Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Multi User 1.4' Plugin
Hello

I've found that when I keep on "USER BIO" textarea text or words with accents, "áéíóú". I get the following error: "Unable to load XML file!"

Does anyone know because it can be? A greeting
user bio is probably not saving utf safe, open your user file and see if it has UTF-8 in the <xml tag

hmm this might be a gs bug.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
couple problems here
userbio saved on profile section has no cdata tags
when saved from user management , it does

neither has utf-8 encoding set

perhaps try saving from user management edit and see if that helps.
I've seen the following:

When "á" text in USER BIO is saved from "load.php?id=user-managment". No problems since that file "user.xml" is saved as well:
Code:
<USERSBIO><![CDATA[<p>&aacute;</p>]]></USERSBIO>

But when it is saved from "settings.php#profile" is saved as well:
Code:
<USERSBIO>&lt;p&gt;&aacute;&lt;/p&gt;&#xD;</USERSBIO>

This is what causes the error.
I've been looking at how to fix it, but I'm not so good.
Thanks for answering.

Greetings Daniel
i can post a fix its only a line or two
Also, the default Getsimple user settings have a property 'Display name'.
Although unused as far as I know/see, with Multi User plugin, the property is removed from the user.xml file every time the settings are saved (instead, only the 'User's name' custom field is saved)
(2015-01-23, 15:31:04)shawn_a Wrote: i can post a fix its only a line or two

Hi, is there overcome for this problem? It seems that settings.php form destroys the CDATA container because it uses SimpleXMLElement class to build the XML, while user-management.php uses SimpleXMLExtended for this. Do you know a way to put the <![CDATA[]]> container into USERSBIO (or any other) element using the 'settings-website' hook in settings.php?
Rainbow 
Tanks Mikeh and Oxana for this very usefull* plugin. Following your work I come up with a smartened version marked 1.9.0 (sorry if violating some rules but it seems that Mikeh does not support this plugin any more and I want to avoid confusion: now we already have at least four different "1.8.2" versions, none of them fully functional with GetSimple 3.3.5). It needs more testing (please, engage ...) and may be some bugfixing. Some of the new features do not work in IE9 or older, but the plugin is still well usable there.

Version 1.9.0 (February 2015)
  • reworked UX closer to GS 3.3 admin interface graceful look&feel
  • full localization (EN, RU and CS translations included; not much text, if you send more langs I'll add them)
  • fixed Display Name mismatch bug (now is the same as in the User Profile on Settings page)
  • returned User's bio in User's profile, fixed non-latin characters crashes (it is now renamed to "Personal information" as it can have more general use, eg. personal to-do list)
  • CKeditor is on demand on the User Management page (blue "#" link), it saves a lot of space if not used
  • added switch to reveal password text on enter (blue "#" link)
  • added client-side username and empty password validation (now you do not lose form data if you forget to enter password, no problems with invalid login name characters)
  • added client-side automatic landing page restriction/setting when adjusting permissions
  • logged-in user cannot delete himself or remove his User Management rights (may be the most simple way of superuser implementation, as someone suggested here)
  • set of default permissions when adding new users adjusted for "standard" non-admin user (hopefully suitable in most cases for web designers' clients)
  • added several help hints (blue question marks with hover texts)
  • substantional increase of performance with more then few users (removed multiple readings of whole CKeditor core script for each user)
  • client-side code cleaning and polishment

[Image: user-management-1.9.0.jpeg]

*In my opinion this plugin is essential to fulfil the claim "GetSimple has everything you need, and nothing you don't" not only from web designer's point of view, but also from the point of view of their/our clients, who will not usually change or edit theme, install plugins or adjust page slugs. In most cases they need Pages, Files, Backups and their own Profile, or may be other pre-installed modules such as Newsletter, Blog, Gallery, etc.

