Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION Just an idea - about documentation examples
Have been going through the plugins 'hooks and filters' http://get-simple.info/wiki/plugins:hooks_filters page as I am trying to gain a better understanding of plugin creation.

Then I had a thought, it would be great if each plugin had a clickable example similar to the w3schools examples. When you are learning something new you can see a working version of the function etc.

The more developers can see and quickly grasp concepts then I the more popular plugin development will be for GS. I like GS a lot, it's great for the sme projects and the more plugins and resources available then hopefully more developers will use it.

I know Shawn and many others put a lot of time and energy into GS so I understand it's mainly a time and resources issue.

Just a thought.
use my dev tools plugin and it has option to insert labels at plugin calls. Useful for format inline hooks testing, it also provided timing and hook array debugging.

use my hook components plugin for quick testing of hooks, say echo "I AM THE HOOK YOU ARE LOOKING FOR";
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2017-01-11, 23:56:13)shawn_a Wrote: use my dev tools plugin and it has option to insert labels at plugin calls. Useful for format inline hooks testing, it also provided timing and hook array debugging.

use my hook components plugin for quick testing of hooks, say echo "I AM THE HOOK YOU ARE LOOKING FOR";

Thanks
(2017-01-12, 01:16:29)cobber Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 23:56:13)shawn_a Wrote: use my dev tools plugin and it has option to insert labels at plugin calls. Useful for format inline hooks testing, it also provided timing and hook array debugging.

Thanks

Hi Shawn, do you know if there is a way of me minimising the height of the component textarea boxes? I tried editing the css.php but nothing happens.

Tried your hook plugin and like it. Not too sure how to use the other though . . . Will keep trying

Thanks