Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MultiBlock
(2023-10-18, 08:09:19)multicolor Wrote:
(2023-10-17, 19:30:26)CathG Wrote:
(2023-10-17, 18:47:29)islander Wrote: Error
I can not replicate this error on my end, tried several versions of php. Maybe check to see if that .json file exists or if it has read/write permissions.
I will pass this over to @Multi to see if he knows whats going on. Not sure if he has time at the moment though.

Question
This is not possible, but there are tools to help with this. MB and several other plugins either have built in or an add on to migrate. For example, go to Plugins tab, choose Multi Block, at the top of the settings, you will see a Migrate button. Just update this info, and it will fix all your image links.

You mean that if you create a dropdown box in your own installation, you're not getting this problem?

Which .json file should I check exists?

I've checked all the files listed below - they all exist:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method MultiBlock::dropdown() in D:\xampp\htdocs\gs5\plugins\multiBlock.php:151 Stack trace: #0 D:\xampp\htdocs\gs5\data\other\multiBlock\category\dropdowntest.txt(1): mbdropdown('dropdown') #1 D:\xampp\htdocs\gs5\plugins\multiBlock\class\frontMultiBlock.class.php(27): include('D:\\xampp\\htdocs...') #2 D:\xampp\htdocs\gs5\plugins\multiBlock.php(167): frontMultiBlock->get('dropdowntest', '') #3 D:\xampp\htdocs\gs5\theme\Innovation\multiblockDropdown.php(27): getMultiBlock('dropdowntest') #4 D:\xampp\htdocs\gs5\index.php(134): include('D:\\xampp\\htdocs...') #5 {main} thrown in D:\xampp\htdocs\gs5\plugins\multiBlock.php on line 151

I'd be HAPPY to pay for support, if one of you has time.

Haaa - sorry, I missed the migrate button. Thanks for that.

Thanks again.

https://getsimplecms-ce-plugins.github.io/ New version for test 5.1 (now only on ce repo plugins), now fixed dropdown Smile ,Before end this week or begin next i will do create more feature what you suggest. Thanks a lot for idea and support my work from PP! That's gives me power for do it more for people Smile I waiting for feedback.

Oh thank you! I'll try it right now. I know it's night there, so I'll catch you later.

All the best - Cath
(2023-10-18, 08:11:47)CathG Wrote:
I can not replicate this error on my end, tried several versions of php. Maybe check to see if that .json file exists or if it has read/write permissions.
I will pass this over to @Multi to see if he knows whats going on. Not sure if he has time at the moment though.

Question
This is not possible, but there are tools to help with this. MB and several other plugins either have built in or an add on to migrate. For example, go to Plugins tab, choose Multi Block, at the top of the settings, you will see a Migrate button. Just update this info, and it will fix all your image links.

You mean that if you create a dropdown box in your own installation, you're not getting this problem?

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method MultiBlock::dropdown() in D:\xampp\htdocs\gs5\plugins\multiBlock.php:151 Stack trace: #0 D:\xampp\htdocs\gs5\data\other\multiBlock\category\dropdowntest.txt(1): mbdropdown('dropdown') #1 D:\xampp\htdocs\gs5\plugins\multiBlock\class\frontMultiBlock.class.php(27): include('D:\\xampp\\htdocs...') #2 D:\xampp\htdocs\gs5\plugins\multiBlock.php(167): frontMultiBlock->get('dropdowntest', '') #3 D:\xampp\htdocs\gs5\theme\Innovation\multiblockDropdown.php(27): getMultiBlock('dropdowntest') #4 D:\xampp\htdocs\gs5\index.php(134): include('D:\\xampp\\htdocs...') #5 {main} thrown in D:\xampp\htdocs\gs5\plugins\multiBlock.php on line 151

Thanks again.

https://getsimplecms-ce-plugins.github.io/ New version for test 5.1 (now only on ce repo plugins), now fixed dropdown Smile ,Before end this week or begin next i will do create more feature what you suggest. Thanks a lot for idea and support my work from PP! That's gives me power for do it more for people Smile I waiting for feedback.

Oh thank you! I'll try it right now. I know it's night there, so I'll catch you later.

All the best - Cath

YES!! You champion! That's a thing of beauty.
(2023-10-18, 08:18:49)CathG Wrote:
(2023-10-18, 08:11:47)CathG Wrote:

Question

Thanks again.

