Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
I18N Gallery
Okay, I updated the nivoSlider.

Besides the CSS fix, there are two major changes:
1. Ability to write custom callback functions (right on the gallery options page) for slider events.
2. Now you can choose the source for captions (title, description or both - in the latter case they are separated with br tag. BTW, you can use HTML in captions like in any other i18n_gallery type.

If you update from previous (0.9.4) version be sure to update two files: plugin_nivoSlider.php and /css/nivo-slider.css

Comments and bug finds welcome
Thanks for your earlier reply re the CSS etc. I haven't tested the update yet but will let you know how it goes.

(2014-08-30, 17:34:30)vallhund Wrote: Okay, I updated the nivoSlider.

Besides the CSS fix, there are two major changes:
1. Ability to write custom callback functions (right on the gallery options page) for slider events.
2. Now you can choose the source for captions (title, description or both - in the latter case they are separated with br tag. BTW, you can use HTML in captions like in any other i18n_gallery type.

If you update from previous (0.9.4) version be sure to update two files: plugin_nivoSlider.php and /css/nivo-slider.css

Comments and bug finds welcome
Dear readers,

I must be stupid. I try to use this plugin with bootstrap3 theme and I cannot get the fancybox or any other type working. What do I do wrong? I assume in the Galleries tab I click gallery options and then I select a type? I then put the code (% gallery name=mygallery %) in the desired page and be done with it, right? But it doesn't work! Al I get is a new page with the large image. I remember a few months ago I got it working, but I must have lost quite a few braincells since.

An other question is: can I change an url for a single image. E.g. on my homepage I have installed a gallery of thumbs which should redirect to an other page on my site instead of a larger pic of the thumb. See www.megaplaza.eu: I want the thumb "Braun TG 60" to lead to the page http://megaplaza.eu/index.php?id=tg-60 instead of to the large pic.

The last question is about responsiveness. I read a lot of post about guys/girls asking/trying to get the galleries centered and responsive ready. Has anyone succesfully done this? I would love to receive directions as per "responsify" this plugin with bootstrap3.

Thank you guys and dolls in advance for reading and answering
cheers, xmo
(2014-09-12, 10:10:25)dutchp Wrote: But I doesn't work! Al I get is a new page with the large image.

In your page jQuery is included twice - by I18N Gallery (v.1.4.3, line 26) and by Bootstrap3 theme (v.1.10.2, line 220). That's a very common problem.

You can either turn off jQuery in I18N Gallery options or delete the jQuery line in theme's template.php.
In first case, you'll have to edit template.php anyway. Fancybox won't work with v.1.10.2 (at least it didn't for me), an older version is required maybe.
Hi mvlcek,

I think, i found a very strange error in I18NGallery, and I hope you can fix it :o)

I got this JPEG image, which is uploaded to the webserver without any problems, (used GS for that) I can see the image using the direct url - no problems.

But when I add this image to a gallery, and press the 'Save Gallery' button, I receive a server error "Security Incident Detected".
I checked at hosting company, and it's a kind of security filter on the server that kicks in, preventing me from save this.

If I convert the image to PNG format, there are no problems, other than the filesize. I can add other JPEG's to the gallery, also without problems. I checked if this problem on this site only, but tried to other websites using GS - same issue and same hosting company. I have also tried various computers and browsers - same problem.

I then looked into what could trigger this error, and grabed the Post from GS to the server, using Fiddler2 - and there i could see in the "&post-item_1_description=" there was a lot of NULL chars appx. 250-300 of them, but in item_0_destription was empty.

I'm wondering of I18NGallery is extracting some fubar EXIF attributes, and try to do some automatic description fill-out.

I have attached the image and the Post output, so you have something to work with.

I hope you find a solution.

Regards,
NielsK

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt   GSRawOutput.txt (Size: 2.42 KB / Downloads: 3)
(2014-09-13, 21:11:00)nikrodk Wrote: I got this JPEG image, which is uploaded to the webserver without any problems, (used GS for that) I can see the image using the direct url - no problems.

But when I add this image to a gallery, and press the 'Save Gallery' button, I receive a server error "Security Incident Detected".
I checked at hosting company, and it's a kind of security filter on the server that kicks in, preventing me from save this.

