Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Single Page Innovation
Carlos provided some code ages ago for the basis of a single page site in GetSimple with which you could create pages and put them in the menu in the normal way. Here it is all working in the default Innovation Theme.

There is still an oddity in the whitespace which I have been unable to pin down: Between clicking on the site title and the menu link for the first page the height of the page content shifts slightly. If anyone can see why I would love to know.

Demo Site for OnePage Innovation

OnePage Innovation Theme in Extend

To Use the theme:
  1. Activate the theme
  2. Make Custom Permalink #%slug%
  3. Take the index/Home page out of the Menu
  4. Make some new pages in the normal way
The reason you remove the index page from the menu is that the menu items are all anchors on the page and the page will scroll smoothly to each one. The menu item for the index page points to the site root so if you use it (which you can) the navigation won't scroll nicely back to Home.
I have jut seen that the horizontal scrolling is a bit wrong. I will fix it, but not necessarily today.
is there any option to disable the absolute links? on one page sites are not running script bootstrap-scrollspy.js
(2013-10-07, 18:45:45)Oleg06 Wrote: is there any option to disable the absolute links? on one page sites are not running script bootstrap-scrollspy.js

sorry Oleg, I don't understand. What links? What is bootstrap-scrollspy.js ?

This theme is just something I did quickly for fun when I had some free time. I don't honestly know if it is up to standard.
is it possible to come up with some function, that to link in the menu are relative, not absolute.
http://getbootstrap.com/javascript/#scrollspy

I'm trying to do LandingPage
(2013-04-09, 01:38:16)Timbow Wrote: To Use the theme:
  1. Make Custom Permalink #%slug%
  2. Take the index/Home page out of the Menu
The reason you remove the index page from the menu is that the menu items are all anchors on the page and the page will scroll smoothly to each one. The menu item for the index page points to the site root so if you use it (which you can) the navigation won't scroll nicely back to Home.

I'm newbie with GetSimple . So I'm asking some help .

Quote:[*]Make Custom Permalink #%slug%

How to do that ? Can you direct where I must correct code ?

Quote:[*]Take the index/Home page out of the Menu

Which file I must correct and where ?

Many thanks in advance !
Quote:[*]Make Custom Permalink #%slug%

How to do that ? Can you direct where I must correct code ?

ans Admin - Settings - there is a box for 'Custom Permalink Structure'

Quote:[*]Take the index/Home page out of the Menu

Which file I must correct and where ?

ans Admin - Pages - Select the Index Page for editing then Page Options and uncheck 'Add This Page to Menu'

Many thanks in advance !
[/quote]

Good luck. I see I never fixed the horizontal scroll issue.
(2013-11-22, 22:52:50)Timbow Wrote: ans Admin - Settings - there is a box for 'Custom Permalink Structure'

ans Admin - Pages - Select the Index Page for editing then Page Options and uncheck 'Add This Page to Menu'

Good luck. I see I never fixed the horizontal scroll issue.

Thanks ! Now I'm seeing all as expected . Fine theme !
Hi Timbow

Mvlek has done a OnePage plugin  here   

I was wanting to use Carlos’ code as you have in your Onepage theme, but for me I need Multi-languages. As it stands  Carlos’code has problems with multilang and plugins such as i18n_gallery which need setting up in the header <head>.  After asking mvlek about this, he did this OnePage plugin, which solves these problems .. Not so important if you don’t need  multi-lang or galleries .

BUT the other advantage of Mvlek‘s plugin is that  … you don’t need to do anything in the Backend  …

a.  Just leave the custom Permalink field blank  ..  you don’t need to define #%slug%  as this is done automatically in the plugin

b.  You can use page ‘index’ as normal

Give it a try   Cheers Aldebaran