Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple of suggestions.
Hi,

Really impressed with the sw, converting my site at the moment and should have it up sometime today.

There are a couple of things I'd like to be able to do without having to change your code which I've had to do for my site to allow blogging, comments etc...

o - an option to allow extra page options to be added. e.g. I needed to add a subtitle and a page type to allow my blogging system to work. I hard coded it but it would be nice to be able to add these by changing an XML file or adding options as in the components page.

o - Theme Components, ability to include components as part of a theme. At the moment there central and any components I need for my theme I can't distribute easily.

o - Component editing, rather than having to scroll through pages of components it would be nice to be able to edit individually.

o - Textile editing rather than TinyMCE, already on the roadmap.

Rgds, Mike
My Github Repos: Github
n00dles - I like the #2-#4 suggestions. I agree that those are needed.

Suggestion 1 would have to be looked into a little more. Are you talking like the way Wordpress uses 'custom fields'?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I've never used wordpress so I don't know if it's the same.

I've manually done it by changing edit.php and adding in 4 new input boxes, one for pageType, allowComments , subTitle and publishDate , also changed "inc\changedata.php" modified to add/edit these values in the XML files.

This allows me in the main template file to check the page type and if a blog item display the item with comments etc...

If these could be dynamically added in from say a customfields.xml file from within the template it would mean we could have much more flexibility on the pages.

I'll have a go at implementing something rough over the weekend.

Mike.
actually thinking about it more just the addition of one single option called "customOptions" would allow us to do an awful lot more. We could then use a delimited list and use as we wish. e.g. "blog:1:7 Aug 2009:Testing" gives me the 4 variables I had before.

What dya think instead of complicating things too much...

MIke
as far as #1 goes I think it's a very nice idea to be able to add custom fields to page edit. I'd definitely love to see this integrated it in future to make this extraordinary simple CMS yet more powerful