Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROBLEM Upgraded to 3.3.8 CKEditor Won't Display HTML Editor
Shawn,

I did not see this hint when I updated GS 3.3.8 to 3.3.9

"This is a major ckeditor upgrade, existing editoroptions and customconfigs may need to be updated or removed, check ckeditor/config.js for updates

#1137 update ckeditor to latest (4.5.7), also adds codesnippet and autogrow cke plugins"

When was this added?

I always read the informations in the WIKI, "Upgrading to the Latest Version of GetSimple", in case there are some news which should be taken into consideration
there is no info on this topic in the WIKI, only information: "After uploading open yoursite.com/admin to complete the upgrade. "

So this is not enought!!!

the info from http://get-simple.info/changelog/ should be added to the WIKI !!!!

Let me see:

1)
I checked "my old" gsconfig.php and it says:

# WYSIWYG toolbars (advanced, basic or [custom config])
#define('GSEDITORTOOL', 'advanced');

so my above posting was wrong, but my configuration was right ;=)

2)
the problem with the missing skin in "define('GSEDITOROPTIONS', " derives therefrom that the skin seems to be incompatible,
I have 4 different skins in the folder /admin/template/js/ckeditor/skins

So what is the conclusion?

As always: Lacking documentation.
The information "This is a major ckeditor upgrade, existing editoroptions and customconfigs may need to be updated or removed" is not satisfying at all as I can't remember to have seen it when upgrading

a major ckeditor upgrade is more than a version step from 3.3.8 to version 3.3.9
I would expect a switch to version 3.4 in such a case

And  I would expect to have information in the documentation / changelog (which is not included in the install package) / forum announcements.

I think no one tested an advanced configuration with the new version, and the expression "may need to be updated or removed"" is  a reinsurance in case something goes wrong....

it went wrong
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgraded to 3.3.8 CKEditor Won't Display HTML Editor - by Connie - 2016-04-22, 16:12:40