Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Navigation menu not working
Hi,

I cannot work out why the navigation menu is not displaying, perhaps someone might point me in the right direction?

In the template I have:

Code:
<div id="menu" class="span-24">
<ul>
<?php get_navigation(return_page_slug()); ?>
</ul>
</div>

I have requested 4 pages to appear in the menu using the Menu Manager option from the admin panel.  I thought this would automatically pick up these pages and display?  They are not.  Each has a slug.

I'm using a template I designed myself but built heavily from others and the default templates (Innovation and Cardinal) behave the same way ... i.e. not navigation menu displayed.

What might I be missing?

Many thanks
(2022-03-11, 05:45:02)sahumphreys Wrote: Hi,

I cannot work out why the navigation menu is not displaying, perhaps someone might point me in the right direction?

In the template I have:

Code:
<ul>
</ul>
</div>

I have requested 4 pages to appear in the menu using the Menu Manager option from the admin panel.  I thought this would automatically pick up these pages and display?  They are not.  Each has a slug.

I'm using a template I designed myself but built heavily from others and the default templates (Innovation and Cardinal) behave the same way ... i.e. not navigation menu displayed.

What might I be missing?

Many thanks

Try it.
https://prnt.sc/_blH6lpPjvTJ
(2022-03-11, 06:38:31)Oleg06 Wrote:
(2022-03-11, 05:45:02)sahumphreys Wrote: Hi,

In the template I have:

Code:
<ul>
</ul>
</div>

What might I be missing?

Many thanks

Try it.
https://prnt.sc/_blH6lpPjvTJ

Yep, The pages I want displayed are all set up to be selected from the Menu Manager system ....
It will be something strange and unrelated, I have never heard of this problem. Is this a local WAMP/LAMP server or a web server? Sometimes I have made a fool of myself moving servers and not updating the root url for instance.
(2022-03-27, 01:45:22)Timbow Wrote: It will be something strange and unrelated, I have never heard of this problem. Is this a local WAMP/LAMP server or a web server? Sometimes I have made a fool of myself moving servers and not updating the root url for instance.

Thanks for the suggestion.  It's not functioning on both a local WAMP server, nor on the hosted site Sad and I've double checked the root URL in both instances.
(2022-04-01, 23:55:15)sahumphreys Wrote:
(2022-03-27, 01:45:22)Timbow Wrote: It will be something strange and unrelated, I have never heard of this problem. Is this a local WAMP/LAMP server or a web server? Sometimes I have made a fool of myself moving servers and not updating the root url for instance.

Thanks for the suggestion.  It's not functioning on both a local WAMP server, nor on the hosted site Sad and I've double checked the root URL in both instances.

turn on gsconfig debug and show us - and try on get_navigation() without return_page slug inside