php) you could do this for example (see example below) where #FFFFFF is the color. You can replace this with any other color.

You can use the color picker in a program like Paint.net (this is a free program for Windows that will help you with image manipulation and colors when working on stuff). Alternatively you could get them from any website, like:
http://www.color-hex.com/

However just because it's easier to read I recommend making all the letters in the color code capital so rather than like 1c1c1c you'd wanna do 1C1C1C. This doesn't affect the color it's just a personal preference.

In the example I've put below it will affect the .hdrlink element which in the Frixel One theme is the header text. But you should be able to style the links in the content area with .container (just put that instead of .hdrlink).

The HTML element "a" is for a link. However in the example below I'm styling a:hover,a:active,a:visited as well, though it's optional. The text-decoration: none removes the underline. If you want to keep the underline for links (which you probably want for your content) just remove that line from the example below. By the way, I added !important because it overrides Bootstrap's default styles.

Code:
.hdrlink a,a:hover,a:active,a:visited {
  color: #FFFFFF;
  text-decoration: none !important;
}

Regarding changing the color of the text currently it's #333333 which is a very dark gray. I've attached a picture comparing it to black. If you want to change the color of the text you can add something like this to stylesheet.css in the css folder as well.

Code:
.container p {
    color: #000000;
}

Anyway if this does not work for you or you have any further questions, just ask Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
FrixelOne Link Color - by Didier9 - 2015-01-11, 23:53:07
RE: FrixelOne Link Color - by frixelsolutions - 2015-01-12, 07:08:53
RE: FrixelOne Link Color - by Didier9 - 2015-01-12, 09:19:01
RE: FrixelOne Link Color - by Didier9 - 2015-01-12, 09:33:18
RE: FrixelOne Link Color - by frixelsolutions - 2015-01-12, 09:45:57
RE: FrixelOne Link Color - by Didier9 - 2015-01-12, 10:00:29
RE: FrixelOne Link Color - by frixelsolutions - 2015-01-12, 10:34:59