I then looked into what could trigger this error, and grabed the Post from GS to the server, using Fiddler2 - and there i could see in the "&post-item_1_description=" there was a lot of NULL chars appx. 250-300 of them, but in item_0_destription was empty.

I'm wondering of I18NGallery is extracting some fubar EXIF attributes, and try to do some automatic description fill-out.

Yes, I18N Gallery tries to extract the EXIF attributes from the image, and in this case the description seems to be a lot of 0 characters. On my local host the 0 characters are even shown in the description. Just make sure to delete everything in the description, then you should be able to save.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Hi mvlcek,
Well, the title, tags and description textboxes are all empty, checked by doing a Backspace in each textbox before saving.
But could be the textboxes handle string termination with the null char, so they seems to be empty, but when you save the gallery, you do some concatination between the textbox and the string from Exif data?
I entered some data into the description textbox, the "post-item_1_description=" contains the data from textbox AND still a lot of NULL chars.
(2014-09-14, 19:25:47)nikrodk Wrote: Hi mvlcek,
Well, the title, tags and description textboxes are all empty, checked by doing a Backspace in each textbox before saving.
But could be the textboxes handle string termination with the null char, so they seems to be empty, but when you save the gallery, you do some concatination between the textbox and the string from Exif data?
I entered some data into the description textbox, the "post-item_1_description=" contains the data from textbox AND still a lot of NULL chars.

The EXIF information is extracted before the image browser shows the images. Which browser are you using?
You seem to have a weird browser, which does not show these null characters, but still keeps them. If your browser has a view of the HTML DOM, you will probably see that the null characters are there from the beginning and typing text just adds it.
Try another browser, like firefox.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Hi mvlcek,
Are you going to be updating the gallery to the latest version of getsimplecms 3.3.3?

If you have already maybe I just have issues then not displaying gallery but displaying the raw code format on my webpages.

If you are planning on updating what is the progress like as i really love your gallery plugin and I love keeping my sites upto date to stop exploits n malicious code.

Thanks,
funwithsmexy
I have expanded the Gallery to a function. I have the Responsive Gallery CYCLE2 provided as a plugin. Languages ​​are available in German and English. have fun with it Smile

Attached Files
.zip   i18n_gallery_cycle2_plugin.zip (Size: 69.99 KB / Downloads: 32)
Firstly, let me congratulate you on a wonderful product.

I've read through all the posts here and the info on the associated sites and have one question:

I'm using GSCMS 3.3.4 and i18nGallery 2.1.1 and was wondering how would I remove some of the Types in the Gallery Options settings? For example, if I want to use only prettyPhoto, how would I remove all the rest of the Types so the admin user cannot change these? I'm self-taught to read PHP and don't know much about actually modifying it or writing it.

Thanks in advance!
(2014-10-20, 04:28:23)Tania Wrote: I'm using GSCMS 3.3.4 and i18nGallery 2.1.1 and was wondering how would I remove some of the Types in the Gallery Options settings? For example, if I want to use only prettyPhoto, how would I remove all the rest of the Types so the admin user cannot change these? I'm self-taught to read PHP and don't know much about actually modifying it or writing it.

Just delete all plugin_* files except plugin_prettyphoto.php in plugins/i18n_gallery.
Thanks for the quick response!
I'm running GetSimple 3.3.4 and the lastest Gallery. The other plugins are Admin Header/Foot, Page Edit Options, Maintenance Mode, Theme Highlighter, and FrontEnd User Login.

The prettyPhoto works on most devices. However, on the iPhone, it shows up as too small and the controls are squashed into each other (see attached image 1). And on an iPad, some of the images are too large despite that I have set the max dimensions on the Gallery options.

It's even worse on a Samsung Gallaxy (see attached image 2).

I've tried it with and without JS turned on.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? I appreciate any and all help! I have checked the prettyPhoto site and haven't found the answer there.

