Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
News Manager (updated)
Hi.
I have excerpt length as 50. On website I have only excerpts, not full posts. Is possible to have text "read more" under line, when excerpt is finish? I want to click on this text (read more) and get all post. Now I must click on title.
Is possible to do this?

And another problem.
I used this plugin on my website with Pages and comments plugin.
Now I have a problem.
How I get collaborate with this two plugins?
On page, where I have my posts, I add pages and comments plugin. But comments I have under all posts, not under one post.
Is possible to add this plugin under one post?

Regards,
Przemek
Zdravim vsechny!
(2013-11-18, 01:15:26)kasztelan Wrote: I have excerpt length as 50. On website I have only excerpts, not full posts. Is possible to have text "read more" under line, when excerpt is finish? I want to click on this text (read more) and get all post. Now I must click on title.
Is possible to do this?

Not in current stable version, but it will be possible in 2.5, which has a setting for this. It's currently in beta, you can test it if you wish.

As for Pages & Comments integration, I was going to tell you it's not currently possible, but I just read cumbe's reply about a patch to P&C that seems to do the trick.
(2013-11-18, 03:22:01)Carlos Wrote: Not in current stable version, but it will be possible in 2.5, which has a setting for this. It's currently in beta, you can test it if you wish.

As for Pages & Comments integration, I was going to tell you it's not currently possible, but I just read cumbe's reply about a patch to P&C that seems to do the trick.
Thanks for answer.
I'll be waiting for next version.
Zdravim vsechny!
Thank you for the work on the news manager plugin and keeping it up to date.

I've installed the updated version, but I am having difficulty with one thing. I do not see any news posts in search results.

I tried a search on the forum for a solution but did not find anything regarding the news manager and search configuration.

How do I make it so that i18NSearch parses news posts and includes them in search results?

Thank you.
News Manager posts are not pages, so they are not indexed by I18N Search, which -in principle- just works with GS normal pages.

So it's not currently possible, but it could be done - see my comment about this:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...4#pid40674
I just uploaded my old News Manager CreatePost companion plugin to Extend.
Download: http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/new...epost/737/
Support thread: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=3972
carlos can you read this and give me your input
https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpleCMS/issues/705
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2013-11-18, 03:22:01)Carlos Wrote:
(2013-11-18, 01:15:26)kasztelan Wrote: I have excerpt length as 50. On website I have only excerpts, not full posts. Is possible to have text "read more" under line, when excerpt is finish? I want to click on this text (read more) and get all post. Now I must click on title.
Is possible to do this?

Not in current stable version, but it will be possible in 2.5, which has a setting for this. It's currently in beta, you can test it if you wish.

I have always wonder how to do the trick. Gotta try that, thanks for your response Smile I hate external commenting systems as they have no benefits for SEO

Thanks for this answer! Smile finally another thing how to enhance my site
Tomáš Janeček - Multilingual personal website powered by GetSimple
» The little I did for GetSimple
Great Carlos,
I installed your post shortcut plugin and it work wonderfully.
it's really useful, thanks.

(2013-11-23, 22:06:00)Carlos Wrote: I just uploaded my old News Manager CreatePost companion plugin to Extend.
Download: http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/new...epost/737/
Support thread: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=3972
My website made with GetSimple CMS is

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

An indipendent website about Italian Contemporary Visual Arts
(2013-10-23, 03:22:37)TeeJay Wrote: But yeah, I would also appreciate if I could add something better to the og:description tag, not just a text which is the same for every GS page.

Carlos, it would be nice if you could create a variable that would include the content of the excerpt for each post. These tags would make much more sense right after Smile
Having also a variable for a post's image (including its path ideally), it would be ever greater.

New function/tag nm_post_excerpt already available in development version, ready for next beta.

Currently working on another function for post image URLs.

(2013-10-23, 03:22:37)TeeJay Wrote: However there might be some troubles with this due to the resize function - I'm not sure about it, depends if the image is resized just once and then permanently stored or resized more often - I don't really know.

Resized images are cached and stored in data/thumbs/ (by a slightly modified version of mvlcek's pic.php script from I18N CF/SP)
I've recently been using this plugin, and its great! I was wondering if anyone can help me with is there some code to only show posts with certain tags?

Page 1: only show posts with 'blue' tag
Page 2: only show posts with 'red' tag

and so on.

I tried reading through all the pages of this topic but I didn't find a solution. Any help would be appreciated a lot. Thank you.
(2013-12-05, 01:13:21)Carlos Wrote: New function/tag nm_post_excerpt already available in development version, ready for next beta.

