Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my own site
Finally updated my web busines site:
www.cyberpress.biz

I had previously made myself a scrolling one-page theme for this purpose and even put it in extend in it's basic state. Weeks later I finally have a new site. Quite pleased with it.

I found I had to work without the CKEditor. I had several attempts at including a blog, and including links to pages which weren't in the one-page main site. Both were throwing up difficulties so in the end I stayed simple.

(2014-05-20, 23:22:10)Timbow Wrote: Finally updated my web busines site ...

Nice looking, but I never saw the attraction of single-page, personally. Looks a bit disjointed when a virtual page is shorter than the viewport height.

You need to either remove the space, or make it a non-breaking space, before the colon in 'All cyberpress websites are :-'. The colon+hyphen (always frowned upon by my English teacher ...) can split onto a line on their own with the right screen size, when it looks like a malformed emoticon.

Anyway, the real test is how it performs in Google! ;-) Indeed, how does a single-page site perform in Google?
--
Nick.
very nice one!
user plugin: scroll to top
Whats wrong with ckeditor?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2014-05-21, 23:08:32)shawn_a Wrote: Whats wrong with ckeditor?

Too many different blocks of text and styles not displayed in CKE and each page styled differently.

In general I have had only limited success with CKE and an editor css.It seems to write in inline styles in your page if you define them in the editor css and the point and click style selection is not that great. Often you have to untangle it in source mode.
"It seems to write in inline styles in your page if you define them in the editor css"

Really ?
(2014-05-22, 02:14:41)shawn_a Wrote: "It seems to write in inline styles in your page if you define them in the editor css"

Really ?
I am pretty sure I have seen it but I don't know if I could reproduce it.
It only uses inline styles if you use the popup options, I think editor css if just applied to the frame it runs in.
But yeah I think if you are using comlex containers then widgets are the only thing that will work, unless you create templates for everything.
when you hover over the first, second and third image in the first line it happens
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f6vp31s2hm07gv....31.57.png
(2014-05-22, 21:35:32)Oleg06 Wrote: when you hover over the first, second and third image in the first line it happens
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f6vp31s2hm07gv....31.57.png

Thanks Oleg. I thought I had fixed that! What browser are you using - I don't recognise it? It's when the hover changes the size of the image, and it shouldn't, or rather the image size increases and the border width decreases, ho hum.
Nice looking & nice photo!
Portofolio is ok for: Chrome, IE 11, Safari for Win, Firefox.
All is ok!
It looks better than the one you had before, but I think this site is mostly made for smaller screens. For bigger screens it does not make sence how the text is structured. Text blocks are short line-with which makes them hard to read.

Since a big widescreen screen brings more space you could at least do something with that extra space.
Very nice Smile
Best regards,
Nico