Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Website with many pages
Good night, how are you?

I recently developed a website, with thousands of pages, to be more specific, the website has 13,000 pages. I noticed that GET SIMPLE behaves badly when creating / editing / listing / updating the site map, among other functions, taking more than 4 minutes to execute each action. Is there any tip to improve this situation? Perhaps the content manager is not so fast with many pages.

Greetings, Brazil
(2019-04-24, 10:03:26)Carrara Wrote: Good night, how are you?

I recently developed a website, with thousands of pages, to be more specific, the website has 13,000 pages. I noticed that GET SIMPLE behaves badly when creating / editing / listing / updating the site map, among other functions, taking more than 4 minutes to execute each action. Is there any tip to improve this situation? Perhaps the content manager is not so fast with many pages.

Greetings, Brazil

Get Simple CMS utilizes a XML database !
An XML database makes a website much faster compared to a mysql database
But this advantage only works in the 1 - 500 website pages range !!

Above 500 pages you should not use a XML database anymore but a mysql database !
This information however is nothing new.

The around 500 website pages max is known for a XML database.

Get Simple CMS never recommends to use it at such a large scale
like in your case 13000 pages.
I even understand it was even a test I did.

I say this because it is a CRAWLER site, the problem would be due to every page update, it updates the sitemap.xml, the pages.xml, and the pages are not refactored at the time of listing.

I will migrate this specific site to the laravel framework ..
(2019-04-24, 19:40:20)Carrara Wrote: I even understand it was even a test I did.

I say this because it is a CRAWLER site, the problem would be due to every page update, it updates the sitemap.xml, the pages.xml, and the pages are not refactored at the time of listing.

About migrating your website
If you want a complete CMS/CMF for your project, an intuitive back end for both end user and designer, a decoupled front end and handling thousands of pages easily I can recommend Processwire:
https://processwire.com/
(2019-04-25, 07:03:50)Felix Wrote:
(2019-04-24, 19:40:20)Carrara Wrote: I even understand it was even a test I did.

About migrating your website
If you want a complete CMS/CMF for your project, an intuitive back end for both end user and designer, a decoupled front end and handling thousands of pages easily I can recommend Processwire:
https://processwire.com/

I'll check the documentation, thanks for the suggestion.

I've seen the panel and main page demonstration, and I'm going to study a way to deploy it.

The site I currently quoted on this topic is on the air.

https://cras.com.br/

The problem would be in the backend even the slowness, because the frontend is working perfectly.
I have made 3.4 perform slightly better on larger sites, but over 500 is going to be a problem when regenerating cache and some plugins not using it. This is all well documented in github issues
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2019-04-26, 02:52:39)shawn_a Wrote: I have made 3.4 perform slightly better on larger sites, but over 500 is going to be a problem when regenerating cache and some plugins not using it. This is all well documented in github issues

Thanks for chiming in on this Shawn.
I have re-edited my post to 500 pages.
(2019-04-26, 02:52:39)shawn_a Wrote: I have made 3.4 perform slightly better on larger sites, but over 500 is going to be a problem when regenerating cache and some plugins not using it. This is all well documented in github issues

Is there any way to turn off the cache for some time? For example, when editing a page in the code for developers.