Currently working on another function for post image URLs.

Resized images are cached and stored in data/thumbs/ (by a slightly modified version of mvlcek's pic.php script from I18N CF/SP)

This is really nice of you that you're still working hard silently in the background.
I have so many plans with them, facebook sharing will finally work with corresponding pics and the description will be also always different, according to the description.

By a coincidence, after a long time, I'm at work right now working on another GetSimple website, where News Manager is used to show references of successful projects for some construction company Smile this is how useful it is.

Looking forward for next beta, I'd love to update my site during Christmas - Open Graph with your new functions for FB, commenting system that you linked to above and also a new webdesign as I'm getting more and more visitors.

Thanks that you're still being a busy bee Smile
(2013-12-05, 03:26:25)newdeepdan Wrote: I've recently been using this plugin, and its great! I was wondering if anyone can help me with is there some code to only show posts with certain tags?

Page 1: only show posts with 'blue' tag
Page 2: only show posts with 'red' tag

and so on.

I tried reading through all the pages of this topic but I didn't find a solution. Any help would be appreciated a lot. Thank you.

D.O. posted a tip, a way to do this (if I have understood well)

Code:
<?php
  if (return_page_slug()=='page-1') nm_show_tag('blue');
  if (return_page_slug()=='page-2') nm_show_tag('red');
?>
(in your template, after or before get_page_content, or in a component to be called in the template)

Depending on how many pages/tags you want to use, it could be done in some different way (instead of using lots of ifs)

There's an issue if you use other plugin shortcodes (DynPages, galleries, etc.) in your posts - shortcodes will not be processed in those pages. [edited: tag pages use excerpts, so shortcodes are removed]

nm_show_tag() is really an internal function, not intended for use in templates or components, but this works.
Hi,

I have question how to put list of latest news in my main index page instead sidebar. I have index page with general information about site and one image and I would like put blow this follow content:

Latest news:
* Title first news
* title next news

During edit index page I can switch to HTML mode editor and put
<?php nm_list_recent(); ?>
but after wirte i have
<!---?php nm_list_recent(); ?---!>
and don't display list of title news
(2013-12-06, 19:37:40)geotravel Wrote: Hi,

I have question how to put list of latest news in my main index page instead sidebar. I have index page with general information about site and one image and I would like put blow this follow content:

Latest news:
* Title first news
* title next news

During edit index page I can switch to HTML mode editor and put
<?php nm_list_recent(); ?>
but after wirte i have
<!---?php nm_list_recent(); ?---!>
and don't display list of title news

You cannot insert PHP code in a page's content (you can use the DynPages plugin to get them from components using shortcodes)

To do what you need, you can edit your template, find the <?php get_page_content(); ?> tag, and below that, insert:

Code:
<?php if (return_page_slug()=='index') nm_list_recent(); ?>
Thank you very much, working very well :-)

(2013-12-06, 19:40:30)Carlos Wrote: To do what you need, you can edit your template, find the <?php get_page_content(); ?> tag, and below that, insert:

Code:
<?php if (return_page_slug()=='index') nm_list_recent(); ?>
News Manager 2.5 beta 14 attached to this post.

- new template tags/functions nm_tag_list, nm_post_excerpt, nm_post_image_url, nm_post_has_image, nm_is_home
- new optional custom settings: tagseparator, markuptitle, markuppost
- some changes in optional gsconfig settings, dropped support for nm-* components
- updated some translations
- small fixes
Full info here

(see what was new in beta 13)

Thanks to TeeJay, D.O. and everyone else for your ideas and suggestions.

As always, feedback is very much appreciated. Please report any issue you find.

[attachment removed: news_manager-2.5-beta14.zip (Downloads: 32)]
(2013-12-08, 03:47:19)Carlos Wrote: News Manager 2.5 beta 14 attached to this post.

Full info here

Wow, you're doing better than expected Smile

I appreciate that you work on the things that we desire.