Suggestions for future enhancements
I am a client-side web designer not practised at PHP scripting. I have done what I can and even a little more. If someone else will smarten up this plugin further, these are some ideas which I can't implement:
  • Send email with credentials to newly created users (as when creating first user at installation; the coding can be hopefully reused)
  • Add User created date to the Users table
  • Allow more characters in username - when creating the first user, you can use eg. @ . , ( ) # ' space and much more. The user's XML filename is then different from the value of <USR> tag inside it.
  • Allow setting and requiering of some reasonable password policy, so that user can't set password same as his login name, one character password, atc.
  • Flip the Add new user and Edit user functionality to ajax, as now with Delete user. This is the only one I can perhaps still implement myself, but not in the next weeks ...

.zip   multi-user-1.9.0.zip (Size: 17.62 KB / Downloads: 320)
work seems well, including in IE11
@maf Your fixes certainly address some of the shortcomings of this plugin, thanks for that. If you (or anyone else) continues development of Multi User, I have 2 more suggestions:
- Addres this bug, so that GS display name (standard) and this plugin's username are compatible.
- In the Denied permissions, add support for setting permissions on plugin tabs created with nav-tab hook. (Even better would be to be able to restrict permissions to certain nav-links in the tab sidebars.
(2015-02-21, 22:09:35)Tyblitz Wrote: @maf Your fixes certainly address some of the shortcomings of this plugin, thanks for that. If you (or anyone else) continues development of Multi User, I have 2 more suggestions:
- Addres this bug, so that GS display name (standard) and this plugin's username are compatible.
- In the Denied permissions, add support for setting permissions on plugin tabs created with nav-tab hook. (Even better would be to be able to restrict permissions to certain nav-links in the tab sidebars.

The bug with display name mismatch is already solved in the 1.9 version - isn't it?

As for Your second suggestion concerning nav-tab hook - do You mean the Custom permissions section? It is still present and should be functional (tested briefly with Blog plugin), but hidden when no applicable plugin installed. If You mean something more, it is probably out of my skills, I'am afraid. Hopefully some PHP-capable guy will take care of this plugin ...
(2015-02-21, 22:44:27)maf Wrote:
(2015-02-21, 22:09:35)Tyblitz Wrote: @maf Your fixes certainly address some of the shortcomings of this plugin, thanks for that. If you (or anyone else) continues development of Multi User, I have 2 more suggestions:

The bug with display name mismatch is already solved in the 1.9 version - isn't it?

As for Your second suggestion concerning nav-tab hook - do You mean the Custom permissions section? It is still present and should be functional (tested briefly with Blog plugin), but hidden when no applicable plugin installed. If You mean something more, it is probably out of my skills, I'am afraid. Hopefully some PHP-capable guy will take care of this plugin ...

About 1) Oh great!
About 2) I haven't used it with "Custom permissions" yet, but here's a more accurate description of what i meant:

In the GS wiki, on the Plugins:Using tabs and sidebars page, there is a plugin hook in the namespace 'nav-tab', executed with the function createNavTab. This function allows plugin developers to add tabs to GS (next to Theme, Pages, Backups etc.).

What I was saying is that it would be nice to be able to set user permissions for these plugins using 'custom', plugin-specific tabs through Multi User plugin (this could be accomplished simply by adding plugin hooks to multi user).
(2015-03-11, 12:44:30)Tyblitz Wrote:
(2015-02-21, 22:44:27)maf Wrote:

About 1) Oh great!
About 2) I haven't used it with "Custom permissions" yet, but here's a more accurate description of what i meant:

In the GS wiki, on the Plugins:Using tabs and sidebars page, there is a plugin hook in the namespace 'nav-tab', executed with the function createNavTab. This function allows plugin developers to add tabs to GS (next to Theme, Pages, Backups etc.).

What I was saying is that it would be nice to be able to set user permissions for these plugins using 'custom', plugin-specific tabs through Multi User plugin (this could be accomplished simply by adding plugin hooks to multi user).

