Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic Noob Question
Sorry if this has been answered. I've been looking through but cannot find the answer.

I'm trying to do a mega menu for my new GS site. That's my goal. I understand that in GS you can use the get_navigation function to build out the navigation. However, I'm adding pages in the admin and child pages under those but the child pages only return as parent pages. Did I miss something?

Why is this option (page parent) in the admin if it doesn't return it. Baffled. Perhaps there is a snippet I've missed? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!
Lance

Solved....I18N Smile I still wonder why its there in the admin section. Oh well. This plugin seems to do the trick.
you are right, you found the trick ;=)

now enjoy GetSimple!
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
(2013-05-18, 16:14:00)Connie Wrote: you are right, you found the trick ;=)

now enjoy GetSimple!

I'm definitely enjoying it Smile, however, why is that option in the admin if it does not build it out w/o the use the il8n plugin? Just curious.

many thanks!!!
Lance
You'd need to get familiar with GS history.
Basically GS offers only 1lvl flat menu.
Nesting pages showed up with v.3 if I remember correctly, but get_navigation function has never been updated to offer advanced navigation functions. But since GS got a nice caching functions, there is a way to create own menu structure basing on it. So if you want to create whole menu in your own way, just look for examples in forums.
There is also an old childmenu plugin. It still should work, althought I haven't touched it for long time, since i18n provides all fancy things one would ever imagine Wink
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
Yeah we really need to get input on this going forward, I know we have new menu systems and configurator planned for 3.3, but it is not progressing yet.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Thanks! I was just curious. I think over time as I come here more and more I will understand why things happen or don't happen. I saw on 'show us your GS site' a member did the mega menu - so it can be done.

I was able to implement the il8n plugin and get child menu items to print out on the front-end. All i need now is to do some nice styling. thanks for input and help mems!!!
Yes our goto answer is i18n menu! it does anything, i use its custom component method to generate the bootstrap menus on my site.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2013-05-23, 02:25:37)shawn_a Wrote: Yes our goto answer is i18n menu! it does anything, i use its custom component method to generate the bootstrap menus on my site.

Well I thank you all for the input. Try getting that on a Drupal site. Smile JKBig Grin