Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROBLEM Child Menus
Can someone please point me to some documentation or examples of how the menus are _supposed_ to work.

I want (for example) under the menu item "About" to have three pages. One is the basic "About" for the company - this should link directly from the menu bar. The other two are pages for each of the principals - "Fred" and "Barnie" and they should be children of "About".

For the "About" page I selected <No Parent> and "Add to menu". So far so good - it appears in the menu bar. I then set "Fred" to have "About"  as its parent.

If I then select "Add to menu" it doesn't appear as a sub menu item but rather appears on the main menu bar. OK - so I deselect "Add to menu" and refresh the page. There is now no menu item for "Fred" at all.

If I go back and select "Add to menu" again - but change the page's priority to be 1 higher than its parent page - whoopppeee - a little down arrow appears on the "About" menu item and "Fred" is correctly positioned as a child item.

That joy is short-lived however. If I make the same change to "Barnie" the page is not added as a child to the "About" menu item but rather appears as a separate main menu item AND - to make matters worse - "Fred" is now a child of both "About" and "Barnie" which makes no sense to me. I have tried setting the priority to the same value as "Fred" - I have tried it one higher - no difference.

I understand that I can get other menuing plugins - but I just want to get an understanding of the basics before moving on.

Can somebody point me in the right direction please.

Messages In This Thread
Child Menus - by JonBoy49 - 2017-03-17, 00:44:09
RE: Child Menus - by shawn_a - 2017-03-17, 02:43:27
RE: Child Menus - by JonBoy49 - 2017-03-19, 05:04:29
RE: Child Menus - by Timbow - 2017-03-19, 08:41:56
RE: Child Menus - by JonBoy49 - 2017-03-19, 12:22:56
RE: Child Menus - by Timbow - 2017-03-20, 22:14:32