Thanks for explanation Tyblitz, now I understand what you mean. YES, it sounds really very nice and would give a new level of generality to the Multi User plugin. Can you try to write this peace of code, please?
I have discovered two bugs and made some further enhancements to the plugin, so Multi User 1.9.1 will come soon. I am quite new to GS and rather a client-side designer than server-side developer, but if you (or someone?) help a bit with the PHP code, I can try to incorporate this feature into the coming version.
Actually, after further investigation, the custom permissions do allow this, albeit not very well, through the function add_mu_permission . This function however:
  1. only allows to save extra 'permissions' (so if a plugin dev wants to add other nodes outside the permissions, it is not possible, or at least hard)
  2. forces the permission to have a value of either NULL (true) or 'no' (false). Setting the XML node's value to 'false' actually evaluates to TRUE, which is funny to say the least.
  3. does not allow the user property to be updated/ transferred (when Multiuser is first activated) and instead overwrites the entire file, thus requiring the user to go to GS Settings tab > user management & set all permissions again.

A while ago I created a commit on the Github repo for MultiUser 1.8.2, but the dev isn't very responsive (only for issue #2).
Check out the link, there's only one line of code to modify, and one other to add. I added the hook 'mu-save-user', & gave access to both $datau, and $xml, which are also available for the default GS hook 'settings-user'.

With this, anyone can set his own settings like so:

PHP Code:
add_action('mu-save-user''myUserFunction');
function 
myUserFunction() {

// $datau holds old user info, as loaded by MU plugin

// $xml holds the new user info, just before it is saved

global $datau$xml;

if (!isset($datau->myNode))

// do stuff based on the old settings

$xml->addChild('myNode','myValue'); // add node to XML

Btw you should create a new plugin in the Extend repo for MultiUser; not everyone checks the forum threads, many just download and may not be aware that you've created a better, updated version. If you have a Github account, we could collaborate on it
(2015-04-15, 07:44:41)Tyblitz Wrote: Btw you should create a new plugin in the Extend repo for MultiUser; not everyone checks the forum threads, many just download and may not be aware that you've created a better, updated version. If you have a Github account, we could collaborate on it

The author of the original plugin, Mike henken has not been around for a while but you can be sure that he would be very happy to see a new version of his work in Extend, so please go ahead. 

GS is opensource software and while it isn't stated anywhere specifically for uploads to Extend I believe it is strongly implied that anything in extend is free-to-use, free-to-distribute, free-to-alter and free-to-distribute in altered form in line with the GPL license for the core software itself. About the only thing you can't do is try to license the code you get under GPL under a new more restrictive license.
Hello, im new here..

how can i block for an example a user to prevent him delete or create a galllery?

i know how to block the user to access pages like this: pages.php

but, how can i do this with pages like this: load.php?id=i18n_gallery&create ??

thanks, sry for my english
Hi,
Any chance to add a "last visit date" feature plz? Could be very usefull...
__
Contact me if you need a french translation file for your plugin.
I have a problem with the Multi User plugin which prohibits me from being able to add users.  It says "Unable to load XML file!"  How do I resolve this?   Both of the buttons "Update this Plugin" and "Add new user" simply refresh the page.

[Image: problem4.jpg]

Running GS 3.3.13 (just upgraded from 3.3.10 a few minutes ago - it didn't resolve the issue)
Windows server, domain.com hosting
PHP version 5.2.132

Thanks
I have the same problem - blank page after trying to create a new user. Does anybody know the solution how can I fix that?
(2017-03-01, 01:13:40)zpages Wrote: I have the same problem - blank page after trying to create a new user. Does anybody know the solution how can I fix that?

Hi zpages - I have this problem with the multi-user plugin when I also have the news manager plugin installed. (although I have never seen the 'unable to load xml file' message.) I found that de-activating the news manager plugin before adding new users solves the problem for me.... (I re-activate NM afterwards).
(2017-04-20, 23:28:04)SandyRam Wrote:
(2017-03-01, 01:13:40)zpages Wrote: I have the same problem - blank page after trying to create a new user. Does anybody know the solution how can I fix that?