All the changes with images - great, and adding the conditional "nm_post_has_image" is a nice bonus to prevent 404s that I didn't think of. With nm_post_excerpt ensures nice possibilities for Open Graph protocol and FaceBook sharing. The tag list is making me think of using the tags just to fill the sidebar. And the template tag/function nm_is_home() will help me deal with the comment system I'm gonna implement during Christmas, great Smile

Looking forward to trying that on weekend, got to study a lot now for credits and pre-exams. You can think about creating categories and main news pages for each category (or a set of multiple categories) if you find yourself bored - I guess you don't Wink

Just thank you, it's such a progress for another beta release.
Carlos
YOU ARE AWESOME
News manager is super!

i have a couple questions:

it can be placed only on one pages.. but.. what when some one want to have a two or 3 different news with site's (category or something).. now i can have one news manager and i can use it in one page.
sory about my language... i'm from poland. Get Simlple is a very brilliant cms, and it have the potential. image in news is very good idea. Thank You! can u do a uploader for this adds in news add page.

super-programmers should create a plugin what will uploaded images in editing the page area, not just by the "files". it is not very intuitive. one more time thank You!!!!! Get simple! I like it !!!
user plugin: scroll to top
Hermano, I think we only say THANKS to YOU...
Well I am gonna test it later I am very curious
I bet it's SUPERB... the problem is that I will test it on another
site cause I modified ur NM for the zine www.Partenope.org and ur NM addons... Take a look Wink

(2013-12-08, 03:47:19)Carlos Wrote: News Manager 2.5 beta 14 attached to this post.

- new template tags/functions nm_tag_list, nm_post_excerpt, nm_post_image_url, nm_post_has_image, nm_is_home
- new optional custom settings: tagseparator, markuptitle, markuppost
- some changes in optional gsconfig settings, dropped support for nm-* components
- updated some translations
- small fixes
Full info here

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

I have sacrificed a while to implement the news beta version and...? It's working great Wink

I just had to add a conditional content for facebook likes and comments in the template instead of using the nm-single-bottom components, but that doesn't matter at all when there are these nice function to ensure everything's right.
Code:
<?php if ((return_page_slug()=='clanky') && !(nm_is_home())) { ?>
... content shown in the posts only ...
<?php } ?>

The OpenGraph implementation is now a piece of cake.
If the post image exist, I have two images to choose from, if not, just the second one. The same with description, if it's a post what I'm sharing, share it's excerpt, otherwise it's a page so I share its excerpt.
Code:
<?php if (nm_post_has_image()) { ?>
<meta property="og:image" content="<?php nm_post_image_url(300,300,1); ?>">
<?php } ?>  
<meta property="og:image" content="<?php get_theme_url(); ?>/images/facebook-300-300.png">    
<meta property="og:description" content="<?php nm_post_excerpt(225) or get_page_excerpt(225); ?>">

[Image: fb-sharing.png]

And the last great point - H1 on the post detail, H2 on the main news page. That's how it's supposed to be Smile

Thank you once again - works flawlessly. I guess you have enough points what you can work on if you ever feel bored Smile
(2013-12-16, 03:02:48)TeeJay Wrote:
Code:
<?php if ((return_page_slug()=='clanky') && !(nm_is_home())) { ?>
... content shown in the posts only ...
<?php } ?>

You can do it like:

Code:
<?php if (nm_is_single()) { ?>

Nice to know new tags and settings are working for you.

BTW, I removed those nm-bottom* components, but in next beta there will be a similar thing (it's already in the development version) - a couple custom settings to load the component you wish (componentbottompost and componentafterpost)
@D.O.

Your site is looking very nice, it's good to see what can be done with these plugins and a bit of code.

Of course you shouldn't use new NM versions in your production site before checking in another test site. Even more in this case, as they're beta versions.

BTW I have to update NM Addons to make it work with current beta image support, as this has been changed in the latest versions.
(2013-12-15, 01:00:05)xxdex Wrote: it can be placed only on one pages.. but.. what when some one want to have a two or 3 different news with site's (category or something).. now i can have one news manager and i can use it in one page.

"Multisite" or "multiblog" is on the roadmap (that is, planned for the future). Actually it's one of the most important things to me, but I want to finish some other stuff before I start working on that...

(2013-12-15, 01:00:05)xxdex Wrote: super-programmers should create a plugin what will uploaded images in editing the page area, not just by the "files". it is not very intuitive. one more time thank You!!!!! Get simple! I like it !!!

Yes, it would be very handy. I suggested this for GetSimple itself. If it gets added to GS (or some other plugin) I will probably reuse it in News Manager (as I'm doing with other image-related stuff). If not, I will try to do it myself, when I have the time.
Aww too kind Partenope needs to grow up another bit
As soon I will post my modifications to ur addons
so u can advice me how to update it
And let's me say again,,, Great work bro!

(2013-12-16, 03:37:31)Carlos Wrote: @D.O.

Your site is looking very nice, it's good to see what can be done with these plugins and a bit of code.

Of course you shouldn't use new NM versions in your production site before checking in another test site. Even more in this case, as they're beta versions.

BTW I have to update NM Addons to make it work with current beta image support, as this has been changed in the latest versions.

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu