Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bootstrap3
(2015-04-16, 21:55:43)harrisc Wrote: I want to increase the size of the Website Name that is at the top of the page. The Website Name is entered on on settings page.

How can I increase the size of the Website Name?

Chris

Edit css/Bootstrap3.css and override the default font size (18px) with, for example:

Code:
.navbar-brand { font-size:32px; }
Yes plugin is activated
I use Bootstrap3 and the text and menus are responsive, but the images are not. 
How can I make the images responsive?
Regards
Chris
http://getbootstrap.com/css/#images
or
img {
max-width:100%;
height:auto!important;
}
(2015-05-18, 23:40:46)Oleg06 Wrote: http://getbootstrap.com/css/#images
or
img {
   max-width:100%;
}
Hi

Thanks for the reply. I inserted the above text in site/theme/Bootstrap3/css/Bootstrap3.css. This did not have any effect.

It did not seem to work. I tried again, now is working, although not consistently on some devices; but much better than before.
Thanks
Chris
http://getsimple.business-website.ru/nov...aya-novost
Code:
img {
    max-width:100%!important;
}
(2015-05-19, 16:39:05)Oleg06 Wrote: http://getsimple.business-website.ru/nov...aya-novost

Code:
img {
    max-width:100%!important;
}

Thanks for the reply. I inserted the above text in site/theme/Bootstrap3/css/Bootstrap3.css. This did not have any effect.

I tried again, now is working, although not consistently on some devices; but much better than before.
Thanks
Chris
Images in Bootstrap 3 can be made responsive-friendly via the addition of the

Code:
.img-responsive
class. This applies
Code:
max-width: 100%;
Code:
height: auto;
and
Code:
display: block;
to the image so that it scales nicely to the parent element.
To center images which use the
Code:
.img-responsive
class, use
Code:
.center-block
instead of
Code:
.text-center
(2014-05-08, 03:06:18)Ree Wrote:
(2014-05-08, 00:15:39)alorence Wrote: Ree, your theme is amazing Wink I have only a qustion. On http://www.rickparrish.ca/news/ each post is decorated with a nice css. On our website (http://orcc.sourceforge.net/news/) we don't have panel, panel-default and panel-heading classes defined on tags around news posts.

So it's not related to your theme but what news plugin do you use ?

I saw these class defined in bootstrap3 theme css files, but I don't know how to add it on div around our news posts.

Thanks, glad you like it (although it makes me feel a little guilty for not keeping it up to date!)

Anyway, I use the News Manager plugin, which I slightly modified (inc/site.php) to add the bootstrap classes you're seeing.  There's probably a better way to do it that wouldn't break with each News Manager release, but since I haven't upgraded it since installing it, I haven't looked into it Smile

How did you add tags like panel divs? Can we get that sauce code?
(2014-05-08, 00:15:39)alorence Wrote: Ree, your theme is amazing Wink I have only a qustion. On http://www.rickparrish.ca/news/ each post is decorated with a nice css. On our website ( http://orcc.sourceforge.net/news/ ) we don't have panel, panel-default and panel-heading classes defined on tags around news posts.

So it's not related to your theme but what news plugin do you use ?

I saw these class defined in bootstrap3 theme css files, but I don't know how to add it on div around our news posts.

How did you add the class? Your blog page looks very good! Can you tell me how!
@kazu2015

Ree said he did it by modifying the plugin.

However you can achieve something similar with NM 3.1 or later:
News Manager -> Settings -> enable Custom Settings, and enter this below:
Code:
showFields title,image,content,tags,date
markupPostTitle div
markupPostDate div
classPost panel panel-default
classPostTitle panel-heading
classPostContent panel-body
classPostTags panel-body
classPostDate panel-footer text-right
(2015-08-10, 06:45:30)Carlos Wrote: @kazu2015

Ree said he did it by modifying the plugin.

However you can achieve something similar with NM 3.1 or later:
News Manager -> Settings -> enable Custom Settings, and enter this below:

Code:
markupPostTitle div
markupPostDate div
classPost panel panel-default
classPostTitle panel-heading
classPostContent panel-body
classPostTags panel-body
classPostDate panel-footer text-right

Thanks a lot. I will try.  I was careless.
http://npostudy.php.xdomain.jp/drupal/in...ch1mq2r1_l

If you use bootstrap css framework, another themes can use it. I cannot tell how it works exactly.
(2015-08-10, 20:03:42)kazu2015 Wrote: http://npostudy.php.xdomain.jp/drupal/in...ch1mq2r1_l

If you use bootstrap css framework, another themes can use it. I cannot tell how it works exactly.

I'm not sure I understand...

Yes I suppose those NM custom settings should work with other Bootstrap3-based themes.

If you mean you don't understand what the settings are for, documentation is available here, though it's somewhat scattered. Feel free to ask any questions about this in the News Manager (updated) support thread.
(2015-08-10, 23:40:47)Carlos Wrote:
(2015-08-10, 20:03:42)kazu2015 Wrote: http://npostudy.php.xdomain.jp/drupal/in...ch1mq2r1_l

I'm not sure I understand...

Yes I suppose those NM custom settings should work with other Bootstrap3-based themes.

If you mean you don't understand what the settings are for, documentation is available here, though it's somewhat scattered. Feel free to ask any questions about this in the News Manager (updated) support thread.

Thanks a lot, Carlos. First of all, I can't understan how you write code.

Code:
???????

I have to read documentation more carefully?
i wonder how to configure the theme settings of bootstrap3 theme in order to make the contact form work.
what i've done so far:
define a page on which the form should be shown. this brings up a error warning "Oops! The site admin hasn't configured the contact form yet!".
i haven't found out yet where to change settings so that the form will show correctly. i've been searching in the gs wiki, the theme documentation and in the community forum - nothing found.
can anybody help me with that?
(2016-03-29, 23:49:46)pigsound Wrote: i wonder how to configure the theme settings of bootstrap3 theme in order to make the contact form work.
what i've done so far:
define a page on which the form should be shown. this brings up a error warning "Oops! The site admin hasn't configured the contact form yet!".
i haven't found out yet where to change settings so that the form will show correctly. i've been searching in the gs wiki, the theme documentation and in the community forum - nothing found.
can anybody help me with that?

Not sure... surprisingly, for me it just worked.

Incidentally, after going through all the themes this is my current favorite however I'm concerned about it not having been updated in years (2014). Any chance of an updated version of this from the author? Current Bootstrap version is 3.3.6
To activate the Contact page in the Bootstrap3 theme you must add the Contact Email Address on the Theme menu page and the Bootstrap3 Theme Settings item.
Chris
(2016-05-11, 21:46:33)harrisc Wrote: To activate the Contact page in the Bootstrap3 theme you must add the Contact Email Address on the Theme menu page and the Bootstrap3 Theme Settings item.
Chris

That would explain why it "just worked" for me. I went into the Theme Settings right after installing Bootstrap3 and it made me put in an email address.
(2016-05-11, 21:46:33)harrisc Wrote: To activate the Contact page in the Bootstrap3 theme you must add the Contact Email Address on the Theme menu page and the Bootstrap3 Theme Settings item.
Chris

hi harrisc,
thank you for replying - since i do not use the english version of getsimple i have a hard time to find the appropriate path to activate the contact page. or maybe my installation throws a bug...
to make sure where to edit the theme, could you please post a screenshot of the pages you enter the contact email address? i'd appreciate it.

thank you in advance!
Is there a way so that a parent menu button doesn't require an initial click to display the submenus, and they just immediately appear on mouse-over?
(2016-05-12, 07:30:36)sremick Wrote: Is there a way so that a parent menu button doesn't require an initial click to display the submenus, and they just immediately appear on mouse-over?

i googled it and the first link in the list was this one.
(2016-05-11, 23:06:33)sremick Wrote:
Chris

That would explain why it "just worked" for me. I went into the Theme Settings right after installing Bootstrap3 and it made me put in an email address.

hm. i never was asked my email address in the theme settings... anybody can help?
(2016-05-13, 03:01:26)pigsound Wrote:
Chris

hm. i never was asked my email address in the theme settings... anybody can help?

Make sure you also installed the included plug-in that came in the Bootstrap3 zip, and that it's activated. Then, go to the "Theme" tab, and select "Bootstrap3 Theme Settings" from the black column of buttons on the right (under "View Sitemap").

In reading the details on those links you provided, it became apparent that requiring the click is actually a good thing from a touchscreen/mobile usability standpoint. So I'm going to leave it alone.

My question of the day: Is it possible to disable the link color change on specific hyperlinked text? I incorporated Font Awesome to get some nice flat icons, but they look funny changed color if I make them linked to something.
(2016-05-13, 06:17:08)sremick Wrote:
(2016-05-13, 03:01:26)pigsound Wrote:
Chris

Make sure you also installed the included plug-in that came in the Bootstrap3 zip, and that it's activated. Then, go to the "Theme" tab, and select "Bootstrap3 Theme Settings" from the black column of buttons on the right (under "View Sitemap").

thank you for your reply – with your help i could track my problem down:
since i have costumized the bootstrap3 theme and created a child theme, the bootstrap plugin did not work with my child theme. only when i switched my site to the original bootstrap 3 theme, the theme settings could be accessed.
so i changed the lines 28 to 32 in the Bootstrap3.php and changed the template names to my customized template name:

PHP Code:
# hooks
# enable side menu if theme is bootstrap3 or on theme page and enabling bootstrap3, handle plugin exec before global is set
if ($TEMPLATE == "Bootstrap3-customized" || (get_filename_id() == 'theme' && isset($_POST['template']) && $_POST['template'] == 'Bootstrap3-customized')) {

if (!($TEMPLATE == "Bootstrap3-customized" && get_filename_id() == 'theme' && isset($_POST['template']) && $_POST['template'] != 'Bootstrap3-customized')) {

add_action('theme-sidebar''createSideMenu', array($PluginId_Bootstrap3i18n_r($PluginId_Bootstrap3 '/BOOTSTRAP3_TITLE'))); 

}