Hi zpages - I have this problem with the multi-user plugin when I also have the news manager plugin installed. (although I have never seen the 'unable to load xml file' message.) I found that de-activating the news manager plugin before adding new users solves the problem for me.... (I re-activate NM afterwards).

It's a bug in the Multi-user plugin 1.8.2 - It doesn't support custom plugin permissions properly.

(If I had known this perhaps I wouldn't have added MU support to News Manager version 3.3 onwards - it seems I didn't test this with adding users, only with editing existing ones.)

Solution 1:
Edit user-managment.php, find this (line 125):
Code:
    public function mmAddUser()
    {
and just below, insert this:
Code:
global $perm;

Solution 2:
Upgrade to the forked version 1.9.0 of the Multi-user plugin by @maf:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...8#pid49838
that addresses this and other bugs, and seems to work fine.
(2016-11-02, 22:24:30)CABass Wrote: It says "Unable to load XML file!"

Hello,
I just stumbled across the same failure with 1.9.0 but I can't even create a new user, as soon as I activate the plugin, the whole CMS is busted and leaves me with that message in the far left corner of the window.

Disabled any plugins, but still the same failure, I just can't get it to work, only chance to get GetSimple back working is to delete the plugin via FTP.
I don't know what's going wrong, cause the same plugin works on a different installation.

Tried the "reorder plugin", but that one doomed the CMS also.
Killed the plugins.xml and the CMS came back to life.
Enabled ONLY user-managment and doomed again.
Killed the plugins.xml and the CMS came back again.

Here's the xml after it caused the failure:
Code:
<channel>
<item>
<plugin>anonymous_data.php</plugin>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</item>
<item>
<plugin>flat-blue.php</plugin>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</item>
<item>
<plugin>user-managment.php</plugin>
<enabled>true</enabled>
</item>
<item>
<plugin>i18n_navigation.php</plugin>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</item>
<item>
<plugin>sa_toolbar.php</plugin>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</item>
<item>
<plugin>i18n_customfields.php</plugin>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</item>
<item>
<plugin>modern_admin.php</plugin>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</item>
<item>
<plugin>i18n_specialpages.php</plugin>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</item>
<item>
<plugin>GSMaintenance.php</plugin>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</item>
<item>
<plugin>hitcount.php</plugin>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</item>
<item>
<plugin>InnovationPlugin.php</plugin>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</item>
<item>
<plugin>news_manager.php</plugin>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</item>
<item>
<plugin>dynpages.php</plugin>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</item>
<item>
<plugin>theme_highlighter.php</plugin>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</item>
<item>
<plugin>i18n_search.php</plugin>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</item>
<item>
<plugin>Imagizer.php</plugin>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</item>
<item>
<plugin>i18n_base.php</plugin>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</item>
</channel>

What's wrong with it?

Any suggestions please?
Would be glad for any help.
Thanks in advance.
Shasaar
(2014-03-12, 11:46:48)totallywebservices Wrote: non-alphanumeric usernames seem problematic with this plugin (possibly the fault is with usernames in the core of GSCMS but the problem is triggered when this plugin is activated).

Hi again,
THIS was the plugin's cause for failing, not the plugins.xml!
My username had the german letter "ö" in it and the user.xml made an "oe" out of it, so they didn't match for the plugin.
But then again, why did GetSimple didn't had a problem with the name?

Alright, changed the user.xml and now the plugin works, so far Wink.
Just noting here for anybody who might stumble across the same problem.

Cheers.
Shasaar
Hello,

why is not the plugin on the plugins page updated?
over 2 years is the old ... :-(

Best regards
Ulli
PS: Translate to Google

German version:

Hallo,

warum wird nicht das Plugin auf der Pluginseite geupdatete?
ueber 2 Jahre ist das alt

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Ulli
PS: Uebersetzt mit Google
The plugin is not updated because the developer is no longer maintaining it.

Here you can find a fork by another user:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...8#pid49838