All the best - Cath

YES!! You champion! That's a thing of beauty.

Would it be possible for the Title to appear in the output, rather than the name? What it's doing now is taking whatever's typed in the name field and transferring it to the slug field. So if the name contains spaces, when I go back to edit the item, the slug has to be edited.

WEIRD ADDENDUM - I'm playing with a new site and I'm using a different admin theme  - Light Admin Core - and it doesn't mess up the slug and name fields any more. Haaa.
Hi,

can anybody confirm that after adding new item to multiblock section stored items order is completely messed or it's just my case?

GS 3.3.19.1 CE, MultiBlock 5.3
This is a bug. I have let @multi know, but not sure when a fix will be added.

GS Community Edition with php8.x compatibility, new features and much more!  Support Me

(2024-06-11, 00:30:34)islander Wrote: This is a bug. I have let @multi know, but not sure when a fix will be added.

Thanks
(2024-06-11, 16:59:42)roisag Wrote:
(2024-06-11, 00:30:34)islander Wrote: This is a bug. I have let @multi know, but not sure when a fix will be added.

Thanks

I know this was happening to me in the past, but I cant seem to reproduce at the moment.
Try v5.4, to see if this cures the problem.

Is this happening on the front-end, back-end, or both?

If its on front-end only, be sure to add to template:
Code:
<?php mborder();?>

GS Community Edition with php8.x compatibility, new features and much more!  Support Me

(2024-06-12, 18:32:07)islander Wrote:
(2024-06-11, 16:59:42)roisag Wrote:

Thanks

I know this was happening to me in the past, but I cant seem to reproduce at the moment.
Try v5.4, to see if this cures the problem.

Is this happening on the front-end, back-end, or both?

If its on front-end only, be sure to add to template:
Code:
<?php mborder();?>

On frontend everything works fine.

I figured out that items custom order for section is stored in order.txt file. I have 10 items in section so after saving custom order of items plugin created this file that in my case contains string "5,6,9,7,8,4,3,2,0,1". But after adding another one item to section order.txt file is not updated. So we have 11 items in section but order.txt still contains only 10 and I think that is the problem. If custom order is detected after adding new item it shoud be placed as first or the last element of the list I think.
(2024-06-13, 05:06:43)roisag Wrote: On frontend everything works fine.

I figured out that items custom  order for section is stored in order.txt file. I have 10 items in section so after saving custom order of items plugin created this file that in my case contains string "5,6,9,7,8,4,3,2,0,1". But after adding another one item to section order.txt file is not updated. So we have 11 items in section but order.txt still contains only 10 and I think that is the problem. If custom order is detected after adding new item it shoud be placed as first or the last element of the list I think.

Yes, I believe you are right.
So after adding the 11th, you would need to save order again, otherwise it does not update the list.
I kind of think that it lists/sorts them by alphabetical by default, instead of the order entered.
I will mess with this a bit more to confirm, to see if a solution can be made.

After installation CMS, the letter arrives in HTML.
[Image: 123.jpg]
(2024-06-19, 23:12:20)Oleg06 Wrote: After installation CMS, the letter arrives in HTML.

Hello Oleg,
I think this is the wrong thread to post this in, but yes, I am aware of this.
I believe it is because of it sending using the PHP mail() function, and many hosts no longer render this properly.
Not sure how to fix this at the moment. Thinking of maybe using PHPMailer in the future, but not sure how difficult this is going to be...

I figured out that items custom  order for section is stored in order.txt file. I have 10 items in section so after saving custom order of items plugin created this file that in my case contains string "5,6,9,7,8,4,3,2,0,1". But after adding another one item to section order.txt file is not updated. So we have 11 items in section but order.txt still contains only 10 and I think that is the problem. If custom order is detected after adding new item it shoud be placed as first or the last element of the list I think.

v5.5 is now available and I think it has resolved this issue.

https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS-CE-plugi...ds/5.5.zip

(2024-06-20, 06:15:55)islander Wrote:

v5.5 is now available and I think it has resolved this issue.

https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS-CE-plugi...ds/5.5.zip

Yes, it works fine now. One important thing for user that has custom sorting. Now it is based on slug that is generated automatically. So after plugin update you need to edit and save existing items to update config files. After doing that sorting works as expected on backend and frontend. New item is adding to the top of list. Thank you.