Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION (Honest) Thoughts for a website conversion
Hi,
I'm currently thinking of changing CMS for my website. I already explored GS, even built a "proof-of-concept" website with fake content just to test. I didn't get major problems but it used only main core.
My website is currently consisting of ~50 pages (in 2 languages, so 100 pages) + 200 "pages" for news articles. It's mostly text with images/videos and also gallery images and a glossary.

My questions :
- how stable and easy to use is the multilingual plugin? Is it well maintained and well integrated to core? Does it provide a way to translate some strings and re-use them in pages? Does it is integrated with news plugin or with design template?
- Does it will be better to try to convert my design or restart with something else?
- Does someone experienced a conversion? I'm more upset for news. Does, if I find a way to convert them to xml, it will be recognize by GS?
- Do beginners and non-professionals get (friendly) helped on forums?
- Does GS changes a lot between major revision update? In others words, do we have to change our website because of updates?

I'm conscious my questions are too large to be answered precisely. But I'm looking for opinions to decide if the conversion will worth the work.
Thanks
Mélanie

PS In case, you want to see : my website

Messages In This Thread
(Honest) Thoughts for a website conversion - by mel47 - 2016-01-31, 13:19:53