Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Menu Manager broke in 3.3.0
Hi, I'm new to this forum but have been using Get Simple for a while.

I've noticed that when using Menu Manager in 3.3.0 it doesn't save the correct order of items once you have re-ordered them.

It this a known bug?

Thanks

Ade
Issue confirmed.

It seems it does save the menu order the first time. When you reorder the second time it doesn't save that (with the message on top that changes have been saved). reloading doesn't work eather, you have to move away from the menu manager and come back to be able to do an edit again.

Tested system: Win7, Chrome
(2014-02-03, 21:11:42)datiswous Wrote: Issue confirmed.

It seems it does save the menu order the first time. When you reorder the second time it doesn't save that (with the message on top that changes have been saved). reloading doesn't work eather, you have to move away from the menu manager and come back to be able to do an edit again.

Tested system: Win7, Chrome

Interestingly enough it does seem to work when using the I18n plugin. Just tried it on Chrome and works without a prob.
(2014-02-03, 23:02:04)Draxeiro Wrote: Interestingly enough it does seem to work when using the I18n plugin. Just tried it on Chrome and works without a prob.
Are you sure it actually worked so that it is changed on the page-view? I tested it with the I18n plugin, but it gives you the info (in admin) that it works, but in reality order doesn't change.
(2014-02-03, 23:48:20)datiswous Wrote:
(2014-02-03, 23:02:04)Draxeiro Wrote: Interestingly enough it does seem to work when using the I18n plugin. Just tried it on Chrome and works without a prob.
Are you sure it actually worked so that it is changed on the page-view? I tested it with the I18n plugin, but it gives you the info (in admin) that it works, but in reality order doesn't change.

Could be that I misunderstood 'menu manager' then...

I changed the order via the 'edit navigation structure' button (figured that is what you guys meant), that works like a charm after clicking save and reloading the page on the site.

Now I tried changing the order in 'Add this page to the menu' in the edit page screen (maybe that is what you meant on 2nd thought) but that works fine too.

I'll happy to test further, let me know when exactly you get the problem.
(2014-02-03, 21:11:42)datiswous Wrote: Issue confirmed.

Confirmed, happens to me too.

I18N plugin hides GS menu manager and uses its own navigation structure manager.
confirmed, i wonder if this is new

The menu uls have no rel if the page was submitted, so it only works if you refresh it.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Its a pagecache issue, some optimizations to not load it more than once.
Fixed in hotfixes
https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpleCMS/issues/751
Tested, works fine.

(I just replaced GS 3.3.0's admin/inc/caching_functions.php by this one: https://raw2.github.com/GetSimpleCMS/Get...ctions.php - from: https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpl...ctions.php )
(2014-02-04, 03:06:32)shawn_a Wrote: Fixed in hotfixes
https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpleCMS/issues/751

Nice. Just tested in a 3.2.3 version and there it worked.

(2014-02-04, 01:40:03)Draxeiro Wrote: Could be that I misunderstood 'menu manager' then...
I changed the order via the 'edit navigation structure' button (figured that is what you guys meant), that works like a charm after clicking save and reloading the page on the site.
I used the edit navigation structure function as well when I tested I18N, but it didn't work (it doesn't save even the first time, although the page says it does). If it doesn't work you can only change menu order via the setting in page options, or disabling the plugin.
Tested the new file. Works.

I18n's special Edit Navigation Structure doesn't work at my site. Can someone confirm this?
explain "doesn't work"

or do you mean does the same thing without the fix
Quote:or do you mean does the same thing without the fix

Yeah sorry. It does the same thing as without the fix applied.
I have i18n nav, and it seems to work saving menus for me.
FYI, I released 3.3.1 alpha
(2014-02-04, 08:32:55)shawn_a Wrote: I have i18n nav, and it seems to work saving menus for me.

When you disable I18n plugin do the pages also show up in menu manager in the same order as shown when saved in I18n's Edit Navigation Structure page?
No clue, I doubt it, since we don't support multilevel menus.
Is it an idea to make available hotfix instructions/packages that people can use on their current install (see for instance how Carlos basically implemented your fix on his install)?

Don't think less technically savvy users will understand their way around Github.

Same thing with that other problem regarding CKeditor and IE11 incompatibility, instead of having to install another (beta) version of GS just replacing the needed files following instructions contained in the zip would simplify matters for people.
The links are on the download page.

And you install the whole thing, we don't do patches.

I do not expect non savvy people to figure out GitHub, although it's pretty easy to download a branch and see changes required to fix individual issues if needed.

And all links to github releases are in the forums , eventually I'll add them to the download page if I have time to rewrite the thing. Our website is not exactly easy to maintain a the moment.
Wow I drop a post in the thread thinking it would go unnoticed and when I return the whole community is looking into the issue and the developer has fixed it. AMAZING!

Many thanks guys, updating now.

Ade
(2014-02-04, 04:30:39)datiswous Wrote: Tested the new file. Works.

I18n's special Edit Navigation Structure doesn't work at my site. Can someone confirm this?

Last week I had tried this on a test site, worked like a charm changing the order of pages in the I18n special navigation structure. However this weekend I updated our company site to 3.3.0 and subsequently applied the fix from GitHub.

I can confirm Datiswous' findings: with or without the fix I18n special navigation structure will not save the order of pages that you've just changed.

Strangest thing is that earlier in the day it did do it without a problem but after adding a good number of pages it will not any more.

Don't know if that can/will have anything to do with it? Our site contains 228 pages in total.

I also made a mention of this in the i18n thread by the way.
You should be using the 3.3.1 alpha on the downloads page to test to be sure.

Also be sure to check your i18n version

Also exact steps to reproduce is helpful.
Just installed GS3.3.1a on local server. created 3 extra pages. Added them to the menu. Move them around in menu manager, save menu, move them around again, save menu. Works fine.
Installed i18n plugin. Enabled i18n (not base). I go to Edit Navigation Structure page. Change menu order, save. Looks like saved. I check front end, menu order is not changed. Change menu order again, same situation.

This was done with debug mode on. No error shown. Checked errorlog.txt: See screenshot

Maybe this is is related, maybe not:
i18n_navigation.php says:
Code:
define('I18N_CACHE_FILE', 'i18n_menu_cache.xml'); # cache file in data/other
There's no such file in data/other. If I create the file manually, it is deleted on saving the menu order.