(2014-10-26, 15:31:03)Tania Wrote: Any ideas on how I can fix this? I appreciate any and all help! I have checked the prettyPhoto site and haven't found the answer there.
That's not the plugins fault, it's the job of your responsive css-file.
You can catch it with
Code:
@media (max-width: 480px)
or
@media (max-width: 767px)

for example.
Depends on the screen size.
You can find a good method to test in Firefox Extras-Menu->Web-Developer, where you can test different screens.
If you have defined a screen width like above, it will be shown correct.
Edit: It's possible I'm wrong, because I'm not on Apple machines. ;o)
(2014-10-27, 18:10:41)moped Wrote:
(2014-10-26, 15:31:03)Tania Wrote: Any ideas on how I can fix this? I appreciate any and all help! I have checked the prettyPhoto site and haven't found the answer there.
That's not the plugins fault, it's the job of your responsive css-file.
You can catch it with
Code:
@media (max-width: 480px)
or
@media (max-width: 767px)

for example.
Depends on the screen size.
You can find a good method to test in Firefox Extras-Menu->Web-Developer, where you can test different screens.
If you have defined a screen width like above, it will be shown correct.
Edit: It's possible I'm wrong, because I'm not on Apple machines. ;o)

Thanks for trying, moped. But that didn't help. I've been googling this issue and it seems that prettyPhoto doesn't work well with iPhones. In the PP js file, there is an auto-resize setting. If set to true, it should detect the screen size and resize the slideshow automatically. It works on all the other smartphones I've tested, except the iPhone.

I wonder if anyone else encountered this issue and what they did to resolve it.

Update: after a lot of research on the internet, I found out that there is an issue with the iOS. I haven't found any resolution, except to turn off prettyPhoto just for the iPhone and let it display enlarged images in a new tab. The code for this is on the 'net somewhere, but I've already cleared my history.
Is there a way to show the descriptions under Fancybox? Line 172 of the php file shows
PHP Code:
<?php if (@$item['_description']) echo '<p>'.htmlspecialchars(@$item['_description']).'</p>'?>
Am I mistaken, or doesn't this read that if there is a description, then display it?

Post 25 says to remove the underscores from title and description. Although this is a very old post, I tried it and messed up the fancybox completely.

The Fancybox css file has settings for the title, but none for the description.

And does anyone know if there are issues with Fancybox on[/php] iPhones?

Thanks!

Update: Found out how to add the description to Fancybox. Change line 189 to add the description:
PHP Code:
<a href="<?php i18n_gallery_pic_link($gallery,$i); ?>" rel="fancybox-<?php echo $id; ?>" title="<?php echo htmlspecialchars(@$item['_title']).' - '.htmlspecialchars
(
$item['_description']); ?>"
Hi mvlcek,

this is a very good plugin and another enhancement for it could be to implement a remote load via flickr (my favorite) and/or other image hosting websites (as already does NivoSlider).

thanks for your work!
The Android ePad does not have mouse or mouseover functionality so the prev/next buttons never show up since there is no hover.

On the Fancybox site, I found that adding the left: and right: (as below) should make the buttons display always on. It works but not on all devices.

Code:
#fancybox-left-ico {
    background-image: url('../images/fancybox/fancybox.png');
    background-position: -40px -30px;
    left: 20px;
}

#fancybox-right-ico {
    background-image: url('../images/fancybox/fancybox.png');
    background-position: -40px -60px;
    right: 20px;  
        left: auto;
}

Anyone have any ideas, please?
Thanks!
Hi all,

Does anyone have a gallery that works properly on an iPhone 6 (iOS8) or the iPad (iOS6)? How did you do it?

Thanks in advance!
try this http://tutorialzine.com/2012/04/mobile-touch-gallery/
Thanks!
Hi, I fixed HTML5 valid for this Plugin.

You can read here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12297...-attribute

Attached Files
.zip   i18n-gallery.zip (Size: 269.7 KB / Downloads: 5)
I have a question,

How to limit load image per page. I set "Page" function already, but the problem is it just use css "display: none" to hide image, in real, all image will load when page load.

I want to limit, ex 10 images/pay, so just 10 images will load in page 1. => Reduce site load and BW.

Thanks
Hi,
I'm struggling to get the JQuery gallery displays to work, I have followed the steps at the start of this thread but no luck. I'm using the latest version of JQuery in my template (with the call to it before the get_header(); in the template) but I can't make it load, help please.
Cheers